• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My FUE transplant @ DHI Glasgow

C

cruelnature

Just an update, I had another Mega session with Dr Epameinondas Bonaros and Katerina just over a week ago now to lower the hairline slightly and add some more coverage to the crown area.

All has been going well, second time actually doesn't seem quite as bad when it comes to recovery. All scabs came off clean at wash around day 7/8 although still have some red marks on my head which do tend to take a while to fade away in my case..

C

cruelnature

Below are pretty much my end results of FUE no.1 roughly 12 month on, pleased with the results!

Attachments

• 20181018_092758.jpg
    20181018_092758.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 695
C

cruelnature

And from the top..

Attachments

• 20181018_092817.jpg
    20181018_092817.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 736
C

cruelnature

FUE session no.2 (Day 1) shots below. As mentioned previously, modest work on crown and lowering hairline slightly around 1cm as agreed with Dr Bonaros.

Attachments

• 20181018_180541.jpg
    20181018_180541.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 710
C

cruelnature

From the front..

Attachments

• 20181018_181820.jpg
    20181018_181820.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 599
C

cruelnature

Around 8 days post FUE, managed to carefully remove all scabs without causing any damage by having long showers and gentle massaging the recipient area. Experienced pain in my donor area again from around day 3-6 this time round but definitely a lot easier second time!

Attachments

• 20181027_014907.jpg
    20181027_014907.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 628
C

cruelnature

From the side..

Attachments

• 20181028_094911.jpg
    20181028_094911.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 634
C

cruelnature

And another..

Attachments

• 20181028_190146.jpg
    20181028_190146.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 624
scepticsausage

scepticsausage

I have read this post from the beginning and your transformation from where you began is momentous.
This latest transplant will tie things up lovely.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks very neat and tidy. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
Thanks for the update.

B

bultai

Welcome all,

I've been a long term "sufferer" of hair loss, in my early 20's this predominantly affected my hairline giving the appearance of an even larger forehead (last thing I really needed!). In recent years my crown was next to go, funnily my colleagues discovered this before I did which was a bit of a wake up call.

I initially started taking Regaine around 6 years ago which I have done on and off (foam/liquid) with little to no success. Over the past 12 month I have also been taking Finasteride, unfortunately I experienced a fair bit of shed within a few months of doing so which I have yet to recover from - over the past few month the hair loss appears to have stabilised hence I decided to proceed with a hair transplant.

MHmQTC2.jpg
LcsLlRY.jpg

After much consideration I decided to proceed with the transplant at DHI Glasgow, following a consultation with Alex it was decided that a Mega+ session would be most suitable (extended one day session).

On the day my hair transplant was complete by Dr Epameinondas Bonaros, from arrival I was welcomed and I'd say taken pretty well care of. Slightly concerned that I had skipped breakfast I was provided with some light snacks prior to entering the room with Dr Bonaros and his nurse assistant (apologies forgot the name). The treatment was mostly entirely pain free but I do tend to require a lot more anaesthetic than most!

Unfortunately with the degree of hair loss I had I had to toss up between either having a lower hairline and no work on the crown or a split between a modest hairline and some crown coverage. As per the photos below you will see that I opted for the latter.

rMx0BSr.jpg
4P1YY4e.jpg

Looking back at some pre pictures (none shaved unfortunately) I am relatively pleased with the amount of grafts that seem to have been carried over. The first few nights were not the most comfortable on my donor (slept with my uncomfortable travel pillow to avoid rubbing the grafts).

Below is one of the few photos I have of my donor area, this was around 3 days post FUE and you can see that it healed up quite nicely (do have a couple of gnarly scars there from childhood). Despite this I did have intense pain in the donor area from day 5 which only subdued really around day 10 requiring round the clock Ibuprofen (pain was a combination of pinching/burning/clamping sensation).

qmgXd9U.jpg

I will continue to update as things progress, also have some shots at 10 days post FUE which I will add shortly.. :)

N.B. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how many grafts were transplanted, clearly from the photos it looks like I have a fairly good density at the front however at the crown I was told to expect only around 75% of what it could/should be.

Edit.. including pre-op photo here as the ones from the image hosting site don't appear to be showing in most instances.

B

bultai

Welcome all,

I've been a long term "sufferer" of hair loss, in my early 20's this predominantly affected my hairline giving the appearance of an even larger forehead (last thing I really needed!). In recent years my crown was next to go, funnily my colleagues discovered this before I did which was a bit of a wake up call.

I initially started taking Regaine around 6 years ago which I have done on and off (foam/liquid) with little to no success. Over the past 12 month I have also been taking Finasteride, unfortunately I experienced a fair bit of shed within a few months of doing so which I have yet to recover from - over the past few month the hair loss appears to have stabilised hence I decided to proceed with a hair transplant.

MHmQTC2.jpg
LcsLlRY.jpg

After much consideration I decided to proceed with the transplant at DHI Glasgow, following a consultation with Alex it was decided that a Mega+ session would be most suitable (extended one day session).

On the day my hair transplant was complete by Dr Epameinondas Bonaros, from arrival I was welcomed and I'd say taken pretty well care of. Slightly concerned that I had skipped breakfast I was provided with some light snacks prior to entering the room with Dr Bonaros and his nurse assistant (apologies forgot the name). The treatment was mostly entirely pain free but I do tend to require a lot more anaesthetic than most!

Unfortunately with the degree of hair loss I had I had to toss up between either having a lower hairline and no work on the crown or a split between a modest hairline and some crown coverage. As per the photos below you will see that I opted for the latter.

rMx0BSr.jpg
4P1YY4e.jpg

Looking back at some pre pictures (none shaved unfortunately) I am relatively pleased with the amount of grafts that seem to have been carried over. The first few nights were not the most comfortable on my donor (slept with my uncomfortable travel pillow to avoid rubbing the grafts).

Below is one of the few photos I have of my donor area, this was around 3 days post FUE and you can see that it healed up quite nicely (do have a couple of gnarly scars there from childhood). Despite this I did have intense pain in the donor area from day 5 which only subdued really around day 10 requiring round the clock Ibuprofen (pain was a combination of pinching/burning/clamping sensation).

qmgXd9U.jpg

I will continue to update as things progress, also have some shots at 10 days post FUE which I will add shortly.. :)

N.B. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how many grafts were transplanted, clearly from the photos it looks like I have a fairly good density at the front however at the crown I was told to expect only around 75% of what it could/should be.

Edit.. including pre-op photo here as the ones from the image hosting site don't appear to be showing in most instances.

Hi

I am schedule to do mine on Saturday by Dr Bonaros. May i ask how much you paid for the mega session? Are you satisfied with your result and how soon can you meet clients or other people?

Thanks

CharlesRobinson

CharlesRobinson

Thank you for posting this, right now I have doubt little bit, is it safe or not. I also want FUE transplant that's why i am asking i am living in the UK.