• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My Hair Transplant Plan - Is it possible at all (25 year old, photos)

B

baldpal

Hi, so I am 25 years old and it seems I have 5 on the NW scale (see the photos). Can you please tell me if the following plan is possible?

- I would like to have a hair transplant with a maximum amount of grafts (3500 to 4000 I suspect) and I would hope to keep it looking acceptable (I don't want to look like a star, I just want to have hair) until 29-30 years old. I know 3500 to 4000 is a lot and I must be careful, but I want to have hair as far as I am young and make my life and confidence during that time
- When I am 30 and I lose a bit more hair, I would consider another HT (like 500-1000 grafts, maybe even from my beard if I have no more donor) to restore what's lost during that 5 years
- When I am closer to 35, I would like to cut all my hair and be bald forever (I know my mentality and I will have no issue with being bald like my father after having a successful family)

Now the most important part (I know what do you think at the moment, yes I'm naive) - I would like to avoid taking steroids Fin (or start it after having children if there is no other choice). I have no issues with other medicines and tools (like Minox, biotin, etc)

QUESTIONS:

- Can my plan be successful?
- Is it possible to maintain acceptable results (I really just want hair on the top, I can even ignore crown at all) with no steroids for at least 5 years?
- Would I have any issue with my HT and cutting bald around 35? Will it look worse than without HT for any reason?

Thank you for all your advice and your time!!!

Attachments

• don.jpg
    don.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 152
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 110
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 127

Philw

Hi Mate looking at ur pics I would not recommend a transplant
Reason being u are high on the Norwood chart regards to ur baldness
If u have hair transplants at the front and mid section only you will get that thin stringy comb over look
It will also make the crown look a lot worse and u will start trying to style the transplant over the crown to hide it making u look worse
Regards to the scars dont have a strip surgery as u will see it if u want to stay short,has to be fue, but then u will also see scars if u go short
Meds ain't gonna do anything for u.
My opinion to save u all the stress and if u really want a transplant
Is have fue on top of head scattered everywhere,get a nice mature hairline,make sure angles lay flat to scalp
Then just have trichopigemataion to give u a thicker look,but u have to keep hair shaved,so could be a issue of seeing the fue scars
Or another option is have trichopigmation on top of head and shave head so dont have any surgery at all
Be careful cos a transplant can take over ur life, u have to remember there is only so much density u can get with transplants especially ur loss of hair

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Baldpal.
I can understand why you want to have more hair being at a young age. The issues you face are not being on Finasteride with your advanced hair loss pattern. Your hair looks to be quite fine, your crown is dipping down towards your safer donor area and your sides look as though they are thinning too which could be retrograde alopecia.

With FUT, you have the possibility of a long scar showing if you keep your hair short. With FUE, you have the risk of thousands of circular scars.

If you have surgery you could lose transplanted grafts because of your thinning pattern. This may leave you with an unnatural look.

It may be worthwhile having some consults to have your donor assessed by a doctor. You may have the option for a transplant that will produce a hairline with thinner coverage behind but you must understand the risks associated with it. You don`t want to reach 30 and wish you never had surgery.

Do you not suit the shaved head look? Its quite common now.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
If you try Finasteride you might get some miniaturised hairs back and then you might get away with less grafts if you get a HT.

B

baldpal

Thank you for your comments.

Well, actually I think I look like 4/10 without hair, and with some funny wig/hat I am like 8/10 so it's a big difference. I rather don't care about my crown, it can look empty but I would be happy having my hairline done properly.

So, is the scar/damaged donor area the only threat for me in that case? Can I find on the internet how such a scar looks like?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
With any surgery, there is the possibility that a scar or scars may be visible. Various factors can play a part such as the skill of the clinic and your own physiology. You could end up with a great FUT scar that's pencil thin or FUE scars that are so small they are difficult to see to the naked eye.

Here are some examples.

Difficult to see FUE and FUT scarring

FUE scar.png
FUT Donor Scar.jpg

Visible FUE and FUT scarring.

poor fue scarring.png
FUT Strip Scar.jpg

Hair does make the majority of people more attractive and gives you self confidence. If you do decide you`re going to have surgery the clinic has to think ahead in case you lose more hair and plan a surgery that will still look as natural as possible in a worst case scenario.

B

baldpal

I would like to add that after 35 I would like to cut all my hair off. Will a hair transplant make me looking worse than normally after I cut everything anyway?

B

baldpal

One more question - I think I can try Minoxidil and Biotin for a few months before making my decision - is it worth it? if my hair regrows a bit after that, can I reconsider HT?

Thank you for your time!

H

Hoping_for_hair

Have you considered SMP or a hair system?
There are some good SMP results I've seen on here that might be of interest to you?