• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My HT with Dr Feller Aug-08

T

Tubs

Valued member
Hi

I had a 3,500 graft HT with Dr Feller in Aug-08 (just turned 41 at the time of the op. )

My biggest issue with hairloss was always looking in a mirror and seeing a bald "landing strip" running through the centre of my head.

I always thought that one day I would have a HT to address the issue, I didn't realise, until I started seriously looking into it, what a potential minefield this industry is.

Kudos to all the guys that have shared previous experiences (good and bad) - if researched thoroughly it takes out a lot of the uncertainty.

I am really pleased with my progress to date - already the landing strip is fading away and with the help of a bit of Nanogen I can more or less hide my very thin crown (not touched in my August surgery) and thicken my "HT hair" as it is growing through.

I will probably look into another procedure later this year to address the crown but want to see how the 1st one matures before I make any decisions.

Below are a few pictures through my journey.

The first picture is how my hair looked in May-08.

Tubs

Attachments

• Tubs PreOP.JPG
    Tubs PreOP.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,709
Last edited:
T

Tubs

Valued member
The next picture shows my scar one month post op.

I suffered some shockloss around the donor area - but that rectified itself fairly quickly.

The donor area was a little sensitive upto about month 4 but now feels back to normal and the scar is fading well.

Attachments

• IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,506
Last edited:
T

Tubs

Valued member
Now current status - below.

This is how I looked with wet hair 5 months post op:

Attachments

• IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,981
T

Tubs

Valued member
This is my hair dry - apologies for quality - I nearly always have nanogen in, I live in hotels during the week + this is my iphone (can't think of any more excuses!).

I will post some outdoor shots this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_0907.JPG
    IMG_0907.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,748
T

Tubs

Valued member
Finally a 5 month outdoor picture with Nanogen in.

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,878
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Tubs at 5 months.

You`ve had quite a bit of early growth.

Thanks for posting these and i look forward to following your progress.

Cheers bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Nice. Looks like you're progressing along as you should. The next 6+ months should be fun watching new growth. Did you have the crown addressed at all? Nanogen really makes a huge difference while you wait for the hairs to grow, too bad the contest is over.

Speedy growth!!

T

Tubs

Valued member
Hi Janna

No the crown received no grafts - immediate post-op picture shows how far Dr. Feller managed to get.

I started on Propecia 2 months pre-op - I am sure that my crown has responded, and thats a big bonus as it is amazing how little is required for Nanogen to make a significant difference.

My wife thinks I should just always hit it with Nano and not go through the downtime of another HT, fortunately she is fairly use to me going my own way!

Tubs

Attachments

• 1-21.jpg
    1-21.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,672
janna

janna

Valuable Member
3500 to the frontal 1/2 should give you good coverage. The work looks great. Your pre-op pics show some native hairs - hopefully with Propecia, you will keep what you have and quite possibly get some regrowth. Always good to hear patients being good responders to ht meds.

T

Tubs

Valued member
Hi All

Here is a picture taken this morning (nearly 6 months - post op).

Tubs

Attachments

• Nearly 6 Months.JPG
    Nearly 6 Months.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,663
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Looking good so far Tubs.... well past the "post op blues" stage..

Tim

PS... just very pleased you did not post a pic of that light bulb !!

T

Tubs

Valued member
Thanks Balody - will do!

Tim - Tempted to post the light bulb pics! Hope you received comment in spirit intended - you're looking good and we are all our own worst critics.

Tubs

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Tubs..

I have replied and yes I took it in the spirit it was meant mate...

All is cool

Cheers

Tim

N

NW5a

Valued member
Hey,

looks really good for 6 month !

Do you go for another session for crownwork or do you want to try nanogen there ?

Happy Growing

T

Tubs

Valued member
Hi NW

The nano does a great job on the crown - but I am now seriously thinking of when to get the crown done - down time is likely to be my biggest issue this time round.

Below are a few pictures taken yesterday following a visit to the barber.

Attachments

• Tubs_6Mths+1wk_a.JPG
    Tubs_6Mths+1wk_a.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,275
T

Tubs

Valued member
and another

Attachments

• Tubs_6Mths+1wk_b.JPG
    Tubs_6Mths+1wk_b.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,597
T

Tubs

Valued member
from the side

Attachments

• Tubs_6Mths+1wk_c.JPG
    Tubs_6Mths+1wk_c.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,508
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tubs

Thanks for the update,Nanogen on your crown looks great.

Your donor area still looks in good shape,did Dr Feller say how many grafts you have left approximately and how many he thinks you will need to do your crown.

Cheers bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Tubs,

Looks great mate. Very nice at 6 months and will ofcourse only get better. I like the different shots especially the side view which shows the naturalness of the hairline which is always key.

Very amazing use of the nanogen. Obviously you have benefited from my demonstration of the product. You look great whether you go forward with another procedure or not. Great work by Dr. Feller. Thanks for the post.

NN