• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My journey - Dr Reddy, FUE 1200-1500 grafts - scheduled for 16th Aug 2022

hair-today

hair-today

Hey you're not being a pest, happy to take some more pics. My hair is a bit of a mess at the moment, desperately trying not to get it cut, but it's driving me mad as the back and sides are going really curly, and of course are much thicker than the top and leaving it makes that stand out more. As I work online I've shaved the sides a little when shaving my beard just to make the sides look neat head on. Means it's a bit odd + messy where it needs a cut......worse combo!

But I think when I've just washed it I can get away with it. Either way, I'll post some as soon as I can get something not too embarrasing.
These
Sorry to be a pest, but could you post a few more pictures, showing your head in profile, and also facing straight ahead (but without tilting forward)? Sorry, I just want to get a good look at your hair. Thanks.
Hey here are some pics. The lighting is quite low so it make my hair look darker and thicker. It can look VERY different in bright light. I’ll be sure to post some of those too soon.
CB9FBA15-A13B-4032-BA3C-B50D24CB661C.jpeg

522E05D2-7338-494E-99D8-C83C6401EAEE.jpeg

188F773C-7498-48F8-A4E9-A642D8A4E4A5.jpeg

S

Salazar

Hey here are some pics
Thanks for posting the pics. I've found your thread incredibly helpful so far, in terms of both your openness about the whole process and your diligence in documenting it. I can't wait to see your final result. In the meanwhile, your hair is looking good - very natural (without your telling me, I would never have suspect surgery.) All the best.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hair is looking good at 5.5 months. The frontal view the hairline looks a little less ensue, possibly due to your shed with the topical. This will recover though. I think you’ll have considerable growth in the next few months.
The oral minoxidil will hopefully work out better and increase growth.
I`ll look forward to your next update.

C

Craig

Looking good! Assuming you're still seeing monthly improvements in hair count/thickness? I went to Reddy too and you're about a month ahead of me.

hair-today

hair-today

Looking good! Assuming you're still seeing monthly improvements in hair count/thickness? I went to Reddy too and you're about a month ahead of me.
I assume there are improvements........until a couple of days ago I hadn't had the top cut at all (only back and sides), so it's really hard to compare as it's never been the same length at different stages. It's certainly better than it was, and everyone tells me it will still improve. Fingers crossed, as it would be lovely if it fills out and/or thickens a little bit more.

C

Craig

Awesome, he's great. Hope your recovery is going well!!
Thanks! I'm happy with the progress so far and if it continues to fill in as expected then it'll be well worth the money. I've just had the top cut for the first time to even things out a bit but I plan on letting it grow out over the next few months.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s filling in nicely now. You're just over the halfway point with good coverage. It should continue improving month on month.

hair-today

hair-today

1 month later I've been back to the barber. So this is 7 months and 8 days. I've tried to take some of the donor area as I get quite a lot of questions about this, and indeed I myself had questions before I had the procedure as I was worried about it.

I can certainly still have my skin fade no problems. I also feel close up pictures actually show the scarring more than in real life.

My main points are that if it's left to grow, because the top is thinner than the back and sides it's quite obvious that I'm thinning. But with the right haircut this pretty much disguised. Since getting it cut a month ago it has been the least maintenance it has ever been (other than when buzzed off competely of course). I haven't been using product or even a comb. Just drying and using my fingers to sweep to one side a little. Waking up in the morning too, I've been 100% unconcerned, and if not showering and washing it I've just left it. I certainly couldn't do that before the procedure, it took a lot of effort to disguise the balding, and looked terrible if I didn't work hard to hide it.

Photo on 23-03-2023 at 23.42 #3.jpg
Photo on 23-03-2023 at 23.42 #4.jpg
Photo on 23-03-2023 at 23.43.jpg
Photo on 24-03-2023 at 00.07.jpg
Photo on 24-03-2023 at 00.08.jpg
Photo on 24-03-2023 at 00.08 #2.jpg

S

Salazar

So this is 7 months and 8 days.
Your hair is looking good. I can see the improvement immediately. I don't even have to refer to the before pictures -- it is instantly obvious. You must be thrilled.

Considering how short the donor area is (a skin fade), the closeness of the camera, and the fact that I know exactly what I'm looking for, I'm amazed that the scarring is so unnoticeable. I think that you would need be a fellow transplantee, and really studying the back of your head, to detect anything. Again, you must be delighted -- I know that I would be.

Thanks for updating. I really appreciate your diligence in documenting the entire process and answering all questions. I wish you all the best.