• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My upcoming fue with Dr Bisanga

J

jorman

Valued member
Hi all,

I'm having a FUE HT soon with Dr Bisanga with only 500 FUE to work a litllte bit the hair line and fill one small gap, i want to know if i will loose my surrounding natural hair due to shock loss or is there chances i keep them ?

is taking meds afterwards inevitable , i mean i don't like propecia and other meds cause if u stop taking them one day u loose all u won and i'm afraiiiiid of that.

i prefer having of safe life , eating well practising sport .. My hair loss is really sloww ..

what do u think guys, please let me know about the chock loss issue with this 500 FUE small procedure. i'm concerned about the reciepient area ... afraiiid too :)

thanks guys,
Best Regards.
jorman.

Attached

Attachments

• jorman.JPG
    jorman.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 926
B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
You certainly have a lot of hair; I am not sure I would have any work done at this point, although I can understand why you want it done, and I suppose FUE is the best way forward in this case.

In terms of future loss, having a HT without taking meds is risky; future loss is unpredictable and you have more chance of keeping what you have, if you take finisteride. Imagine if you have further loss around that 500 FUE area, how it will look etc. I am not trying to be negative, just realistic - you need to be aware of the consequences of having a HT- it is a life long commitment. I had surgery in Belgium with Dr Feriduni 2 months ago, but it took me 6 years to pull the trigger as I needed to be sure it was for me. I have been on fin for 6 years too.

In respect of shock loss, it is unpredictable and remember it may be necessary to shave down some of the recipient area anyway.

Good luck with your HT.

BW

P

Philb

Hi and welcome to the forum jorman,

To go into your questions and concerns;

Shockloss is not just about the graft placement it can occur generally as a result of the surgery and anaesthesia, so it can be unpredictable and some suffer whereas others do not, all precautions are taken to minimise any effects. The area to be treated is very concentrated and the density required to be placed to have a good impact for you will need to be high, for this reason it will be best if a small area is shaved; this will enable better placement and angles to be directed in accordance with your existing and surrounding hair as well as minimise any shockloss of your healthy strong hair.

You have every right to have concerns, it is not an everyday occurrence for a person to have a HT and there will always be some degree of nerves. You are in safe hands though you can be assured, the area is minimal and Dr. B is producing excellent hair line refinements that cannot be detected amongst your native hair.

In respect of meds; at the end it is your decision but your argument for not using in my opinion is not valid. You want to keep a good healthy head of hair, all men suffer some degree of loss in their life, some more than others, meds are not their to cure hair loss but to sustain and get the most from what you have, and can and do complement having a hair transplant for many. Yes, you should start meds with the long term in mind otherwise there is no point, but you will not lose more hair if you stop than you were already pre destined to do so. In my mind it must be better to keep hold of what you have than to run the risk of losing it and needing more HT's down the line to address the loss. The two obvious and registered treatments both work differently, one topical the other oral, Rogaine, especially in the new foam application is not hard to use and for the sake of a few minutes a day can give large benefits to the user; but you have decide as you see fit. Look forward to seeing you in BXL soon, any questions feel free to email/pm or ask here; but as said maybe open a new thread as this is another patients and it may get confusing to read otherwise.

au revoir et salut

Phil

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hi jorman welcome pal,i agree with phill it would be a great idea to document the whole thing as its always good to follow patients experiences especially from great clinics!! look forward to following your procedure bud

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jorman and welcome to the forum.

Your small area in the hairline is exactly the same as my hairloss i had there.

I had other loss in the crown but this small area in the hairline was enough for me to want it sorting out.

My hairline would part and it was very noticeable that the area was very thin and going bald.

Be great if you document your experience on here.

Thanks bm.

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
Ah, this is exactly why FUE works!

Look forward to seeing the pics!!!!

Jason

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

I couldn't even read your post, all I got was "blah, blah, blah LOOK AT ALL MY HAIR!...blah, blah, blah LIKE MY LUSCIOUS MOP BALDIES?!!!"...just kidding! But, god, you have a TON of hair you lucky bastard! :)

Your hair looks fantastic, but if that spot bothers you then as B spot said this is precisely what FUE is for. Re meds: how old are you? The meds are only reccomended to halt further loss; you don't necessarily have to go on them right when you have your procedure, especially since your having FUE. Congrats on your upcoming procedure & keep us posted. Z:B

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi Jorman...

Its all about doing what keeps you happy.... and a small procedure that gets you that result is well worth it. As for future loss etc I guess its down to lady luck... one way is to compare other male members of your family... brothers / father .. though not reliable it may give a clue as to further loss..

My biggest mistake regarding meds was not taking them soon enough.. I did about 6 years ago then stopped when my girlfriend said I did not need them... having started them around a year ago and had a great response I regret having stopped all those years ago....

It amazes me how MPB effects us guys... even a small loss like yours ... anyway... good luck and look forward to your results.

All the best

Tim

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
No disrespect i know hairloss effects people in different ways but do you really think you need anything done?I would still think about it if i were you...

P

Philb

I agree in some respect, hair loss is so minimal and I did say that when we met, but as we are not him we cannot really feel his angst and as long as he understand HT which he does, and his donor management is relative then it is up to him. For example, the "postage stamp op" I would think is designed exactly for this type of situation. Maybe people agree with the postage stamp approach, I have my reservations sometimes about that, but this is a classic example when it works.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Jorman,

just to be clear I would go ahead w/the FUE if your hair loss bothers you at all. The "postage stamp" size FUE is specifically for cases like this. IMO it's fantastic that you can have such a minor procedure w/zero strip scar and have your entire area of loss repaired. I wasn't trying to discourage you from having it done, just (jealously;;D ) joking around.

Best of Luck & Keep Us Posted! Z:B

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Although your hair loss is very minimal, it obviously bothers you quite a bit as you €™ve found a hair loss forum and have had a consult. So as long as you know the risks i.e. further hair loss and future financial commitment etc etc I don €™t see a problem with you having your hair bolstered somewhat. I can see why you want it sorted and if it makes you happier in yourself then €¦.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hey dude hope everythings cool, any updates bro:)
best wishes bn