• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My updates post hair transplant surgery

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
It's not uncommon for people to have a pink scalp in the transplanted area for a while post op and it will fade bud, as for the shedding some parts of the transplanted hair can take a little longer to shed than the rest in some people (all normal) and seem to grow a little first. Itching is pretty common too mate after a HT. Growth usually starts slowly around 3 months post op. I used nanogen fibres after my HT (not straight away though) I would imagine you would be ok to use it for your performances at least just make sure you wash it out afterwards, however I'm not a doctor just my opinion.......good luck pal

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

bullitnut wrote:
It's not uncommon for people to have a pink scalp in the transplanted area for a while post op and it will fade bud, as for the shedding some parts of the transplanted hair can take a little longer to shed than the rest in some people (all normal) and seem to grow a little first. Itching is pretty common too mate after a HT. Growth usually starts slowly around 3 months post op. I used nanogen fibres after my HT (not straight away though) I would imagine you would be ok to use it for your performances at least just make sure you wash it out afterwards, however I'm not a doctor just my opinion.......good luck pal

Thanks for sharing your opinion! - Yes hope it does fad.

I better not use the fibres just in case it does clog up pores. - Just one more month of this and sure hair will start re-growing again.

I saw your photos - looks impressive but I notice you didn't do your crown? - Will you go back for this?

Can I ask what shampoo did you use post surgery? How often did you wash your hair with shampoo?

When the new hairs regrow after 3 months are they finer? Did you use normally shampoo and could you still massage the new hairs on the implanted zones whilst washing hair?

Sorry for all these questions but it doesn't say this on my post surgery guarantee sheets.

Just worried they will fall out that's all.;ss;

Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Just wanted to update you 9 weeks post surgery - as you can see most implanted hairs have shed and I look the same as before.

I can see some stalled hairs/grafts (stuck together) that have not grown and realised that they have yet to shed and haven't so I pull them out and they slide out - do you think this damages the roots or follicle?

I assume I should be seeing growth soon - also I notice that some implanted hairs that have not shed are much longer and different in shade - almost like pubic hairs ha! If you can add to this or advise me I would appreciate it - I have used photoshop - so here is a reminder of the amount of hairs implanted.

zone 1). - I had 4,500 hairs, Zone 2). 425 hairs. Zone 3). 1,500 hairs

Let me know if all looks ok for 9 weeks post surgery!? - Implanted zone still pink. ;ss;

Attachments

• Front above - crown & frontal.JPG
    Front above - crown & frontal.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,609
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Just wanted to update you 9 weeks post surgery - as you can see most implanted hairs have shed and I look the same as before.

I can see some stalled hairs/grafts (stuck together) that have not grown and realised that they have yet to shed and haven't so I pull them out and they slide out - do you think this damages the roots or follicle?

I assume I should be seeing growth soon - also I notice that some implanted hairs that have not shed are much longer and different in shade - almost like pubic hairs ha! If you can add to this or advise me I would appreciate it - I have used photoshop - so here is a reminder of the amount of hairs implanted with the FUE system.

Zone 1). - I had 4,500 hairs, Zone 2). 425 hairs. Zone 3). 1,500 hairs

Let me know if all looks ok for 9 weeks post surgery!? - Implanted zone still pink. ;ss;

Attachments

• Front above - crown & frontal.JPG
    Front above - crown & frontal.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,611
yidd0

yidd0

Im the same as you 9 weeks. Im not sure pulling any hairs out is a particularly great idea.

Im not expecting to see any growth untill at least the 20 wk stage. 9 weeks is way to early mate.

How is your donor looking

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

yidd0 wrote:
Im the same as you 9 weeks. Im not sure pulling any hairs out is a particularly great idea.

Im not expecting to see any growth untill at least the 20 wk stage. 9 weeks is way to early mate.

How is your donor looking
I am pulling out the hairs that are mean to come out - they are not growing if you're with me? they are stalled hairs.

Donor is fine I think BUT Still very itchy actually...usually after shampoo or when I am on the sofa or in car or lying down I wake up scratching it which leads me on? - Is it ok to now scratch the implanted zone? I usually rub it if it's itchy but I would have thought over 2 months the implanted zone should be ok for a light scratch?!

Do you have a photo - how many hairs did you have implanted? Does your implanted zone still look a little pink 9 weeks post op?

yidd0

yidd0

I had around the same amount as you. 4500, they even said it may be more, because thats when they stopped counting.

My implanted zone healed totaly within 10 days. All scabs aswell. No redness at all. I was fortunate. I did have a feeling that i might, as i was always a quick healer, regarding cuts bruises etc.my tattoos have always healed quickly. So that was never the worry.

My worry has been my donor. I have it a t grade 2. Its not red, but there is an outline of a n extraction pattern on one side. Which after only 9 weeks, and having a mega fue session is going to happen i suppose.

Im currently travelling asia and australia at the minute, 4 months. Im back in april so thats when i will do a full write up and photos, because all i have is small tablet and its crap.

Heal and grow well

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

yidd0 wrote:
I had around the same amount as you. 4500, they even said it may be more, because thats when they stopped counting.

My implanted zone healed totaly within 10 days. All scabs aswell. No redness at all. I was fortunate. I did have a feeling that i might, as i was always a quick healer, regarding cuts bruises etc.my tattoos have always healed quickly. So that was never the worry.

My worry has been my donor. I have it a t grade 2. Its not red, but there is an outline of a n extraction pattern on one side. Which after only 9 weeks, and having a mega fue session is going to happen i suppose.

Im currently travelling asia and australia at the minute, 4 months. Im back in april so thats when i will do a full write up and photos, because all i have is small tablet and its crap.

Heal and grow well

Did you have it done at DHI?!;)

How old are you...if you don't mind me asking?

Do you know if it's ok to scratch the implanted zone?

Safe travels and yes post some photos.

Last edited:
yidd0

yidd0

No i had my operation done at cosmedica.
Im 36...light scratching would be fine im sure. The grafts should be well in place by now, unless your making your scalp bleed from scratching (which im sure your not) then you should be fine.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

yidd0 wrote:
No i had my operation done at cosmedica.
Im 36...light scratching would be fine im sure. The grafts should be well in place by now, unless your making your scalp bleed from scratching (which im sure your not) then you should be fine.
No - but after washing my hair the scalp (implanted zones) look a little more pink and feel itchy - but they don't bleed. Have you notice any pimples or spots?

L

lukemac

Buy some aloe Vera gel mate. I've had to deal with an itchy scalp aswell but I apply the gel and I feel very much less inclined to itch. Also great for the redness aswell.

J

JoeF

Valued member
Hi Supersmooth,
Congratulations on your hair transplant, all is looking normal and this shed is ok, just remember to always be careful with your hairs and enjoy the growth, you are still in early stages and it will take 12 months to really see the result of your hair transplant, now just sit back and enjoy... All will be ok
I would recommend using the following for your new and existing hairs:
- Bioxsine Shampoo
- TRX2
If you are anxious to get full growth I would recommend beginning to use a concealor to increase your density and will really make a difference.
For now just be careful with your new hairs, don't be touching and rubbing daily just let it grow, everything looks great.
I have been very pleased with all of my 4 hair transplants and the final results 12 months post surgery.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

JoeF wrote:
Hi Supersmooth,
Congratulations on your hair transplant, all is looking normal and this shed is ok, just remember to always be careful with your hairs and enjoy the growth, you are still in early stages and it will take 12 months to really see the result of your hair transplant, now just sit back and enjoy... All will be ok
I would recommend using the following for your new and existing hairs:
- Bioxsine Shampoo
- TRX2
If you are anxious to get full growth I would recommend beginning to use a concealor to increase your density and will really make a difference.
For now just be careful with your new hairs, don't be touching and rubbing daily just let it grow, everything looks great.
I have been very pleased with all of my 4 hair transplants and the final results 12 months post surgery.

HI Joe - Thanks for your advice.

Wow! Four transplants? - Can I ask? How often did you wash/shampoo your hair?

J

JoeF

Valued member
Hi Supersmooth, I wash/ shampoo daily with Bioxsine shampoo.
Keep me updated and I will give you all the advice you need to get great results.
All will be ok.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Just how my frontal zone looks now 10 weeks post surgery.

I can see VERY tiny hairs - but only just like so tiny - need a touch to see them on frontal zone - almost like hairs on the back of your fingers and wrist etc. - Is this the start of new growth anyone?

Attachments

• IMAG5287_1_1_1.jpg
    IMAG5287_1_1_1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,521
Last edited:
yidd0

yidd0

Im 10 weeks now aswell. Do you have any photos of your donor ?

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

yidd0 wrote:
Im 10 weeks now aswell. Do you have any photos of your donor ?

Difficult to get some as I live by myself - but will get some in a day or so, - i am seeing a friend tomorrow... - had haircut today! All looks good. I asked them specifically not to touch the implanted zones - only so i can see how much it has progressed!!!:::C

My profile photo was taken 3 weeks post surgery - from then on between 3rd and 5th week my hair shed the most. I have also notice that my natural hair (island) in the middle has not grown back as fast/quickly either! ;ss;

I have some grafted hair (transplanted hair that has grown but stalled) Don't know if this is right or not?! - Very wiry/stiff. how about you 10 weeks on? and still itchy like crazy.

Attachments

• IMAG5289.jpg
    IMAG5289.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2,501
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Just a quick update - I am between week 10 and week 11 (2.5 months post surgery).

I can see very, very fine hairs which are tiny growing out of the implanted zone - hopefully they will thicken up as time goes by.

The implanted hairs are still shed and some have continued to grow where as others have stalled - what happens to those hairs???

I don't really notice any difference, because like every other person - I see myself every day when I shave /wash etc but someone said they have noticed something since January. - I guess you can see for yourself in the previous photos.

My pic - you can see the implanted zone clearer now - still looks pink though ;;::::/

Attachments

• IMAG5326.jpg
    IMAG5326.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,446
Last edited:
N

ndubya

Hey supersmooth,I'm in the same stage as you, 11 weeks out from my fue. I wish someone would answer your question about the stalled hairs. I have them too. I have read that you are supposed to remove them with tweezers(actually only from one clinic on a forum).I pulled a few out the other day and they came out pretty easily. I was surprised at how long they were under the skin. Some had the j shape that you described.c;;9I tried to get in touch with the clinic, but have not recieved a response.Anyone here know If you are supposed to remove stalled hairs??