• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My updates post hair transplant surgery

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

All in all pleased with both procedures - new hair has grown out well - just frustrated that yet again my hair loss continues and natural hair esp the crown area as seen in above photos has fallen out and of course may require a 3rd but final procedure. WIll wait until next year.

Meanwhile the front looks fantastic - that's the most important part. That island patch is has got thinner a little as well.

G

grooster

Hi Sean,

It €™s great to see you back on here and it €™s good to see your progress. As I €™ve said in emails to you, your story was one of the reasons I decided on the hairpalace and plucked up enough courage to go to Budapest. I have to thank you again for your story and your help along the way.

I €™ve got to be honest, when you see your before and after photos you €™ve come a hell of a long way and you €™ve got to be happy but I can understand your frustrations at still losing hair, but you do look great.
I remember you saying you tried finasteride but you had side effects which is a shame, this may have slowed the loss. The only upside to being older like myself is that most of the loss has slowed down.

I think maybe I would wait for the next round of treatment until the loss has slowed and then have another talk to the doctors at the hairpalace. They will have come across patients with the same concerns and be able to tell you the best course of action. You don €™t want to waste the donor hair that you still have.

But thanks again and your hair does look amazing..

Nick

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Sean
Your hair is looking good mate as you say the crown is still a concern for you , have you tried any other suggested meds to slow down the loss at the back , you could always have SMP in their to give it the density effect , SMP done in the right hands is brilliant , I would suggest you wait now for a good while before doing work on the crown as the crown eats up a lot of grafts and you may find something to slow the loss down other that that brilliant results mate thanks for posting take care i care
Daz

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Supersmooth wrote:
Supersmooth wrote:
Supersmooth wrote:
Thought I would post on here seeing as I haven't posted in a while
I am now just over 1 year post 2nd procedure and 2.5 years post first procedure which was done @ Hair Palace and would like to share results.
Firstly - the FUE during the second procedure was less noticeable so the cosmetic change looks less subtle because it was more hair being implanted in Existing hair instead of bald patches like the first.
I visited clinic and doctor said I could still potentially have a further 4500 hairs extracted and implanted for a 3rd and final procedure because my natural hair is still thinning on my crown sadly!
Firstly, I will show you the change from the front Taken before first procedure and 1 year after second procedure . - Looks quite good but the back doesn't.
Will upload recent photos taken at clinic.
The annoying thing is that I am still losing my natural hair in the crown especially and the doctor did suggest to wait at least two years before my 3rd and final procedure.
[highlight= rgb(248, 248, 248);]
Here with photo seeing the difference after x 2 FUE HT procedures.

Once again - before and after x 2 procedures!

Attachments

• 26905988_10159942239220249_2054472924_o.png.jpg
    26905988_10159942239220249_2054472924_o.png.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 963
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Dazzster26 wrote:
Hi Sean
Your hair is looking good mate as you say the crown is still a concern for you , have you tried any other suggested meds to slow down the loss at the back , you could always have SMP in their to give it the density effect , SMP done in the right hands is brilliant , I would suggest you wait now for a good while before doing work on the crown as the crown eats up a lot of grafts and you may find something to slow the loss down other that that brilliant results mate thanks for posting take care i care
Daz
Yes crown is still a concern - I may try some BIOTIN too! SMP? Scalp Micro Pigmentation? I looked into that - if I run out of grafts then I may look into this.

The fact is I am still losing natural hair and have done in all area's over the past few years since my first and second procedure - the doctors at HP said I have continued to lose more hair in the front, middle and back and therefore a 3rd procedure is necessary! Of course you being that little older may help as your hair loss has slowed down or stablised!
As per above - the good news is both procedures have been a success - that's fantastic news but the bad news is that the hair loss has continued and it looks like more will be lost - you can see the crown a little thin but look at the donor area? - isn't this just fantastic 2.5 years on from first procedure and 1 year on from second procedure - Look how the donor hair has grown back well as seen in pic - the fact I have a total of 11,459 extracted from this part and could have a potential of a further 5000 hairs extracted from the donor for a 3rd procedure is quite reassuring!
I can't knock the clinic, I would recommend the Hair Palace to anyone because I still made the right decision and the results speak for themselves and so lovely to feel I can style my hair and do some really cool quirky partings and feel like I am in my teens yet again!! I just regret that I could have perhaps waited until I was perhaps 35 for my first procedure and waited longer for my 2nd procedure. - Because there was only 17 months between the 1st and 2nd procedures. But I was going through depression and other issues and after a year of using minoxidil, which didn't do anything, I thought of just getting on with it!
The Doctor advised me to wait until next year - fingers crossed my hair loss will slow down or even better stop altogether!
As you may know - With some people their hair loss is more simple - i.e they lose more in the front or none on the crown where as others just have a receding hair line in one place only - but with my hair loss it's all area's and still in all area's of scalp. - Thus could mean that for my 3rd and final procedure - I may need more hair in the frontal island patch if that continues to thin. So the frontal island patch is still a concern too! But when I had my first hair transplant - I did mention to the clinic that the frontal zone is the most important for me and for it to be as dense as possible so that's why I had 4,500 hairs implanted in the front for first procedure and a further 2,500 hairs in 2nd procedure. But I never knew I would lose so much more hair on my crown and middle part of scalp and because that's thinning more and more, which wasn't such an issue back in 2015 during my 1st procedure, hence why I focused on wanting more hair on/in my frontal zones without being aware that the crown may thin. Had I have known (back in 2015) the hair loss will still continue in the crown area as seen then I would have asked for less hair to be implanted in the frontal zone and saved more for the crown etc. argh! Frustrating init!? ha! You know what I mean. It's a catch 22 situation and I am sure many other guys can relate to me on this!? I remember someone on here had x5 hair transplants? can't remember who?
I don €™t want to lose all of my donor hair and in 5 years time still be losing more hair and having none left in reserve!??;ss; It's a tough call really. But either way I'll have the max of 5000 more hairs left to be extracted and implanted. Of course the exact distribution of hairs will be decided on the day of my 3rd and final hair transplant procedure when it's shaved but I am so pleased to hear up to 5000 hairs can still be extracted. Just the ordeal puts me off, i.e having to have hair shaved, going through the same and then having to wait 3 months etc etc and it's so time consuming as well as costly! So I am sure you can see my dilemma!
So I need to make sure this 3rd and final procedure is being carried out at the right time. - Next year!? Such a difficult decision.
I keep telling my family and friends etc that I have gone back to the clinic 'again' to have a check up and arrange another procedure - they always think it hasn't worked ironically, even though many have seen results as you will have seen from above and previous photos. I have to keep telling everyone who doesn't know... that it's not the transplanted hairs/new hairs which were implanted that are falling out...or it failed- it's my natural hair loss which is progressing!!
For now though, I am thrilled to bits with result!:::C
Thanks for the compliments NICK glad it helped and look forward to seeing your results. I thought I'd share this article re the potential cure for baldness:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44038756
After a total of 11,459 hairs have been extracted this is what my donor hair at back looks like!:::C;) - not a trace of anything being extracted, let alone scaring in donor area! The donor area's look fantastic to me. - They do feel thinner now. But by looking no one could see that 11,459 hairs have been extracted.
As always - Thanks for all your support and following my hair transplant journey and sharing your experiences with me and of course a thanks to Bigmac for making it happen on here.:::C

Now you have pretty much seen the full and final results of the first and second procedure you'll probably hear from me before my 3rd and final procedure which won't be until next year or even later. - Who knows!?

Attachments

• 1 year after the second surgery (5).jpg
    1 year after the second surgery (5).jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 985
Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good to hear your happy with your results. In the side by side pictures it shows a huge improvement so I get why your happy dude.[size=
][/size]Sorry to hear your loss as continued and I look forward to hearing all about your next HT when the time comes. [size=
][/size]Thanks for taking the time to return and post updates

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Mate
Them 2 pictures side by side looks brilliant you come so far and thank you for sharing with us and I hope you can slow or stabilize further loss all the very best brother
take care i care
Daz

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
SMP with existing hair can make such a subtle difference that it looks great

Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Dazzster26 wrote:
SMP with existing hair can make such a subtle difference that it looks great

Thanks Daz & Bullitnut
This is this part of my crown (about an inch above donor hair (just above back of donor hair area) on crown it is still thinning the doctor said and could go totally so this causes anxiety but i think I may look into SMP if I do not have sufficient grafts, maybe SMP could be the answer and won't be as noticeable because - either way i'll have 5000 hairs to be extracted - as you can see the donor hair looks fantastic. I comb over the thinner patch at back with the new implanted hair from the front as you cab see below.
I tell you what though - I am very keen to know how/where the doctor come HT surgeon draws the line as to where the donor hair is and where natural hair is!?c;;9? I have highlighted/marked what I think is my natural hair which is thinning and where most of the hair will be implanted for my 3rd procedure next year.

Attachments

• 32634527_1792410734138406_414312886337273856_n.jpg
    32634527_1792410734138406_414312886337273856_n.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Both left/right front sides and almost look perfect until you venture inland ha! - for some reason the right side looks fantastic and so thick! and grown out much thicker than left side as you can see in below pic:::C ¬b`
This looks thinner near ear/side burns- in fact even during my second procedure i had hair extracted from just above both left /right ear and above side burns ( left/right donor area) and looks like that has healed well too as you can see below. As for the hair - Well that right side (like left) use to be a bald patch by the front right now looks like I have an Elvis bouffant hair style haha.;)
It's like a quiff. It's 2.5 years post first procedure and 1.2 years post second procedure and the new hair is growing like a quiff and still fairly stiff to comb down so i just comb it back - In fact someone at my other job said at work "You're blowing your Trump today!" haha! Classic!)(_::

Attachments

• 32368894_1792410214138458_4030718191868051456_n.jpg
    32368894_1792410214138458_4030718191868051456_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
C

Coopman

Valued member
Super smooth
That €™s an awesome quiff you have now, great results.
You mention that you are concerned about your crown. Have you tried dying your hair, as you may have some colourless or miniaturised hair in your crown area that lacks or does not have any pigment. This could visibly improve your crown as you can see hair that has colour but not colourless miniaturised hair.
It works for me.
Best wishes

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Coopman wrote:
Super smooth
That €™s an awesome quiff you have now, great results.
You mention that you are concerned about your crown. Have you tried dying your hair, as you may have some colourless or miniaturised hair in your crown area that lacks or does not have any pigment. This could visibly improve your crown as you can see hair that has colour but not colourless miniaturised hair.
It works for me.
Best wishes

I never thought of that actually - thanks for advice - yes I have notice some hair that is colourless in the crown that falls out when i comb or wash my hair - very fine small stuff like on your arms etc.

Attachments

• 32623044_1794372020608944_8151857419685724160_n.jpg
    32623044_1794372020608944_8151857419685724160_n.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Does anyone know much about REKZE 63 or had experience using it? - Here with the link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anti-Hair-Clinically-Thinning-Thickening-ReGrowth/dp/B01FTXLLF0/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1526568636&sr=8-4&keywords=hairloss+shampoo&dpID=41Ve2LJ3ijL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I usually use Caffeine Alpercin shampoo but it's irritated my scalp a little and skin and made my forehead dry and itchy etc so I am thinking of changing to a different type of shampoo altogether and was wondering if anyone has used Rekze 63 and if so if you would recommend it?

The reviews look positive to me but it's not cheap. I think I may order this.

Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Supersmooth wrote:
Does anyone know much about REKZE 63 or had experience using it? - Here with the link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anti-Hair-Clinically-Thinning-Thickening-ReGrowth/dp/B01FTXLLF0/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1526568636&sr=8-4&keywords=hairloss+shampoo&dpID=41Ve2LJ3ijL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I usually use Caffeine Alpercin shampoo but it's irritated my scalp a little and skin and made my forehead dry and itchy etc so I am thinking of changing to a different type of shampoo altogether and was wondering if anyone has used Rekze 63 and if so if you would recommend it?

The reviews look positive to me but it's not cheap. I think I may order this.
So REKZE 63 Anti-hair loss and hair growth stimulating shampoo and the Biotin with MSM tablets arrived in the post today - I have started to use both!
- can't tell the biotin tablets of course but used the REKZE 63 anti-hair loss shampoo and can feel my hair much softer and feels moist after hair wash and much easier to style and my scalp doesn't feel dry and flaky or itchy after washing my hair like when I was using Alpercin Caffeine shampoo! Also my hair smells nicer too as it's a conditioner. So I feel that even with a touch of water on my comb that I can style my hair after use too!
I read that REKZE 63 contains zinc, biotin, saw palmetto, Emu oil, and caffeine. It's also a DHT blocker but I do wonder if it will prevent further hair loss and stimulate new hair growth or if it's just like a minoxidil, when you need to keep using it?
It's not cheap at " £28.99 per bottle but maybe it could be well worth it. Time will tell.
I'll update you in due course.

Attachments

• 32862225_1797014577011355_4093773220920950784_n.jpg
    32862225_1797014577011355_4093773220920950784_n.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

3rd day using REKZE 63 hair growth shampoo and anti-hair loss and then after combining this with REKZE 27 Anti-hair loss and hair growth stimulating styling, gel - all feels more moist, fresher, softer and less dry, unlike a really dry scalp with scalp.skin irritation which was experienced when using Alpercin Caffeine shampoo. Also 3rd day taking Biotin - all seems OK so far! My Hair feels softer and more moist too! But too early to tell if there has been any difference so will update you in a months time!
On another note...!?
I can't help noticing that when I comb my hair - i still see the whole hair shaft falling out with it's root - is this crusty bit at the bottom the bulb, root or follicle or if it is will it grow back?? Just that usually when hair sheds or falls out like it does every day it's the hair shaft not that crusty, wider bit at it's end of it.
- I guess I am anxious that it's the dermal papilla /root and won't grow back! - I am being very pedantic - but after combing my hair I notice that this hair strand/shaft has a slight bulge at the bottom, as you can see in circle... what is that? Dermal papilla? or bulb?

Attachments

• 33359171_1802162316496581_857333153692385280_n.jpg
    33359171_1802162316496581_857333153692385280_n.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

Got both now! Rekze 63 contains 63 ingredients! - I wonder if I will see some results and if this really does work or of it's medical Lab companies just wanted to make a quick buck or two!? Hope it's not the latter because as you know hair loss is stressful enough as it is for those suffering from it! Just a bit anxious when it mentioned hair could potentially shed during first few weeks!?

Attachments

• 33634203_1805001226212690_8725216222053924864_n.jpg
    33634203_1805001226212690_8725216222053924864_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
Supersmooth

Supersmooth

What it says about potential hair shedding but said changes will occur 2-3 months after constant use. This contains A UNIQUE FORMULA which is a blend of DHT blockers (Zinc, Emu oil, Saw palmetto, Caffeine, Biotin) ORGANIC PLANT plant extracts and nutrients! - Limonene, Lycopene, Taurine, Carnitine, Ginkgo Biloba (as you can see in ingredients!).
Also my other concern is 1. Will this will have an impact on my already transplanted hair, if they said that it's normal for hair to shed at first 2 weeks of usage, Also - unlike caffeine shampoo this contains DHT blocker - 2. There are no real YT reviews on REKZE 63 and how do I know the reviews on amazon are legit. 3. After I emailed them to say I have purchased REKZE 63 and REKZE 27 styling gel. They also mentioned that i should use REKZE 43 - i.e the high performance conditioner. - (to get best results) apply it to the scalp after using REKZE 63 shampoo. Part of me thinks well this is good that a conditioner helps to nourish the hair and leave it shinny and look softer, moist, cleaner or healthier but another part of me feels that they are trying to sell me more to make more for the sake of it when the conditioner is not really needed and I could still achieve results or notice some difference by using only the REKZE 63 shampoo by itself!? Instead of having to buy the whole "REKZE SET".
So hope you can understand why I feel cautious!
Time will tell. So far is far more superior than Alpercin caffeine shampoo!

I am really keen to know if anyone has used any REKZE lab product and if so has it worked!?
Thank you! :)

Attachments

• 33766953_1805001506212662_8739294356051066880_n.jpg
    33766953_1805001506212662_8739294356051066880_n.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:
J

jonahtron

Hi mate,
Just signed up to say thanks for all your pictures. Back in February I had a small op at HairPalace and am loving the results. tracking your journey so thoroughly has been really helpful for me. I'm also thinking of a second procedure, though I just can't shave my head again. I'm an actor and was out of work for nearly 3 months whilst I waited to heal and not look like a freak again!
Do you think they'd ever consider a no-shave surgery? So many other clinics do offer it...

G

grooster

jonahtron wrote:
Hi mate,
Just signed up to say thanks for all your pictures. Back in February I had a small op at HairPalace and am loving the results. tracking your journey so thoroughly has been really helpful for me. I'm also thinking of a second procedure, though I just can't shave my head again. I'm an actor and was out of work for nearly 3 months whilst I waited to heal and not look like a freak again!
Do you think they'd ever consider a no-shave surgery? So many other clinics do offer it...
Hi,
I too have thanked Sean for his well documented journey using the Hairpalace. Without him I probably wouldn €™t have had the nerve to go to Budapest for my treatment in Feb. My thread is just below €œ My Fue hair transplant diary so far". I'm just over 4 months now and can €™t believe the difference both in appearance and confidence, with hopefully a bit more to come. The best money i've ever spent.
I know what you mean about getting your hair shaved again, but as far as I know they €™re not going to change in the foreseeable future. Its something I asked last time. I will probably have to go back next year some time for my 2nd treatment and now i have hair i €™m really reluctant to have it shaved off again. It must be a nightmare when your career and work rely on your appearance.