• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Nervous about first months

G

Gannon

Going into Day 17 tomorrow and there is no sign of any shedding yet. Is it pretty much guaranteed it will happen? And if so, do they all shed or maybe some will stay?

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
Going into Day 17 tomorrow and there is no sign of any shedding yet. Is it pretty much guaranteed it will happen? And if so, do they all shed or maybe some will stay?

Mine was about the 4 week point I could see my old hairline clearly thro what was left.

I actually felt quite positive about that as apparently it means the grafts have got a decent supply and are making progress by shedding ready for regrowth?

I had mine done 7th Aug and for the last week or do at least, have noticed new hairs pushing through. Not a huge amount, just a few here and there.

I've just posted a before / after shot on this thread:

HGC Romford 3000 grafts, Post 9

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Just relax. They will shed when ready or continue to grow.
If they stay at a short length, stop growing, they could be stalled hairs. Nothing to worry about if they are.

G

Gannon

Thank you both for your replies. It is reassuring to read these comments. I remember before my transplant reading stories about guys having really nervous months after their transplant and thinking “nah that won’t be me, I’ll be chilled”… and I’ve been anything but haha

I think maybe some have shed and some are growing. I’m not sure. To be completely honest I only look at it once a day (in the morning while I’m getting showered) then for the rest of the day I wear a hat so that I don’t have to think about it or fixate over it.

Here you can see where we are on Day 21

Attachments

• E3485965-0E2C-4110-BB2B-B90E8D5E5F45.jpeg
    E3485965-0E2C-4110-BB2B-B90E8D5E5F45.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 296
JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
I know what you mean. I have been mega chilled to date, but part of me has still been thinking in the back of my mind, "has it worked?" and "what if this, what if that?"

I also empathise with the crown situation too - and ironically they say that could take up to 18 months to see the final results... Long time to wait!

G

Gannon

Yeah to be honest I’ve recently decided to just simply stop looking at my hair everyday I hate the look of it that much. I know the results will come eventually so if I just check in maybe once a month and have a look, I can cope with that. I will also be able to measure the difference more easily.

In the meantime, I am still currently wearing a hat on a permanent basis. Even when I’m alone, because even catching a glimpse of myself in a reflection depresses me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you can avoid looking in the mirror daily, then good for you as it’s hard not to. The post op healing is still a little red in your recipient area but nothing to worry about.

Take it easy.

G

Gannon

Three months tomorrow since the surgery, so real growth hasn’t properly started yet I don’t think.
Does this seem about normal for this point in time?

5AF54679-DC57-4C21-9207-84AD9B79B5E1.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some people don’t see any growth right up to 6 months. 3 months is usually the timeframe when growth starts but you might not have much. Just try to relax and keep faith in the process.

G

Gannon

AB29FE14-0EC3-4442-B156-C47198B4EF45.jpeg

Four months. I’m starting to feel happy with it now. It’s still not a great look from close up but from a distance it’s actually starting to look pretty decent!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The growth is coming in now at 4 months which is looking decent. The hair will give the illusion of a non thinning look from a distance. It’s good you’re starting to relax about it and feel happy.
Thanks for the update.

JesterRIP

JesterRIP

Valued member
If you can avoid looking in the mirror daily, then good for you as it’s hard not to. The post op healing is still a little red in your recipient area but nothing to worry about.

Take it easy.
^this^

@Gannon When I got to the 4 month point my hair was very similar to yours - long enough to sweep to one side which (for the first time in many years) deviated from my standard crew cut.

Each morning I just used a bit of "short & neat" and kept it like that. It wasn't until 2 or 3 weeks later, I lifted it up to have a good look, expecting to see the old hair line with a few new hairs dotted about here and there, but instead was rather surprised at how much thicker it had got instead!

Is it because of a growth spurt? Because I've not properly checked it for a few weeks? Or a combination of both?

Your hair is looking pretty good though.

G

Gannon

4AE639E6-B546-4DDD-8D87-C22E53F64FE3.jpeg

6 months this week and if growth stopped here I’d still be happy, but of course I know there is still more progress to come

Doing this has been without a doubt one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life!

H

hopeful

Wearing a cap will definitely help. I used Nanogen hair fibers on my crown 10 days post op. They worked great at covering the area and had no issues with growth/survival of the grafts.
With some look the change of meds will promote and stimulate miniaturised hairs to strengthen. Nothing is guaranteed though.

Not everyone suffers shock loss. It may or may not happen. Not all the transplanted grafts may shed, some oils continue to grow. Time will tell.
Hi BM
Presume hair fibres only really work on the crown not the frontal area ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some people will use fibres on the hairline but it can be tricky. DermMatch or similar is better for hairlines.

G

Gannon

Ok it’s now nearly 11 months and the before and after says it all. Best money I’ve ever spent by miles.

FE4F8EF0-2EE7-414D-9A16-73696628FE0D.jpeg
83822E83-F521-4CDF-8F6E-A8F7BC4B582D.jpeg

loui

loui

Valued member
Ok it’s now nearly 11 months and the before and after says it all. Best money I’ve ever spent by miles.
Good that you are happy :)

If you dont mind, maybe share which clinic this was as it can help lots of others who are in their decision stage if they want to pull their trigger and who to go to :)

G

Gannon

Good that you are happy :)

If you dont mind, maybe share which clinic this was as it can help lots of others who are in their decision stage if they want to pull their trigger and who to go to :)
Sure!

FUE Clinics in Birmingham, performed by Dr Steve Stangoni

Would highly recommend