• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

New member wanting advice

E

Ex

Hello everyone

I had my first HT done 8 months ago, it was the strip method. I only had a 1400 grafts extracted from the side of my head to just past the middle of my scalp.

I`m planning a 2nd hair transplant to consolidate the first one, i wish to have the crown filled in, my dilema is will i go for strip again or fue as my strip scar is near invisible but i don`t want to push my luck.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome.

It`s good to hear you have a good donor closure.I take it the first HT has met your expectations,were you an early grower as you`re only at 8 months post op.

How many gradfts do you think you will need for your crown as the crown area can use up a lot of grafts.

Be great if you could post some pictures of your HT and of your crown.

Thanks bm.

E

Ex

I prefer not to post my pictures, i just want opinions of what others would do. My crown will need 1000 grafts.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If only 1000 grafts are needed,maybe go stip on the other side of your head but remember it is surgery and your next scar may not be as good as the first one or you could take it again from the same area as your first HT.

Fue will be a good option also,less downtime and a quicker recovery etc.I dont mind either option.

Who was your doctor as you seem happy sol far.

bm.

ps are you on meds to prevent future loss.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
you dont have to show your face in your pics, I dont show my face.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
also crowns eat grafts like crazy, without pics its hard to say whether 1000 grafts would make any difference, you would have to have minimal loss there for 1000 grafts to help it.

E

Ex

Sparky wrote:
I prefer not to show my pictures at all, a little selfish of me whem i`m asking for advice but thats how it is with me, sorry if it causes a problem. My crown has a bald spot the size of a golf ball, actually it is slightly larger but thats roughly it. 1000 grafts will fill the area with the required density i want. I have been on Propecia for 3 years with a positive effect.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ex wrote:
Sparky wrote:
I prefer not to show my pictures at all, a little selfish of me whem i`m asking for advice but thats how it is with me, sorry if it causes a problem. My crown has a bald spot the size of a golf ball, actually it is slightly larger but thats roughly it. 1000 grafts will fill the area with the required density i want. I have been on Propecia for 3 years with a positive effect.

No problem regarding not posting your pictures,some people aren`t comfortable with them being online even with your face blocked out.

I`m pleased to hear you are on meds and feel they are working,1000 grafts should fill that area in nicely.I take it you have a good donor supply just incase you ever need another HT in the future.

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear you have plenty of donor if needed.You seem to know what you want and i hope the forum helps you in your research.

bm.