• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

New to hairloss experiences need help!!

C

Chorea

Hi, I've been having really bad confidence issues since I started to lose my hair, I have a customer facing job and it's really affecting my work. My financial situation isn't great at the moment but this will change within the next couple of months with me being furloughed I think this is the opportunity I need to get something done. Is there anywhere that offers financial payment packages? And roughly how much do you think it would cost going off the pics.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

IMG_20200522_110225.jpg
IMG_20200522_110237.jpg
IMG_20200522_110245.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, are you taking any hair loss medications? If not, it may be worth while checking them out.
Most clinics offer finance, only do this if you can realistically afford it. Don`t get into debt.
Looking at your pictures I`d say you would need in the region of 3000 plus grafts to create a new hairline, give density to your frontal third and possibly a scattering of grafts going towards the crown.
What are you wanting to achieve?

C

Chorea

First of all, are you taking any hair loss medications? If not, it may be worth while checking them out.
Most clinics offer finance, only do this if you can realistically afford it. Don`t get into debt.
Looking at your pictures I`d say you would need in the region of 3000 plus grafts to create a new hairline, give density to your frontal third and possibly a scattering of grafts going towards the crown.
What are you wanting to achieve?
Basically to fill in the blanks lol it's more the frontal region that I'm looking to 'fill' the hair towards the crown and the back and sides is still really dense I've never looked into medications?? Could you point me in the right direction. On Average how much would a 3000 plus graft cost?

I have crown clinic near me I was going to arrange a consultation but it costs £100 so I wanted to see if I could actually afford the procedure before losing the £100

Thanks for the help really appreciated

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Look into Finasteride and Minoxidil. Check out the medication section on this forum. They do have a slight risk of side effects, so read up on them. Email your pictures to a few clinics before going in for a consult. If you are wanting to stay in the UK, there are a few clinics on here that have results posted and patient stories. Farjo, Westminster, HairDr, Mark Tam, Glasgow Clinic and Maitland clinic.
Cost wise, it depends on which clinic but an average would be three to five pounds per graft.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No problem. Your donor looks decent but you need to be concerned about future loss. If you go ahead with a hair transplant, there's a chance you will lose more existing hair in the future, therefore, you need a doctor who will plan for this with a surgery that will stand alone and look natural if you do continue losing hair.

Reactions: sl
Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I'm trying Finasteride to see if it will grow some of my dormant follicles back. I don't have any issues using it and waiting until the one year mark to see if it's helping me. It's worth checking it out. There are good results from guys using Finasteride and Minoxidil in the medications part of the forum. I've read that Minoxidil works best on the front half of the head which is the area you want to fix.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

I've had 3 transplants and my hairloss was not as much as urs
And I'm still not happy
If u just want to keep hair very short and u want transplants
Go for meds and fue
Or I reckon if u just want a better hairline and fill in areas go for smp
It would look really good for u cos u got the right skin tone