• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

*NEW UPDATE * Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 2194grafts/3754hairs After Scalp Micro-Pigmentation

M

mars

Valued member
If your only a norwood 3 then stick to hairtransplant only,smp is suitable for a small percentage of patients only such as those with high norwood levels or scarring.

Shock loss is possible,i got shock loss it all grew back,going to a good doctor all but eleminates the risk of permanent shockloss.Concealer will help hide shockloss!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Receding,

As Mars said, the use of SMP is good (IMO) on high NW levels or to hide scars. You don't want to get yourself in a position where you are bound to a certain look. Say in a few years you don't want to shave down. You can certainly use SMP to add the look of density but make sure you plan accordingly. Such as, you can sport longer hair length or when the SMP dye fades, you don't have to redo it if you don't want to.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I'm happy to report this patient stated he'd be able to make it in this Friday afternoon to take another set of pics. This will be approximately 3 months since his FUE session. We're not expecting any growth from his FUE session but it'd be nice to see how his SMP is holding up.

I know there's a lot of interest in the FUE/SMP combo, are there any particular questions you'd like me to ask this patient?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
This patient came in to update us.
At 3 months post op from his FUE, he feels he's experienced noticeable new growth already. He's happy with both fue and smp procedures so far. He will come back in another 3 months to take another set of progress pictures.. the redness you see in the new pictures don't show up as much in person..

Slide1-13.jpg

Slide2-10.jpg

Slide3-7.jpg

Slide4-8.jpg

Slide5-6.jpg

Slide6-5.jpg

Slide7-3.jpg

Slide8-2.jpg

Slide9-1.jpg

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

Janna, any noticeable changes or does he shave his head all the time?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Westcoaster,

He shaves is head every 4-5 days with a zero guard. Once he achieves full growth from his fue procedure, he plans keep it at a #1 guard. I did not notice much of a change with the smp in the last 3 months. Maybe just a slight, slight fade in color. He has experienced some growth from his fue session so you cannot detect the smp at all. He is really pleased with both procedures so far and we're expecting it to look even more natural once he gets full growth.

S

SMP

Found the thread at last, this is very interesting. I will follow this with great interest.

S

SMP

Janna, would it be possible for you to ask this patient what length of time it took to complete his SMP as others have stated on another thread the temporary SMP can take 3 days.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I will ask him how long it took but I don't believe it was over multiple days.

I'll contact him to ask if he can come back for another set of pics.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
This patient came in for a follow up with us earlier this month. He was about 6 1/2 months post op. I was busy at the time so someone else took his photos. I was not able to ask him any questions. What I heard is that he's happy with both SMP & FUE thus far and is looking forward to more growth from his FUE procedure. He shaves his head every 4 days without a guard.

Slide1-19.jpg

Slide2-14.jpg

Slide3-11.jpg

Slide4-12.jpg

Slide5-10.jpg

Slide6-9.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I think it looks really good as well. Is he planning on anymore surgeries or Smp in the future?

Thanks for the new pictures Janna.

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

It looks good with the shaven appearance, Janna would it be possible to ask the patient to let his hair grow out some for the next update? Have a clearer color comparison this way.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
He's happy with how his hairs/smp is progressing. He currently does not have any plans for more work. Since I missed his last visit, we had a quick chat yesterday to discuss his hair length during his visit. He shaves with a zero guard every 4 days. He seems to like this routine and the look it gives him.

We feel fortunate to have a patient nearby who can come in regularly to take pictures and answer questions. We're all curious about the SMP and FUE combo. He's not compensated in any way from us so everytime he comes in is a bonus for all of us. I don't feel comfortable asking him to grow his hair longer than he likes but I will ask if he ever changes his routine to let us know.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Very nice documentation! Really looks amazing considering 'just' 2200 grafts where used in a very large area.

I truly believe SMP will open possibilities for some patients.