• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

*NEW UPDATE * Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 2194grafts/3754hairs After Scalp Micro-Pigmentation

janna

janna

Valuable Member
It should work on the white dots. We have a patient who will be trying it out on his old fue scars from another clinic next month. I'll try to take some pics.

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

janna wrote:
It should work on the white dots. We have a patient who will be trying it out on his old fue scars from another clinic next month. I'll try to take some pics.

Smp seems a good viable option for those who want to preserve donor grafts or have deminished their supply leaving this as a last chance per say.

Janna, would the color scheme work for Redheads?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I do not know at this point but I will be finding out soon. I'll keep you posted.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
From what I understand of permanent ink (at least from the permanent ink techs I've spoken to) is that the ink colors they use are a different shade of black.

One of our patients who recently had perm smp treatment has blonde/red hair. I hope he updates us soon with his opinion.

M

mars

Valued member
I think i know the guy you are on about janna he was posting alot on htn and went to great lengths to get information on smp and then once he got it done he didnt post again..its kinda bad form when people do that imo.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I hope he does get back with an update because I've never seen a blonde or red result either

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone who have inquired about this patient's result for their patience. Here are pics of before any procedure (SMP&FUE) and 1 year after.

He is still very happy with his results of smp and fue. He shaves his hair every 3-4 days with 0 guard. The recent pics below are with 3 days hair growth.

Reminder - He had 2194 grafts via FUE 1 yr ago and Permanent Ink (SMP) -

Slide1-34.jpg

Slide2-24.jpg

Slide3-19.jpg

Slide4-19.jpg

Slide5-18.jpg

Slide6-15.jpg

Slide7-11.jpg

Slide8-10.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Looks great Janna thanks for the update....its good to see a perm ink result that looks natural too.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi youngn,

He went to Good Look Inc.

No prob BN. See you soon.

D

denamita

valued member
I'm considering having a Fue/Smp combo to preserve my donor area.
This guys hair loss pattern is very similar to my own. Would it be possible to ask him for updates after this prolonged period? I'd like to see what his scalp looks like after several years.

R Shapiromd

R Shapiromd

Valued member
We will try and contact him and see how he is doing. It would be interesting for us to see him also. His SMP was done by GLI about 4 years ago. It is not the technique we currently use and I know they have modified their technique over the years. So it may not be totally indicative of what can be done today. But it would still be very worthwhile to see.
My gut feeling is that he probably has not changed much since he is local and if he had have progressed or changed he would have come back. We will post if he responds to our email

D

denamita

valued member
Thank you Dr. Shapiro for the response. If you're able to get an update, that would be great.