• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Newbie first time FUE at SMG

T

the stig

Valued member
Hi
Just got back from SMG in Bloomington, Minneapolis where I had 1500 FUE placed in my front hairline and crown area. Hopefully I can help others in my situation who are thinking about it but are a little tentative with all the info/forums/bogs etc out there and
are unsure how to proceed.

Im a complete newbie when it comes to this HT stuff - just decided to have one in May this year, I did a bit of research and my instinct told me to go for SMG - and my instinct was right!

From my very first communications and advice with Matt and Janna, it was clear that Dr Ron and Dr Paul were the type of surgeons who I could trust whole heartedly.
There was no pressure - just good, solid friendly advice, they make sure that you set yourself realistic goals and that a HT is right for you in the first place.

Everyone who works at SMG is a real credit to the clinic - from Del, the girls on the front desk, Matt, Janna, Tom and all the Techs and of course Dr Paul Shapiro who performed my surgery. The whole place is friendly, informal, very clean and professional and helps create an atmosphere where by you are put at ease right away - which was good as I was so nervous!!

I met Dr Paul early in the morning who helped put me at ease, he is so relaxed and has a calming and caring attitude - we spent an hour discussing options, he offers his thoughts and then listens to anything that may be bothering you and helps to find alternative solutions if you so wish.

The two days I was there everyone made me feel so welcome and took real good care of me - the procedures themselves were virtually pain free and the techs and Dr Paul talk to you throughout explaining what they are doing.

I was impressed by the way they place great importance on aftercare and make sure that you know how to care for your grafts once the procedure is done.

I would recommend Shapiro Medical Group to anyone and I think even with my limited knowledge of other clinics that they are up there with the very best in the world. If I was to have any other work done they would definately be my Number 1 choice.

With the experience at SMG and the Indian Summer Bloomington seemed to be having - it was a pretty good week!
Thanks again - Keep up the good work.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Well, you were cool as a cucumber...would never have known you were nervous. Hope you had a pleasant trip back home. I know it's a long flight. Sorry for getting the pics to you a bit later than I promised. And thanks again for the goodies - it's appreciated by all. Now the difficult part - the waiting......

Out of curiosity, what does The Stig mean?

Take care and let us know if you have any post op concerns or questions.

T

the stig

Valued member
Hi Janna,

Hope you are well

The flight home was good - slept like a baby!

The Stig is what they call me at work - we have a TV show in the UK called Top Gear, its a motoring show where they test and review cars - they have a test racing driver called "The Stig" who does laps around a race track to see how fast the cars go, he dresses like a racing driver but he never speaks and never takes his helmet off - hence no one knows his identity, who he is or what he sounds like!

Ive had a few minor bumps driving the fire truck at work and so the name Stig seems to have stuck - it may not make a lot of sense but Ill put an avatar up soon enough so you can see. Its the best I could come up with for now!

Bye for now, Mark

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Mark, I`ve sent you a private message on here, it's accessible at the top of the page.

Hey, your screen name is good as any. Will look forward to the avatar....thanks.

H

hairtech

Glad you had a good experience Mark! Keep us posted!

Tom

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hey dude welcome to the forum glad you had a great experiences with the guys at SMG , you will be over the moon with your results im sure as they are tops

janna heres the stig;)

ps stig please keep us posted palZ:B

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 577
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Stig,welcome to the forum.

Glad it all went well,sounds like you had a great time there.

I`ll look forward to seeing your pictures,if you add them to your gallery,you can simply copy them onto your posts.

See special announcement section on how to do this.

Thanks bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Nordstrom,

This patient replied to my inquiry several months ago stating he was happy with his results and that he'd send some pics but I haven't received any yet. I know his job keeps him pretty busy. Hopefully soon he'll update us.