• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

One of Our Most Gratifying Cases

drcarloswesley

drcarloswesley

Physician/Surgeon
This 48-year-old was left with severe scarring alopecia on the caudal region of his scalp for over a decade. The cause was an aggressive scalp condition called folliculitis decalvans. He had undergone various antibiotic therapies to control the condition and stabilize it for about 11 years. Finally, because of the significant cosmetic impact it had on his day-to-day life, he reached out to our team to treat the area with surgical hair restoration.

There were numerous aspects of this 2074-graft follicular unit transplantation (FUT) case that made it memorable. Scalp thickness and health in the recipient area is often compromised from this condition. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) coupled with an extracellular matrix may have helped graft viability in the recipient area.. However, within a few months, he could already see improvement and one year later, his confidence was back as his scalp coverage was as seen in the images below.

While not all instances of cicatricial alopecia result in this type of transformation, it is certainly treatable. For those interested, I co-authored a chapter on this condition years ago in the textbook, Dermatologic Therapy. I believe the full text is available for free.

Slide03.jpg

Slide04.jpg

Slide05.jpg

Slide06.jpg

Slide02.jpg

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Amazing life changing results congratulations to the Patient and the Dr and his Team ¬b`

Z

Zesty

Superb transformation.
Dr. Wesley. I note you are conducting further research into Acell + PRP for use in the hair restoration field. Are there any clinical trials ongoing showing hair regeneration progress made by these two treatments only?

F

Foody

@drcarloswesley Do you have more information on the treatment this patient used to control his scarring alopecia? How long after treatment commences do you require the patient to wait before undergoing surgery?