• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Pitting

J

JJ09

I have pitting in the immediate hairline from mini graft places there 18 years ago'''ss'' and was considering using a CO2 type laser treatment to eradicate them.

Does anyone have experience with this type of procedure would it destroy the hair follicles as well (not that I would want this to occur)?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi JJ09.

I have no experience of this but if you could possibly post some close up shots of your pitting so we can see what you`re dealing with.

Thanks bm.

J

JJ09

It is a bit difficult to see on this picture (i will try to take a better one). The Dr made 3mm slits straight down my forehead to place the grafts which have been removed.

There are around 20 that measure approximately 2mm long x 1/2mm deep.

Attachments

• 408.jpg
    408.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 636
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea can`t really see much in that picture.3mm slits,thats bad.

Have you had any opinions from docs on your next course of action.

Take care

bm.

J

JJ09

This is just one of many issues I need to deal with. I haven`t discussed the pitting specifically only my needs to be hat free (unfortunately too much work lol) if I can achieve that then the pitting will only be obvious in bad light.

I have heard of the CO2 laser being effective with acne scarring. If this treatment would prove successful, I would not have to worry about thickening the hairline too much.

One possible concern may be discolouration of skin tone when treating only one area rather than the whole face.

J

JJ09

Here are some close up pictures of the pitting that I am dealing with.

J

JJ09

Here are some close up pictures of the pitting that I am dealing with.

J

JJ09

Try again, feel free to remove the previous posts BM.

Attachments

• P10.jpg
    P10.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 806
J

JJ09

The pitting looked a lot worse when I had 3 and 4 hair mini grafts growing out of them.

I'm sure no Dr would perform this type of surgery these days.))N_):)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This is an old thread but I`m receiving emails from people who are getting bad pitting by using inexperienced clinics. This pitting is usually accompanied by pluggy or stalky looking grafts. Having these scenarios repaired will end up costly and time consuming, that`s providing they can be repaired.