• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Plug removal and pitting

G

Gaijin1979

Hey everyone, twenty-two years ago, I had two terrible FUT hair transplants. I was swindled by a snake oil hair transplant salesman from Dr.Robert Thomas and Medical out of Milwaukee, Wi. He told me nothing but lies and false promises. The results were so bad that I had no choice but to wear a hair system, which I’ve been doing ever since. I'm now 42 years old, married, and moved on. I don't want to wear the hair system anymore. I want to sport a bald head, but my hair transplants left me with terrible pitting. I want the follicles and pitting to disappear, but I don't know how to fix it. Some have said to get the plugs removed by punch, while others have mentioned electrolysis. I’m not keen on having any more surgeries so I’m edging more towards electrolysis, but I’m not sure if that will fix the pitting and smooth out my scalp. Has anyone else ever been in the same situation as me? Any advice or information on what to do and what my results maybe? I have a Zoom consultation with the Chicago hair institute soon. Anyways, let me know.

E33C4272-DAE3-4D12-AFA0-7EE5A38656EF.jpeg
13060CDE-89AD-4B0D-AD36-998424794C35.jpeg
F09B776C-1BA3-43B6-A8D7-6B618D281507.jpeg

NZK Medical

NZK Medical

Valued member
Hello @Gaijin1979, you have covered the majority of hair removal options, except laser hair removal. Surgically, the grafts can be removed using an FUE punch. Or, if close to each other a mini strip and a few sutures until healed. It is possible some of the hairs regrow again. Requires multi sessions sometimes. In fairness, this can occur with any option. The laser hair removal, there is a case on the forum. The individual wanted his lateral temples refined after a hair transplant. This worked well for him but did take a number of sessions. He documented his progress well.

The trouble with the pitting will still remain regardless. Of course, if you went down the surgery, FUE or FUT road. There is a further risk of visible scarring from the removal, even if very minimal. Your pitting has been apparent for many years and is unlikely to be refined after the removal. You would have to consider another skin resurfacing treatment to help. There are no 100% assurances the pitting can be removed and your skin flattened again. Removing the darker coarser hairs even when shaved may go a long way to reducing the look of the pitting also. Good luck with your consultation.

loui

loui

Valued member
I answered you in another thread, as far as the removal of plugs goes, it is totally possible to remove with Electrolysis. I think you should see someone who specializes in the blend method of Electrolysis, this method has worked great for me.

The pitting is much like any kind of acne scar, there is no real solution I believe, some claim certain injections can help.

I would think some sort of filler like botox could be possible just to even it out, but you need to ask a medical professional about this.

G

Gaijin1979

I answered you in another thread, as far as the removal of plugs goes, it is totally possible to remove with Electrolysis. I think you should see someone who specializes in the blend method of Electrolysis, this method has worked great for me.

The pitting is much like any kind of acne scar, there is no real solution I believe, some claim certain injections can help.

I would think some sort of filler like botox could be possible just to even it out, but you need to ask a medical professional about this.
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Electrolysis is good for killing the grafts but your other issue is the pitting you want fixed and electrolysis won’t fix that.
I would opt for having the lager plugs removed via large Fue punch, then have the wound stitched together. This will get rid of the pitting and leave the thinnest of scars. Any smaller plugs without pitting electrolysis should work to kill them off.

G

Gaijin1979

@Gaijin1979 Did you sort out a plan to fix this?
Yes, as I may have mentioned, I talked with a doctor at the Chicago Hair Institute. He said it can be done, but it may not look 100%, so he recommended that I only have ten plugs removed as a trial. If I get good results, then have the rest done. I’m currently still living in Japan, but I plan to return next year. When I finally get back and have the trial done, I’ll let you know.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, hopefully the trial is a success. All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

A

amaritbennett

I wish that everything will be fine with you, I pray for you.

J

Jay O Donald

I have the same issue. What route did you take and did you have great results?