• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Possible number of grafts from Donor area?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks as though you`ve lost more hair since your surgery. You need to be careful and plan ahead.
Have you a picture of your donor extractions by this clinic?
I did take a quick look at their site. Not really any results to view. One thing I did see was they offer FUE OR S.H.E/single follicular extraction. They charge more for the S.H.E which is rather puzzling as it doesn`t require anything different, except maybe a smaller punch.
Is this the clinic you`re having your next consult with or have you chose another?

P

Petersvk123

It looks as though you`ve lost more hair since your surgery. You need to be careful and plan ahead.
Have you a picture of your donor extractions by this clinic?
I did take a quick look at their site. Not really any results to view. One thing I did see was they offer FUE OR S.H.E/single follicular extraction. They charge more for the S.H.E which is rather puzzling as it doesn`t require anything different, except maybe a smaller punch.
Is this the clinic you`re having your next consult with or have you chose another?
i have choose another Clinic for consultation

what is your advice? should i use my grafts from donor area for making more density?

67193584_413704552574470_5277133339143176192_n.jpg

67214996_398658561008783_4999001156953833472_n.jpg

P

Petersvk123

is it possible to have hair transplant from other part of body? eg hair from neck(beard)

Bully

Bully

The height of your hair line is fine where it is. Lowering it will use up precious grafts and carries the risk of you not be happy with the density. Have it redone by a competent doctor who will use extra grafts to add density behind. Neck hair is not appropriate for transplanting, beard hair is used on a regular basis with great success.

P

Petersvk123

The height of your hair line is fine where it is. Lowering it will use up precious grafts and carries the risk of you not be happy with the density. Have it redone by a competent doctor who will use extra grafts to add density behind. Neck hair is not appropriate for transplanting, beard hair is used on a regular basis with great success.

oh i thought beard from neck

Last edited:
P

Petersvk123

is there some space for implant grafts to have a more density?
what would be the amount? 300 / 500 / 1000 grafts?

193624033_1362269380819372_2712633760381181000_n.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You will probably need 2000 plus grafts to fill the area and strengthen the hairline. With your hair loss progressing and hair loss pattern, you may be advised to try to stabilise it with hair loss meds.

P

Petersvk123

You will probably need 2000 plus grafts to fill the area and strengthen the hairline. With your hair loss progressing and hair loss pattern, you may be advised to try to stabilise it with hair loss meds.
i dont think right now i need 2000grafts, there is no space for this amount, my prediction is maybe
300grafts hairline and 200-300 grafts behind,

did you mean 2000grafts now or later too?
i can see there is no space for 2000grafts, behind max 500and hairline 200-300

if i loss my grafts later, maybe then 2000grafts- did you mean it this way?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
500 grafts won`t be enough. It depends on what your expectations are. Are you wanting just a thin coverage?
You should send your pictures to a few clinics on here and ask what they recommend.
Also, look through the patient results and see how many grafts people got who had similar hair loss to you.

P

Petersvk123

500 grafts won`t be enough. It depends on what your expectations are. Are you wanting just a thin coverage?
You should send your pictures to a few clinics on here and ask what they recommend.
Also, look through the patient results and see how many grafts people got who had similar hair loss to you.
i am going to consultation this month, i will see what doctor will advice,

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, well don’t rush into anything. You need to have a game plan moving forward.

P

Petersvk123

I thought you were referring to hair on the back of the neck. Clinics usually prefer to take the grafts from under the chin and jawline.
yes from under the chin and jawline, how many grafts are there approx? i would take everything from there, so it is another way, thanks!

Bully

Bully

This all depends on how thick your beard is. Some people are able to have thousands of grafts removed, others may not be suitable.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks a bit sparse so I don’t know how many grafts you’d have available from it.

P

Petersvk123

so, i had a consultation with doctor, decision is 1000gratfs are going to be transplanted