• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Raphael84 - My Surgery - Dr. Bisanga BHR Clinic - 3466 Grafts - FUE 0 - 5 Months

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Looks amazing Ian and has really come on from the last update and you can not only see but hear the density as you brush through with your hand, and as a repair patient this makes it even more remarkable...Very happy for you mate and really can't wait to see more updates..

Like anything in life, there are levels and this is top tier...

Techno1

Techno1

I have to agree with the others, simply breathtaking. 6.5 months, wow. Not using products or having to style your hair will have gave you a sense of freedom!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ian. Your hair is looking excellent for being a little over 6 months. I don’t know how much more it can improve. Density is great, naturalness is great, no more bad hair days and no more worrying.
You must be receiving positive comments from people who see the change.
Thanks for the update.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ian, I meant to ask you. What dosage is the oral minoxidil you take? Do you require anything for water retention?

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Hi Bigmac

I take 5mg oral minoxidil as is the general recommendation.

I honestly haven’t felt/experienced any sides of the medication. I do not take anything in regard to water retention or anything of that nature.

I believe that I tolerate it well and have been fortunate with medication in relation to sides which has been a game changer for me.

Several years ago, I discontinued meds for a while and lost quite a lot of ground that I was not able to recuperate upon beginning again which really highlighted the importance of meds in my case.

I am like all patients in the respect that I would prefer not to have to commit to any medication, but it is a balance and the reality is that without it, I would be in a very different place and so therefore manage it as best I can.

Reactions: sl
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It’s good to hear you’ve not had any issues with the oral minoxidil. I agree, when these meds work, they can be a game changer. Finasteride was for me.
Long may it continue.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
All is well thank you Bigmac. I will be reaching 10 months pretty soon and intend to share an update shortly.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good. I’ll look forward to seeing your pictures.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
It has been a few months since my last update, and so I am thrilled to be able to present my current situation at 10 months post surgery.

As you may know from my previous updates, I was very fortunate to experience great early growth with density being achieved in those first 6 months which was much more than I expected.

The last several months have allowed my hair to mature and settle further and it is great to be able to play around with lengths and styles and simply have more confidence day to day in all situations.

You honestly can't underestimate the impact that such a transformation has and your new hair quickly becomes the norm. That is not to say that you forget your starting point or your journey, but as the process was so seamless and after the initial healing you are quickly back to your pre op status, the evolution is just very natural.

As per my initial post detailing the challenges that my case presented including average/below donor density, below average hair groupings and fine hair, this just adds to the magnitude of what has been achieved. My donor looks and feel as it did pre surgery and I am very happy to be heading into my 40s with the head of hair that I currently have.

With medication the status of my hair is stable and long may that continue, but in summary at 10 months post surgery, results have surpassed my expectations and I couldn't be more happy.

A big thank you to Dr. Bisanga and the BHR team.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
You are looking very good Ian...really nice and natural and took back some years for sure! Enjoy...

ian comp.png

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking very good Ian. Your hair certainly looks to have matured these past few months, the video shows this perfectly. Everything looks very natural too, no inkling of you ever having surgery.
It is good to hear the meds are having a positive as well.
Thanks for the update.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Thanks Bigmac

Much appreciated. Thanks for your kind words.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You’re welcome. Have you noticed an improvement with meds in the overall health of your hair?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Superb result dude….amazing density.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Time for an update.

I wanted to provide photos and a video comb through showing my current status at 15 months post surgery.

Due to being very fortunate and achieving impressive early growth, much of the obvious transformation really occurred in those first 5-6 months which considering my scalp was not "virgin", was a real positive and somewhat unexpected. I was prepared to be patient and thought I may require more time.

Having said that, between 6-12 months I was definitely personally aware of the hair settling and maturing and even after the 12 month stage, the restoration and reinforcement of my delicate temple points have noticeably settled further.

I was discussing with a patient recently how that despite never forgetting how you may have felt pre surgery, being overly conscious and being aware of lighting etc, your results quickly become the norm and on a day to day basis, you really do forget, which is a great thing and ultimately the aim, allowing you to move forward/on and enjoy your new hair.

Big thank you again to Dr. Bisanga and the team for such a result and the positive impact that is associated with my transformation and thank you to Stephen for providing commentary to my video thread.