• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Rejected by Erdogan for low donor area capacity - what are my options?

B

Biceps

From Erdogan:
"After analyzing your photos Dr Koray Erdoğan found that your DONOR AREA is not strong and thick as it should be for the hair transplantation. Therefore Dr Koray Erdoğan came to the conclusion that your Donor area has a low capacity for the procedure of hair transplantation."
Anyone heard of this type of rejection? Since Erdogan is so well respected, does this mean that most other surgeons share his opinion? Pics of my donor area below:

Long
d1UpMCV.png

Long (combed upwards)
BJfLNx6.png

Short (you can see my donor area has "gaps"?)
DMaad8O.jpg

Buzzed (this is my default look)
s0DMTWf.jpg

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Have you had fue before? The shaved pic of your donor area almost looks as if you've had grafts extracted previously but I could be wrong. It doesn't appear particularly dense though and I can see why Erdogan might be reluctant to perform surgery on you.

How extensive is your hair loss? Some pics from further away showing the top/front would help.

B

Biceps

Have you had fue before? The shaved pic of your donor area almost looks as if you've had grafts extracted previously but I could be wrong. It doesn't appear particularly dense though and I can see why Erdogan might be reluctant to perform surgery on you.

How extensive is your hair loss? Some pics from further away showing the top/front would help.

Hi Pete,

I have not had any sort of HT procedure done. I will add pics of my top/front.

Hair Restoration Europe

Hair Restoration Europe

Valued Member
Possibly the Doctor felt your donor hair characteristics would not stand up to progressive hair loss. One of the back images with longer hair and combed up could be argued your hair density or the number of hairs per FU on average is low. You have coarse hair that maybe "masks" reality a little. If you either have a low FU density or smaller hair groupings than average this could have brought them to this conclusion. But, that´s obviously to ask them. Even with some hair length, your hairs exit points allow your scalp to still be visible through the hair thickness. If the hair is removed this will only increase this see-through look. Depending on how many grafts were required this could then become very obvious. Especially if and when hair loss progresses and more and more is required. A single procedure may be fine, but looking at planning for the future it can become problematic.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I'm no expert so this is just my non medical opinion but your donor does look like you've had surgery already as there seems to be gaps between the hairs which isn't a good thing. If you were to go ahead your very limited as to the amount of grafts they could extract without it looking very depleted. It may be possible to have a HT if you added some body hair into the mix like hair from the beard etc but that would be very dependant on who you go with as not every surgeon performs BHT. Do you take hairloss medications?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Out of curiosity what's the hair quality like at the sides of your head?

B

Biceps

I'm no expert so this is just my non medical opinion but your donor does look like you've had surgery already as there seems to be gaps between the hairs which isn't a good thing. If you were to go ahead your very limited as to the amount of grafts they could extract without it looking very depleted. It may be possible to have a HT if you added some body hair into the mix like hair from the beard etc but that would be very dependant on who you go with as not every surgeon performs BHT. Do you take hairloss medications?

I have been taking finasteride for close to 9 months now. I also use Nizoral shampoo and minox.

The sides of my hair are of similar quality to the back :/

Hair Restoration Europe

Hair Restoration Europe

Valued Member
Using finasteride and nizoral may help your genetically weaker hair over the top of the scalp. This is certainly a good option in respect of trying to stabilise your hair growth in the DHT affected areas. In respect to your donor hair. It may simply be a trick of the camera and in reality, your donor is perfectly fine. The only way for sure is to have a consultation and your hair density properly measured, including an approximate hair count per follicular unit. As well as checking your overall hair characteristics.

Often hair growth around the back and sides of the head the hair growth is angled down and flatter to the skin surface. Maybe in your case, the hair growth angles are less acute and rather than flatter to the skin more pronounced. This gives the see-through look, being able to see your scalp through your hair. The problem, if the case is removing any hair, is only going to make this look worse. This is possibly made to look worse by your coarse hair and higher hair colour to skin complexion contrast.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
I have been taking finasteride for close to 9 months now. I also use Nizoral shampoo and minox.

The sides of my hair are of similar quality to the back :/

How are you responding to finasteride? Do you feel you've stabilised things?

If so, it's possible you could have a smallish procedure (1500 grafts or so - donor allowing), perhaps utilising beard grafts also to boost up the numbers (but as bullitnut says, not all surgeons perform this and growth is harder to predict).

Your next step though should be an in-person consultation with a reputable clinic to examine your situation and discuss your options.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Mate

If i was in your shoes you need to actually get to the Clinics so the Surgeons can have a proper look at your donor supply and give you a plan of action whatever that might be, Also its all about your expectations as well but do not give up hope wishing you all the best

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Try some inhouse consultations to have your hair evaluated in person.