• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

scalp laxity and strip

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Hi Guy's,

Im looking at having a strip procedure done in january to thicken my crown and frontal region.(i cant chave down due to work so FUE isnt really an option).Im a little concerned as to wether my scalp laxity may be a problem perhaps for the strip closure.My scalp feels pretty tight,if i place my fingers at the back of my head or the crown area,i can only move around 5mm in any direction.If i try and pich between finger and thumb in any area,again its about 5mm but still tight.I have started doing laxity excercises,but any opinions would be appreciated,thanks.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
What is the reason you can not shave down?

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Meeting clients at work.Ive had really short hair before and it really doesnt suit me anyway,so a shaved head would make me look mental i think.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi.

Have you any pictures to share with us.

When i had FUT with SMG i was able to conceal the donor strip easily with my hair.There are pictures of it in the patient section.At 10 days post op i was able to use concealer on my transplanted area with great effect.

Therefor if you decide a HT is for you i think you return to work without anyone knowing providing you aren`t shaven down.If you are having frontal hairline work,you may have some redness to contend with.

Take a look at Beardywierdys pictures as he was able to cover his hairline work quite easily.

Bm.

F

folliclediabolical

Valued member
Thanks guys.
I cant stand looking at my thinning monk head so havnt been brave enought o take any pics as yet BM.My hairs about 2" long all over at least so im pretty sure that would cover the scar with my return to work.I was just a little concerned about a strip closure when my scalp feels this tight.