• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

seasonal shedding

M

Mr T

Valued member
hi everyone

i've recently been through a shed, i am 2 years post op from my 2nd ht with dr feller...

started shedding this march, and i think it has stopped now, just wanted to know if any one else has experienced such a shed...

all comments welcome

;o)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That is a really long shed,i`ve never experienced one that lasted that long.

Have you changed your regime at all,added any new produccts or changed your meds dosage as these could possible cause it to last so long.

bm.

M

Mr T

Valued member
shedding has stopped, i'd say about a month ago, so would it be a while before the hair that has shed gows back?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
When my hair sheds it usually grows back within 2-4 weeks.

Hopefully yours will grow back quickly too.

bm

M

Mr T

Valued member
i thought a lot more people would be sharing their experiences as it affects us all at one point in life...

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I too have experienced shedding but not really sure if it makes a noticeable difference in the volume of my hair when it happens. What I notice is that there will be times when I notice more hair in my comb/brush. Ofcourse I panic for awhile but it seems to stop after about a month or so. Not really sure if there has been a pattern at all like time of year, periods of stress, etc. Likely there is and I haven't pieced it together.

NN

N

NW5a

Valued member
I have made this experience, too. After 1,5 years i had a bad shedding and it depends on your nw pattern if it will be noticeable only for you or others, too. I think the transplanted hairs will change their growth circles often until a few years. Other reasons are possible, too.

Good luck and stress is the hair killer nr.1

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
One of my worst fears.... shedding !!

I am sure I went through a phase of shedding around April of this year.. exactly one year post op from my Feller repair.

There seemed to be far more hairs on the pillow and in the bath than usual. I was convinced my hair was thinner... but to be honest I dont know if this was just paranoia ??

The worst part was that I had so many things change at the same time as my shed started..

1) New prescription of Proscar
2) Drastic change of diet
3) Change of shampoo from my regular one
4) 24/7 working
5) Had just changed my brand of hair wax... yep I even thought this may have been a reason !!!

Looking back I remembered that I had always thought my balding sort of sped up as the warmer weather came along... though I am not sure if this was due to the brighter day light.. etc etc..

What ever... shedding does seem to be a curse now and again...

I think mine lasted for about 2 months... all seems ok now... I HOPE !!

and NW5a.... yep... stress is hairs No.1 enemy !!

Tim