• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Second hair transplant. From nightmare to hope

M

MrSpoon

This is my story, while I will try to be fair and give an unbiased assessment, the first procedure, however, gave me such anxiety that I wished I had never had it done.

The company I first got in contact with was called London hair and cosmetic clinic.
A Dr nazir Sadri. He is a pleasant man who has kept in touch.

What started as me needing a small amount of hair placed turned into a nightmare where I have had to have a second procedure to correct the mistakes made.
I had no Norwood 1 possibly 2 at a push. Originally we spoke and I was assured with a little number of grafts I could get the results I wanted which were to have the receded hairline filled in. I lived a distance away from London so had to have a consultation via Skype. First mistake. We arranged for my procedure at a price of 3000 for 2000 grafts. Which was much lower then places nearer to me.
Once there I made my second mistake after my hairline had been drawn I asked why they wanted t lower my hairline given I had a strong hairline, I was assured it would be for the best results possible.
I trusted his opinion given he is the expert and I am always quite nervous about making decisions. One thing that alarmed me was the lack of staff, one nurse and the Dr did the whole operation. The Dr extracted and made the incisions. The nurse implanted for a total of 9 hours.
As soon as it had finished I noticed the hairline was perfectly straight, given he is used to dealing with Arab people
I have had to assume their hairline is slightly different. I said so and was again assured it will look brilliant. I then had to get a train back to my home which took 7 hours, a very bad mistake. After 7 days it became very apparent that the spacing between grafts was huge. In fact, I had two hairlines my natural one, and a straight line of hairs about 1 inch lower with very few hairs in-between. I won't bore you with details but after a year I still had two separate hairlines which I had to do it best to cover up. On a windy day, my hair would separate and it was ridiculous how it looked. I have contacted the Dr several times and until now have been offered for them to do a second operation. I now live in China and told them even if I still lived in England and it was free I would never trust them to fix it.

2 yrs have passed and I have just had a second transplant using a patented microneedle fue. I am much more hopeful this time.
I'm receiving aftercare, and comfort never given in England. The company I choose is called barley hair transplant
My new procedure cost 1500 pounds for 2715 grafts.
Also, no graft number was ever given in England. I enclose some pictures to try to show the difference in work .these are the before the operation and I'm now on day 4 after. I only took a few pictures of my hair after the first yr, as I was so embarrassed I feared if someone looked through my phone. That was another mistake. I cannot stress enough that price means nothing, confidence in your Dr does. I wish everyone the best of luck with their hair. P.s the pictures before my second are hard to see but there is obvious saving between the grafts. They were also angled very strangely. Sticking up to a point where my hair was raised an inch off my head.

IMG_20200821_144307_1.jpg

IMG_20200816_150345.jpg

IMG_20200816_150354.jpg

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hey dude sorry to hear you had a bad first experience....you said your second clinic is called Barley? Heard of Harley but never Barley. I hope this time it lives upto your expectations and you get some hair resolution.

M

MrSpoon

This is is china, Shenzhen. I refuse to have it done In Europe or England ever again.

M

MrSpoon

It was sent before I had finished.
Barely is in China Shenzhen. I thank you for your kind words.
I won't be getting anything else ever some in Europe or England. The markets are saturated with too many sales men. I choose this company after a lot f research. I tried to play a few off against each other , many came back desperate, constantly texting, barely simply said, ok wish you luck. They also have you sign a contract, if anything less than a complete satisfaction they will refund or do a follow up for free.
Really take care of you pre and post op

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mr Spoon. Sorry to hear your first hair transplant did not turn out as you expected. 9 hours is a long time for one person to be planting grafts, it is back breaking work.
Every country has clinics with varying skill levels, some poor, some average and others that are very good.
It`s good to hear you`ve been able to have another surgery to rectify the first.
I hope everything turns out well for you. It would be great if you could update this post with progressive pictures.
All the best.
Bm.

M

MrSpoon

day 7. scabbing over now, the long wait is starting and all the usual worriew, enough grafts , spacing, donar area too thin . will try relax and not think about it too much. be safe .

IMG_20200822_020708.jpg

IMG_20200822_020836.jpg

M

MrSpoon

day 8. first wash of the grafts. not much pain just a slight tingle in the donar area when sleeping. feeling more confident this time. this stage after my first transplant, the hairs were pointing directly up, which even after two years , the hair still stood an inch away from my head. fingers crossed .

IMG_20200826_041625_1.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks to be healing well at day 8.
I do see multi grafts in your hairline which I presume are from your first surgery. If I were you I would ask your doctor about having these punched out and placed further back.

M

MrSpoon

Yes unfortunately the first time, I had one of these doctors who decided it's best to use multi grafts on the hairline. He made such a mess of my hair, I did consider asking for then to be removed. It will be something I consider in the future also, thanks.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did your present doctor not advise to have them removed while getting your surgery? It would have been ideal to punch the more prominent ones out.

S

Sammmuel

Mr. Spoon, sorry about your experience.
Please keep us posted and hope you will get much better results now.

M

MrSpoon

Day 17. No more pain in either area almost regained full sensation to the recipient area. Which is amazing as last time it took almost 8 months. Noticed one of two has maybe started to shed.
No drama tho. Now just need to wait

IMG_20200903_004408_1.jpg

E

Emvee

Valued member
£1500?
Im saving my ass off thinking i need to save about 10k with a similair hairline.

M

MrSpoon

Yea in China it's much cheaper. I actually went with the most expensive company with the highest reviews and apparent professionalism.
They really have taken care of me, I go in every week to check progress, receive light treatment on my donar area, as well as all washing etc. This will continue for another 6 months. The only other expense is for moxi tablets which are obviously optional. They cost 15 pounds total.
£1500?
Im saving my ass off thinking i need to save about 10k with asimilarr hairline.

M

MrSpoon

I'm not sure if you can speak Chinese? But they have many centres around China. I live in Shenzhen, south China. One of their main centers is located 10 minutes taxi away from me so it's was all very convenient. ( taxi here cost about 1 pound for a ten min ride ) if you require contact details I can provide them. So far it has been worth every penny, and maybe even cheaper than just doing it in England. They have a Facebook page. Barely micro needle hair transplant.

E

Emvee

Valued member
I see, no I dont speak chinese, I think in the uk i would be looking towards 10k.

M

MrSpoon

You can get a flight to China for around 800 return. Surgery 1500, hotel around 300 for two weeks. Food and drink maybe 5 pounds a day. Would be worthwhile looking into it. Whatever your choice is I wish you the best of luck.

If you ever feel tempted I can help when you come here.

F

Forelock

Most grafts, if not all of them should have been shed by now reverting you back to your pre surgery appearance. Has your transplanted healed ok?