• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Second hair transplant. From nightmare to hope

M

MrSpoon

A lot have shed but some have remained. Same as last time I kept some all the way through. Healing has been good. On the ugly duckling stage so wearing hair a little longer, usual stuff. Thank you for asking
Most grafts, if not all of them should have been shed by now reverting you back to your pre surgery appearance. Has your transplanted healed ok?

F

Forelock

What percentage of grafts have continued to grow without shedding?

M

MrSpoon

Maybe 50%. It's hard to gauge the amount. It happened last time also half stayed the other half fell out. It has added to th existing density but it still isn't at stage I can show it.
My implanted hairs from first surgery are slow to grow also so it's a had balancing act

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
That's very cheap, is the doctor well known and does he have lots of experience?

M

MrSpoon

They are the biggest in China. And have highest price and reputation. I was actually quoted cheaper elsewhere but, that became a annoying due to their practise of phone me every week and ask if I'm ready to go with them yet. The company I went with just left me alone to decide in my own time.
They also have a guarantee that if you believe 94% or lower of the grafts don't stay they will give you another for free or refund your money. It goes by density etc. The Dr has also been doing this for over 6 years and does surgery most days due to the extremely high demand now in china.
When I had my surgery there was around 7 people in the room. Dr and 6 technicians. At no point did the Dr leave. He did all the extracting and implanting the technicians helped minimally. They use a implanting pen which is loaded by the technicians the Dr places them. So it's all extremely quick

F

Forelock

Maybe 50%. It's hard to gauge the amount. It happened last time also half stayed the other half fell out. It has added to th existing density but it still isn't at stage I can show it.
My implanted hairs from first surgery are slow to grow also so it's a had balancing act

You're one of the lucky few. Good for you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There have been a few documented cases where patients have not shed the transplanted grafts and they continued in their normal growth cycles. You are amongst the lucky ones.

M

MrSpoon

Just hit the two-month stage. Can't wait for things to speed up and see some more results.

IMG_20201020_012344.jpg

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thanks for sharing your experience with us and sorry to here about your 1st Surgery not been good . I wish you great growth and recovery with your second surgery you had in China its not all about the money but the surgeon who is doing the work and their reputation,

M

MrSpoon

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and sorry to here about your 1st Surgery not been good . I wish you great growth and recovery with your second surgery you had in China it's not all about the money but the surgeon who is doing the work and their reputation,
I agree, the first time I went by price alone. Huge mistake and something I can never undo. The second time I went with their reputation and their approach. I have fingers crossed that it will be resolved soon

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Price should never be important unless you believe the clinics are equal.
Keep us updated on your progress as you are an interesting case with your grafts continuing to grow.

M

MrSpoon

Coming up 3 months since the surgery. Grafts have stopped falling out now, so it's hopefully time to see some steady growth. What you see in the picture is the remaining grafts that have stayed.

IMG_20201115_223048.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`ve retained a lot of the transplanted grafts. Looking at this update you`d never think you had any hair loss issues.
Thanks for the update.

M

MrSpoon

You`ve retained a lot of the transplanted grafts. Looking at this update you`d never think you had any hair loss issues.
Thanks for the update.
Thanks. Still have 9 months to go. I can finally leave my hair alone now, without having to spend ten mins each morning trying to cover my bald areas. It's nice not having to use hairspray each and everydayy. After the first transplant, I had huge areas with no hair so would have to strategically maneuver my hair to cover it up

M

MrSpoon

I'll send a picture later, I think there is starting to be a little growth. I'm hoping once this is done I can relax but I still don't feel completely happy with the shape of My hairline which the first doctor did. I may ask that it is placed higher up. I do not want another operation but to Want to be satisfied and feel confident with my hair situation

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear everything is growing well. I`ll look forward to your next pictures.

M

MrSpoon

This is the most recent pictures taken today. Two with wet hair two with dry hair. There is still a lot of growth to go I hope. Add density near my natural hair line.

IMG_20201207_234913.jpg

IMG_20201207_234943.jpg

IMG_20201207_235201.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`d think this was your final result with your hair being so dense. Lucky man you are.