• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Second hair transplant. From nightmare to hope

M

MrSpoon

4.5 months post hair transplant

IMG_20201231_025453.jpg

M

MrSpoon

This is around 4.5 months after the surgery date. I tried to get directly under the light to show it under extremes.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hi mate
What do u think about it
My opinion it looks like u have twos and maybe threes hair grafts at the front,should be single hairs
It looks kind of pluggy??
It looks quite coarse

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
He said the multi grafts were from his previous surgery dude I think....does look very dense though and he has super growth at this stage.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Oh soz
Just caught the last bit of his post.
Hope it grows well then

M

MrSpoon

The hairline is from the first surgery which I am unhappy with and will look at how to correct in next year. The Dr who did my first one cocked it up and it's way too low and dense. I basically had two hair lines. And an inch in-between which was almost bald. I feel much better now then I did. I still wish to have the hairline altered though once I have the time to do so.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any chance you can add a picture with your hair lifted up to show how your hairline looks?

M

MrSpoon

I do shave my hairline and pluck to try thin it out and also raise it up a little. I haven't done it for a little while so it's not very neat at the moment.

IMG_20210101_153455.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That doesn’t look bad. Maybe get any remaining multi grafts punched out if you can and then planted elsewhere.

M

MrSpoon

I'm undecided if should get done now or wait and see if any balding happens anywhere else, tho I haven't lost any hair in many years now.
I have other medical needs so they will come first.
It's just a little low for me as it doesn't follow my natural line. So if I choose to say have a side starting I have to make it very low to follow the hairline the first doctor did.
I'm much happier now I don't have bald areas and two hairlines. It seems I have been lucky with the speed of my hair growth so I can't complain about that side

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You have plenty of time until you reach 12 months. Then you can decide what your next move will be but right now you're not in a bad position.

M

MrSpoon

I'm worried only that if I move it I will having scarring. The first Dr did such a poor job I have scars when he implanted

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have a look at this repair and maybe ask the patient if he has some close ups of the hairline extraction sites.
Hairline repair