• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Shapiro Medical Group - Dr. Ron Shapiro

Loki

Loki

Valued member
Welcome everybody... Today is day 15... Has gone by really fast but also much harder than before... For some reason I am struggling with the ugly duckling phase... I can wear a hat to work so that's no big deal but the anxiety and paranoia is very high this time.... I feel I have done everything post op to perfection yet I still worry
frown.gif
... This was the first procedure they had to cut existing hair so I think 20 years of mastering a comb over it's hard not having that option... I am sure it was awful anyway...

This forum lead me to Dr. Ron... This forum armed me with what to do at MSP when they asked me to remove my hat... I appreciate everybody being so open and candid with advice and your stories... You have no idea how many people view this, over and over and over....

I had just over 3200 grafts via strip on Feb-3 of 2015... The experience in the clinic was nothing like my previous 2 procedures... The honesty from the doctor (clipping my existing hairs), short term loss for a long term gain... The staff triple checking their work... The detail of Dr. Ron and his team was amazing... Does anybody have any tips to get through this phase? I guess as I age it seems all things are a little more challenging... Getting back in the gym will help... I am starting that tomorrow.... Does Toppix help with the short term illusion or maybe some Xanax
smile.gif
?

I will see if Janna can remove my ugly face from pics and she is free to post what ever she likes from my trip to SMG....

Loki

Loki

Valued member
Thank you! Janna has the preop and postop pics and will post... Look forward to feedback.. Thanks again....

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Loki,

Here is your graft breakdown and I've either cropped or blocked out your face for posting. Thanks for your write up and we look forward for following your progress. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding post op phases. Heal well.

1 hair grafts: 944
2 hair grafts: 1785
3 hair grafts: 526
4 hair grafts: 13

Slide8.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide12.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

C

Crudance2006

Hey Loki. Wishing you a great outcome with this third procedure. It is understandable to be anxious after suffering the letdown of the first two. You have chosen a very good clinic this time ( I went to SMG ) Your experience mirrors my own. The gym should help you to de-stress to some degree.
Best of luck.

Loki

Loki

Valued member
First work out today was nice... I went super easy... I'm trying to manage this process to perfection and I think I am over doing it... But I bet most do... Hair.... It's a big deal!!!Thanks and I'm glad you had a positive outcome... I will look into your journey as well...

Westcoaster

Westcoaster

Pictures look great. Those 3000 grafts will make a nice change to your facial appearance. You can conceal the work with your uncut hair which is a plus.

Loki

Loki

Valued member
Luckily at work I can wear a hat. I really just have to get ready to conceal the cut part for Easter but the previous hairs should be large enough to put a little toppik on and comb back the front. I think I should be good by then. Thanks, I can't wait to see the hairline outcome.

Loki

Loki

Valued member
wagner wrote:
All the best to you Loki. It looks very good.
Thank you Wagner... The entire process this time was so much different in a positive way... but of course the most important part will be when the growth starts...
Post op day 16 and continue to go through the same ritual... Hat all day at work and as soon as I get home wife inspects the scar and recipient area.. Shedding in the recipient and my wife can not believe how my scar is healing... Since this is my 3rd time she has seen the work of 3 clinics and she does not think this one will be detectable... It's already losing it's color as well... I'll get a picture tonight...

W

wagner

Valued member
That's good news the scar is healing well and your overall experience was a positive one. Third time lucky with this one.

Loki

Loki

Valued member
wagner wrote:
That's good news the scar is healing well and your overall experience was a positive one. Third time lucky with this one.

Thanks man!!! Just looking at your 6 month update... Great and so much more to come!!! Thanks for posting!

W

wagner

Valued member
Thanks Loki. I`m seeing lots of new growth now, I`m very happy. It`s great to be supportive and encourage each other as we wait for the results to transpire.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend
Thanks for posting your experience with SMG work looks great and if we go by SMG results this is going to be fantastic 3200 grafts very nice, will be watching out for your updates , as for myself I set myself some targets with the gym and basically been a lot more positive which in turn opened other areas of my life , wishing you a great journey with great growth
Take care I care
Dazz

Loki

Loki

Valued member
Dazzster,

Thanks for your support... The results on the SMG website and across all the forums is what impressed me the most... They seem to care and are very transparent... 2nd day in the gym and today is the first day to wear my fitted hat that I love instead of my loose hat I have been wearing that felt like it was going to fall off my head :)... Taking it easy in the gym but it still feels great...

Thanks for you support, it is much appreciated....

Loki

Loki

Valued member
My wife could barely detect the scar last night, the pics didn't show anything... She said the color is fading too... It's soft pink.. I am going to take some post shower tonight.... I've been married to my wife for 18 years and this is her 3rd time to go through this with me and she says the scar line isn't even comparable... And my last scar was not bad... Janna said I could pull off a 2 guard.... I think my hair is pretty dense (in safe zone) so I think that helps too...

Recipient obviously way to early but lot's of grafts in the hairline are growing... I am sure they will shed but still reassuring...

This is day 17....

C

Crudance2006

Sounds like you are healing well. Great news your scar is so good.

Loki

Loki

Valued member
Here is a pic of my scar, pic under very bright lighting and hair pulled back. The dark hairs growing back around it make it hard to see color but it is a light pink and very thin. Getting some sensation back above it now. This is day 19. Wife says the new guys are shedding on top ....😔 .... But hopefully the sooner they fall the sooner they have a chance to grow back maybe ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 790
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Loki, thanks for sharing your story on the forum. Its good to hear you had a great experience. The amount of grafts should produce a nice result for you. Your donor closure looks very good, if it stays like that you`re going to have a pencil thin scar.

All the best.

Bm.