• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

SMG IN LONDON - MARCH '09

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yup £3.50 for a Pasty was rather steep,i usually pay 90p ;;D

It was a little larger than normal but not worth that much.

No wonder they never had a price list up.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Out of curiosity what was the bar bill??:T:

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Just be glad that no Canadians showed up. What is up with Canucks, Brits, and Ozzies with beer? Something about that commonwealth thing--we ditched the queen but still love our beer. Got to admit that I don't drink nearly like I did as a youngster--the liver appreciates it much, but on occasion we get together after hockey and the old habits are hard to break.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The British Empire left the rest of the world with some good habits.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I dunno re booze - the Scottish parliament is debating bringing in pricing by unit of alcohol - the SNP can't want a second term in government. Are these people insane - they say it's because 'some' people have a problem with booze - which in the UK politician mind means 'punish everyone'. Be aware folks that the do-gooders in England will be rubbing their hands in joy at this if it passes. Then they will be on to what you eat next ... "We don't think you should eat a kebab as we don't like them... have a carrot instead - it's good for you!"

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Anyway - after my rant - which I'm doing more and more these days as I get older. If the new legislation goes through I'll be moving on to Bolivian marching powder as I hear it's down to an all time low - cheaper than a cup of coffee. So silver clouds and all that... :T:

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Baldspot..

Dont worry about the Bolivian Powder... I have a feeling soon it will be available over the counter.... that way Mr Brown can put a massive tax on it.....

As for the price of booze being based on alcohol units... probably not far from it. This nanny state we live in is getting crazy.... It would be best to educate people rather than impose limits that are only controlled by cost !!

I was told (unsure if its true) that they are now looking at limiting the size that a chocolate bar can be.... to help combat obesity !!

Its like smoking... I agree people should know the dangers etc etc.... but we all have a freedom of choice....as long as it does not effect other people....

BUT...

What you have to remember is that all those Civil Servants that are employed to work out how and what to do next about cigarettes will soon need another "bad thing" to justify their existence.... next will be booze, then junk food.... what next ?

Just wondering where it will stop....

Tim

PS... Grumpy old man signing off !!

Last edited:
Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Ahhhh (warm glow) a man after my own heart timuk.

What's wrong in just giving people advice and allowing them to choose? Why do certain saintly people insist on 'saving' others whether they want to be saved or not? I value my freedom of choice more than my freedom of life. I loathe being told by these self-serving political half-wits what I should do - the same people ripping us off with expenses and following any fad that allows them to screw more money out of their underlings - that's you and me...
Oh the blood pressure's soaring but it felt good to get that out :)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Bigmac wrote:
Out of curiosity what was the bar bill??:T:

Well, having the meeting at a hotel pub probably wasn't the wisest choice financially, but for convenience wise we didn't have much choice with people stopping by at different times. The hotel was lovely, spacious and very accommodating so the bar tab was very much worth it.

Truthfully, I would have expected much higher bill considering the reputation of the Brits.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Blast !!!!!!! If only I had taken the train instead of driving !! I would have added a few pints if Lager Shandy to that tab !! But on the other hand.... If I had a procedure with SMG... could I have a small discount for not being greedy with the drinks :)

PS..

When do you lot get back to the USA...?

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
LOL, yea too bad you didnt take the train. You could have also joined us sooner too - oh well, teach you about communicating - as I did send you my number ... numb skull.

I got back Saturday afternoon and Dr. Ron on Sunday. We didn't schedule surgery yesterday so it was nice to recoup an extra day.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
To any of the guys i chatted with in London,it would be great to hear/see your HT journeys on here as there were some very interesting ones.

Thanks bm.