• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Spots after HT??

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’m 6 weeks in after my HT and I’m noticing I’m get the odd spot or 2 on my head every now and then. Is this normal??

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
For our patients I wrote a post op "Hints & Tips" that covers most eventualities that I have seen from experience in the past 14 years and I think it has been very helpful for patients to read after surgery. So, maybe your clinic could do similar as a productive feedback to them, but yes, it is often trapped hairs that then cause spots to come so nothing to worry about unless many of them, and if so anti-biotics may then be prescribed, but for the odd few then not needed. You can apply a warm compress to them or even burst with a sterile needle or gently rub with cotton wool and an alcohol solution to free the hair and the spots will subside.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Thank you for the help. Yep it was only 2 spots I’ve had so far and have subsequently healed since I posted this thread. It’s good to know that it can be normal though and nothing to worry about

Reactions: sl
J

Jamie

I've had one thats healed already and one more appear today. Looks like it's pretty common. Great advice, as always on here.

Reactions: sl
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Has everything cleared up now? From time to time you may get spots caused by ingrown hairs.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Yep it’s all good now, and I’m seeing some good progress now

G

GarethP

Yeah I've still got quite a few and I'm over three months in now. Have always had problems with spots though.

Am trying to control it by using saline solution to keep the head cool.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Yeah I've still got quite a few and I'm over three months in now. Have always had problems with spots though.

Am trying to control it by using saline solution to keep the head cool.
I got quite a lot of spots for quite a while after my HT I put it down to pores being open when I was styling my hair with products. I’m 6 months post HT this Saturday and I haven’t had a spot for about 2 months now. Have you contacted the clinic that did your HT? I did with mine and sent them photos that they requested and they always reassured me that they were nothing to worry about.