• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Surgery booked AEK, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz January 21st 2020

N

Newcastleblogger

A little update folks, moving on from the ugly duckling phase hair starting to grow a little earlier than expected, I remember Dr Karanediz saying they will remove between 10 and 15% of my donor area for the transplant but the donor looks pretty much the same as before it still has density, thickness. I'm very pleased so far people are noticing the difference I was even told by a friend that I look younger! Will wait patiently for the crown part see what happens in that area. Pics from iphone

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    330.2 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1705.JPG
    IMG_1705.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    311.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    430.5 KB · Views: 201
N

Newcastleblogger

Apologies as I'm not good with social media I had someone set this blog up for me and the operation date was entered incorrectly, my operation date was Tuesday January 21st 2020 and not February 21st 2020 I can't seem to be able to edit anything once its posted on the forum?

Below these pics are from the beginning of May 2020, I have also posted some recent photos as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7772.JPG
    IMG_7772.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_7769.JPG
    IMG_7769.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_7773.JPG
    IMG_7773.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_7770.JPG
    IMG_7770.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 217
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The early growth and new hairline that is appearing are starting to frame your face which makes you look better and younger. Once your hair grows a bit longer it will cover the area on the sides of your head. Crowns are usually slower to grow in and lag behind a bit. If you go for your second procedure I believe you will benefit from having more grafts placed in any thin areas. Your donor does look in good condition still.
I`ll change the surgery date to the correct one.
Thanks for the update.
Bm.

T

Todd

Looks to be good growth so far but there is the gap between your lateral humps and transplanted hair on top which I think you will need filling. Other than that, you're overall appearance is changing in a positive direction.

N

Newcastleblogger

AEK hair clinic, first mile stone achieved six months since operation, pictures attached.

Attachments

• DSC05425.JPG
    DSC05425.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC05421.JPG
    DSC05421.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC05419.JPG
    DSC05419.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC05426.JPG
    DSC05426.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 197
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Having a fringe makes a nice change to your appearance. It makes you look younger.
If you decide on another surgery I would go for a little more in the front and add hair in the lateral hump areas to give an overall illusion of a full head of hair.

Reactions: sl
N

Newcastleblogger

Thank you for the reply, I'm pleased so far with the results. I will be looking at going back to AEK in Jan 2021 if things are ok with travelling, the next time I am going for his technicians only package I hope they are a good choice.

N

Newcastleblogger

December update its been a while since my last post I will be at one year on 21st Jan time has flown by, I have been in touch with AEK clinic recently but had to put my plans on hold for next year, as was looking at either Feb or March for a second transplant but no chance at the moment due to the outbreak. Dr K and his team are real genuine kind people I lost my father in Oct this year due to Covid, I have Dr K as a friend on my face book page and he sent me a kind message regarding the loss of my father, a real genuine kind man and great team of people at AEK Istanbul.

Attachments

• DSC05497.JPG
    DSC05497.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC05503.JPG
    DSC05503.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC05501.JPG
    DSC05501.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC05504.JPG
    DSC05504.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC05500.JPG
    DSC05500.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC05499.JPG
    DSC05499.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC05507.JPG
    DSC05507.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC05498.JPG
    DSC05498.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 128
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Newcastleblogger.
Sorry to hear you lost your father to Covid, please accept my condolences. It was a very nice gesture made by Dr K.
You had a large area to cover with this first surgery. The growth has been good and created a hairline that frames your face.
Looking back at your pre op, immediate post op and now, it has made a nice difference to your appearance and making you look younger which is always a good thing.
I`ve added comparison pictures to this post.
Hopefully, you are able to schedule your 2nd hair transplant without too many issues. You could possibly use some beard grafts to add some density further back on your head.

AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz2.jpg
AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz9.JPG
AEK Clinic Turkey.JPG

N

Newcastleblogger

Hi Big Mac, thank you for the kind words and review of my post, beard implants I don't know much about this procedure any info on the forum on this topic sounds interesting. Kind regards John

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John.
If you search bht - beard grafts or body hair you should find some topics on it.
It can be used a valuable resource to add density anywhere behind the hairline.
Ask Dr K about it as I’m sure he does it.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You look much better with the fuller hairline, it was non existent before....On your second pass i would add grafts to the temples and lateral humps to add density to those thin areas creating the illusion of a full head of hair....Then add some density to the hairline if it`s needed and fill in behind....Like bm says, beard grafts are great for this and looking on Dr K`s website he can do beard.

This rough outline shows what i mean about the temples and adding density.

Attachments

• AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz_LI.jpg
    AEK Clinic, Dr Ali Emre Karadeniz_LI.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 126