• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Synthetic - 2103 FUT Repair, Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Synthetic [username as known on forums] came to us after have two previous surgeries and 17 years of wearing synthetic fibres.

First surgery was 2002 whereby he had a 1000 strip with another doctor giving him a frontal hairline but nothing else.

He then proceeded to have a 300 FUE surgery the same year elsewhere which resulted in little to no growth and left evident scarring in the donor area.

The years of synthetic fibre wearing took its toll on his scalp resulting in widespread scarring, pitting, inflammation of the scalp as evidenced in the pictures.

The aim of this surgery was to use the limited donor area available to give coverage from the hairline going back into the frontal third. The original scar would be englobed within this strip surgery rather than creating a secondary scar.

Due to the condition of the scalp in the recipient along with the goals of the patient, coverage rather than density was the main objective here, spreading the grafts to give them the best chance of survival in the scarred recipient area.

This case is really a significant repair job, the lack of donor, scarring in both donor and recipient area, and therefore was a challenging case to perform taking into consideration all of the constraints present.

Here the photographs show the pre-operational design and immediately post operation, clearly showing the placement and resultant trichophytic closure.

Many thanks to Synthetic for allowing this case to be posted, we hope that it will be both educational and inspiring to others.

Pre- Op

tn_IMG_8824.jpg

tn_IMG_8825.jpg

tn_IMG_8831.jpg

tn_IMG_8834.jpg

tn_IMG_8838.jpg

tn_IMG_8839.jpg

Immediately Post Op

tn_IMG_8857.jpg

tn_IMG_8861.jpg

tn_IMG_8862.jpg

tn_IMG_8863.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Stephen for posting this case,imo synthetic hair transplanted to the scalp is a no go.

I`m glad he has finally got rid of the false hair as it looked to be inflaming his scalp and maybe causing other unforseen problems.

Anyway,the work Dr Bisanga has performed looks very good and should go a long way to giving him a natural look.Hopefully Synthetic will post his thoughts on this thread and tell us about his BHR experience.

ps,do you have the graft breakdown for this case so we can see what the doc was able to harvest from his depleted donor.

Thanks bm.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hair per graft breakdown as follows:-

1 161

2 862

3 821

4 259

Less singles used than usual as the hairline was already established in this case.

Last edited:
S

synthetic

Valued member
Hi to all i just want to say a big thank you to every one at BHR for there support and proffesional way that my transplant was carried out. From start to finish with stephen patient co ordinator , Dr Bisanga both giving me good honest advice right through to the clinical staff on treatment day all top notch a very caring bunch of people.
allready in day four my scalp is looking much better this is due to the way that the grafts have been placed very neat and tidy unlike the flaky battle ground you see in the pictures. I am due to have my stitches removed in 6 days , Dr Bisanga has closed my strip very neatly i am sure i will have minimal scarring as possible with this type of closure.
Once again thanks to all at BHR you are a top notch clinic

regards

synthetic

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Synthetic.

Welcome to the forum.

I`m pleased yopu are happy with your BHR experience,your donor closure does look very neat,nice work.

S

synthetic

Valued member
thanks , i am just glad that i made the right choice of clinic , been doing loads of research for the last year or so and bhr always have good patient feed back , they are a good team.

J

JJ09

Hi Synthetic

I'm sure there will be a significant improvement from this procedure, look forward to updates. The 300 FUE has really caused some damage to the donor area any chance of telling us who the doc was?

Last edited:
S

synthetic

Valued member
Thanks to all for your best wishes , Dr Gho did my 300 fue ,i stupidly chose to have some work done by him hoping top be the first in line for his so hyped hair multiplication procedure wich turned out to be complete false hope.
Stephen will be visiting me periodically i am sure he will update you all with photos of my progress.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
His scar didnt look too bad, neither did the hairline. How do you get the nasty synthetic hairs out of your head?

S

synthetic

Valued member
Hi Sparky they are pulled out with special tweezers , i still have a few in my scalp not always easy to see them as they are very short now , the problem with those fibres are that they break after a while with wear and tear combing them ect .