• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

the beginning

S

Snoop1990

Valued member
When did you start losing your hair ? I am nearly 19 and I already lost some hair on the forehead, you know it is just the beginning but this makes me fear if it goes on that way

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
19 is very young to be losing your hair.Have you noticed much or is it just a little.

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
I was only about 22 when I first noticed the front thinning. Didn't feel good at all....

If I could go back and do one thing different it would be to get on propecia straight away. Hair Transplants are not cheap, and you really don't want to be selecting a surgeon based on $$$, so the longer you can put it off and stabilise your finances, the better. It'll also give you more time to research, and the industry will only advance over time, so you might even end up with a better result.

Bit of a rant - but I know how impulsive you young guys can be (I'm 27 and finally growing up I think).

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

LOL is it just me, or does anyone else think that lost_youth's avatar looks EXACTLY like Will Farell?

snoop,

when I was 19 I had what, at the time, I called a "widows peak": slight recession on the corners, not yet in a 'v' shape. My hair loss has been, errr WAS, very slow. Im 29, will be thirty next month, but I've noticed over the past year my hair loss has increased rapidly. It was very slow throughout previous years though. When you say "...lost SOME hair on the forehead"...what exactly do you mean? Elaborate/and or pics?

PS don't freak out, there have been plenty of guys who begin noticing hair loss at a young age, and many who have gotten ht's at the age of 22. Some loss at this age (although it really sucks) doesn't neccesarily mean your going to be a NW7 or anything...more info would be nice though.

Keep your chin up bro.

Last edited:
lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
haha NG2GB - he does look a bit like Will Farell, but it's actually Shane Warne - a well known Australian cricketer, shill for Advanced Hair Studio (wig shop) and all-round tool.

http://www.advancedhairstudio.com/

The UK members here will have heard of him but the Americans probably not..........

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
We're not into Cricket here so I've never heard of him. By your description of him, I guess it's best not to know him. He makes for a funny avatar so he's good for something.

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
Also, one of our former prime ministers (Bob Hawke) is in the Guinness book of world records for drinking a yard glass of beer in 11 seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BobHawkeYardofale.jpg

..........I seem to be providing a somewhat polarised view of Australian society - we do things other than drinking beer....sometimes.

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
lost_youth wrote:
Cricket is great Janna - like watching the grass grow! :D

::}{:

I know what you mean about some professional athletes not being in the best of shape. Some of our major league baseball pitchers looke like they routinely enjoy Z:BZ:BZ:BZ:BZ:B before and after games. What a life!!

K

khair

I think 19 years old is a young age to start losing your hair but I have seen other individuals of that age begin to lose their hair in college.

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
I knew guys in high school who started thinning at the age of 17. Back then, you didn't even hear about Propecia. It's very likely they are completely bald by now.

K

khair

I saw a couple of kids in high school who were losing their hair. In college it was different. I saw a number of kids in some of my classes losing their hair.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Seem to remember first noticing mine going thin when I was about 22....

When I look back at photos I do not really think it noticed until I was nearly 30.... thats when I made the mistake of being butchered by a clinic in London...

My next mistake was taking Propecia about 6 years ago, but only for a couple of weeks... I told my girlfriend at the time who told me I was mad and did not have anything to worry about !!! at that time my hair was still thick enough to hide the old plugs.... so I stopped taking it and 5 years later was flying to the USA to get fixed !!

So, with hindsight my advice is

If you want to do something about your hairloss... get on the meds ASAP... and if you do go for an HT.. please, please, please.... go with a recommended surgeon with plenty of patients who are happy :)

Timbo

Last edited: