• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

The Shapiro Brothers

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
The Shapiro Brothers,

I was just curious to know if there are any significant differences between the Shapiro brothers in regards to their HT work. I mean you hear a lot about Dr Ron being world renowned in his field and being well-known for his hairline work, but I don €™t really hear a lot about Dr Paul. I was wondering if one prefers to do the larger sessions while the other prefers to do smaller cases, is one dabbling with the FUE while the other is not or do they work in synchronous, just wondering about things like that really.

Shang

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Shang,

I don't think I've ever come across a question about comparing the two doctors.

I guess I'd be good a person as any to address it. I've worked for Dr. Ron Shapiro for over 13 years and Dr. Paul about 6 years so I know Dr. Ron a fair bit better.

Here's the scoop on the Shapiro Brothers as I see it........ Dr. Ron started in the HT industry about 20 years ago and has done countless lectures, surgery demos, workshop participation, co wrote THE text book on Hair Transplantation, wrote numerous articles, and received the Golden Follicle Award in 2005. He's probably performed more ht surgeries on HT doctors than anyone. He truly loves what he does and when he started acquiring his reputation for being one of the best, he could have kept his skills to himself and charged a fortunate for his surgeries because his patients from far and wide would have paid any amount he demanded. Instead, he kept his fees reasonable and took every opportunity to teach and share his techniques/skills and knowledge because he wanted to help improve the HT field as a whole.

I believe he's been at the top for so many years because he genuinely cares about his patients. In order to give patients the best possible work, he continues to keep and open mind, learn, share ideas with other leaders in this industry and knows there's always room for improvement. His down to earth demeanor, sense of humor, compassion, not to mention his artistic and technical abilities have earned him respect and loyalty among his staff (except for me) and his patients. Man, I hope he doesn't read this.......or I'll be dealing with a Big Fat Head.

Dr. Paul is no longer a newbie doctor with 6 years under his belt. He, in his own right, is earning a great reputation. With arguably one of the best doctors in the world training and working with him, he had a slight advantage than most doctors. Last year, the ISHRS hand picked Dr. Paul's result out of all the doctors in the ISHRS to feature his patient in their promotional/commercial video. There's no limit to the type of ht session Dr. Paul is able to perform. When we get follow up patients stopping in for pictures, you can't tell which doctor performed the surgery. Being brothers, there's a slight competition between them and I think it only helps their performance - they keep each other at the top of their game.

The doctors each have their own patients and their own surgery rooms. They are both working to hone their FUE skills.

I feel very fortunate to work for both of them. Hey, they treat me like family and I've always felt appreciated so what more can you ask for? I think you got more than what you bargained for when you posted the question. Shang, Shang, you still there.......no? Didn't think so. Sorry for the long post.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Yeah still here zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Thanks janna shapiro for the informative post, thats the kind of answer I was looking for. Think the pay rise is in the bag. I concur that Dr Ron should not see this post, especially when he's in the clinic as you may not be able to get him and his head through the door :T:.

Shang

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Very informative write up Janna and a good read.

I`ve had work done by both doctors and i`m very happy.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Well, our evaluations/reviews are at the END of the year so I've already received my pay raise for the year. Too bad you didn't post the question couple months ago before the reviews cuz even if he did read the post now, it'll be long forgotten by end of the year.

I'm certainly not the first and only one to praise them anyway. The fact that they are able to stay humble says a lot about their characters. But to be safe, don't send them a copy of my post.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yeah nice write up j,
After having my procedure with Dr Ron and seeing many of Dr Pauls results over the last few years and meeting him and the SMG team in person i wouldnt hesitate to let EITHER doctor work on me. I witnessed in person just how ethical, professional and skilled the whole team are(with the exception of janna) and i personally believe BOTH doctors are at the very top of the ht profession :)

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
Well said Janna.

I often tell people that once you meet Ron, you feel like you have known him for years---(except when you mention the "website"--inside joke)

IMHO--Paul is really up against the block a bit unfairly when this question is asked---Ron is been doing it longer and is generally regarded as one of the top doctors in the entire world-- But Paul has been able to accelerate the learning curve like no other and is turning out amazing results himself.

Hair Transplantation doctors have to have the skill AND passion for their work--if it is lacking, the results will ultimately be lacking---- a 6 years of doing hair work, I believe Dr. Paul has the skill and passion to continue to turn out great results and take his place among the best in the industry.

Jason