• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Thinking of a Beard Transplant

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Keep us informed how you get on with the Minoxidil.
Smokey bacon raises a good point about possible future loss.

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
We have seen some good beard density transformations on patients who used Minoxidil.

B

Bald Beard

Good morning everyone. I purchased some Minoxidil from Amazon, been using it for nearly 3 weeks. Too early to report any change, only negative is it makes my face feel greasy.
Is it recommended to try it for 6 months solid before deciding if it is working or not?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bald Beard.
I do believe using it for 6 months is about right, with some luck you respond well to it. The foam may be a better option if you don`t like the greasy feeling, I assume it will work the same. Good luck with it.

B

Bald Beard

Hey everyone. It's been roughly 2 1/2 months now with no sign of improvement yet but still early days. I decided to stick with minoxidil for the duration of 6 months mainly because it's cost effective right now. I might switch to Regaine foam if I don't see it working at 6 months.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
I would certainly try and keep on minoxidil as the first option as from the photos posted and how your hair is laying I don't think you have the thickest donor around the ears etc so really need to check that out before you invest what may be precious scalp grafts elsewhere.. May just be angles and other factors but I have the hunch that it is not the thickest from experience of looking at countless patients' photos. Hope the medication helps.

Attachments

B

Bald Beard

Hey Sl. My hair has always been on the thinner side, its never been really thick. Sticking with the minoxidil is my plan until I know for sure it`s working or not. I see your point about using scalp hair, sacrificing one for the other could be something I come to regret.
Thanks for the advice.