• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Too long shampooing after hair transplant

W

Walkman

On my day 11 post I did the stupid mistake of doing too long hair wash aiming at removing all scabs (10 minutes water, 10 minutes shampoo massaging, 10 minutes water, 10 minutes shampoo massaging, 5 minutes water).

Two days after that long shampooing my scalp started flaking and itching and hair transplanted hairs started to shed.

I'm afraid the long time shampoo exposure dehydrated the skin and the implanted grafts.

Do you think that skin dehydration due to long shampooing could dehydrate new hair follicles on day 11th?

Had anyone have a similar experience?.
If anyone could give me some feedback I will highly appreciate. I can stop regretting how stupid I was with that mistake, specially taking into account that I have gone through this surgery already several times.

yidd0

yidd0

The grafts should be well in place by day 11, but that is quite an excessive hair wash , especially at such an early stage . Can I ask why ?

W

Walkman

I was focusing on removing all the remaining scabs and I did not think about the possible consequences of such long shampoo exposure.
I realised of my mistake the day after when I started to see my scalp flaking and itching.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your grafts are safe and secure. The shampoo will not affect them. The flaking may be just the dead tissue coming off.
What shampoo did you use?
Itching is what many patients experience post op , try to resist the urge to scratch.

W

Walkman

It was the shampoo provided by the Clinic
The flaking and itching are over, they lasted around two weeks.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything will be ok then. Who did you have your hair transplant with?

W

Walkman

For the time being I prefer not to display any info about Clinic/Dr.

Once my result is getting finished I will share more info aiming at helping “hairloss colleagues“.

I hope you are right and the good work done by Dr/Clinic will not be affected by my mistake in the post op.

Many thanks for the feedbacks.

If someone else could share any similar experience or opinion about this topic it would be highly appreciate.

Thanks!

M

melissajeffrey

I think, hair are more sensitive after transplantation.