• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

UK Hair Transplant Ideas (FUE)

L

LM_

Valued member
Hello, This question has most probably been asked 100's of times but cant find a straight up answer.

Basically ive been to a few clinics in London for a consultation but after reading reviews and looking at social media posts which i know most of them are fake im struggling to find a decent legit company.

I need my temples and possibly hairline brought forward slightly, Donor area is good apparently and shouldn't be a problem but not actually spoken to a doctor about it every time i go to a consultation it obvious i'm just speaking to a salesman who tells me what i want to hear.

Any recommendations ideally from people 12months after there op would be ideal.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Leem.
Could you add a little info about yourself such as age, any hair loss prevention regimen, and when you began to recede?
Some pictures and what these clinics would be helpful.
Look through the patient section further down the forum, there is plenty results to view.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi dude who have you consulted with already...would be good to know so we don't suggest consulting with the same clinic.

L

LM_

Valued member
Sorry I’m 25, not really receding as I’ve not had much hair in these areas but my hair is thin and apparently will lose hair at the top of my head but was advised on taking medication and prp to strengthen it.

I had a consultation with British hair clinic & Harley street - can’t mention which one for legal reasons as they refused a refund when I exposed them of the fake reviews (Wasn’t Harley street hair clinic)

Attachments

• 5A85608A-62F2-4472-B723-793AE922A84D.jpeg
    5A85608A-62F2-4472-B723-793AE922A84D.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 1BE3F0F4-15C8-4116-98E3-82AA58890D9F.jpeg
    1BE3F0F4-15C8-4116-98E3-82AA58890D9F.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 140
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, the internet is full of reviews that can’t be verified, usually 5 stars etc etc.
Finasteride is very effective in maintaining and preventing hair loss. It does have the possibility of side effects which should be looked into before deciding to use it. Minoxidil could be an option too. Oral minoxidil is becoming quite popular lately.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Hi @Leem
Welcome to the forum.
From your photos, you appear to have deep recession in your temples and your current hairline has lost some ground in terms of height.
Are you able to share photos of your donor and of the top of your head to better understand if you may have any thinning or decline a little deeper into native hair?

Regardless, at 25 and with the frontal pattern of loss that is visible, that will also likely extend into areas where you have retained native hair currently, hairline design and placement should be somewhat conservative considering any dropping of the hairline will mean working into more surface area that is currently essentially bare scalp and so density must be built from zero, which requires significant graft demands.
With that being said, long term planning is essential and medication would definitely be recommended to strengthen and stabilise as much as possible to retain native hair over the coming years that will only support the result of any potential hair transplant.

Keep doing your research and use this forum as a source to narrow down the best doctors that may interest you, and make contact with each of those clinics to understand their recommended approach, their advice regarding long term planning and to see which doctor feels like the right fit.

I wish you the best.

Philw

I recommend
Maitland clinic
Hair dr
Also u need to get a mature hairline design
Don't go too straight as u could be chasing ur hairloss if u thin behind transplants
So
Get on either fineseride or topical finesteride first before any hair transplant
Then when u have stabilized ur hairloss
Have a fue transplant in the areas u want making sure it's a mature hairline as it will suit u better as u get older
Remember don't rush into anything

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
There’s loads of fully documented patient stories posted on here. As soon as you can travel there is plenty of clinics a short plane or train ride away from the UK.

Clinic Expert

Clinic Expert

Hello @Leem
It is normal for some people at the age of 25 to show some hair issues and trouble with their front line. It can be related to a genetic problem or related to external factor such as stress or change of environment.
From what I can see from the picture you are at the stage 2 of Norwood scale going to the 3rd stage means the recessive area is your front line and the vertex area.
Depending on your donor area, I can't give you a full diagnosis regarding the number of grafts but I can introduce to you the DHI technique that can give you the look that you want.
DHI, Direct Hair Implantation is the newest technique in hair transplantation. With the Choi pen the grafts will be directly extracted from your donor area and implanted in the recessive area without creating incisions ( FUE technique). Meaning, No scaring or loosing grafts while recovery. The advantage of DHI is the ability for implant up to 200 grafts in 1 cm2 and the ability to control the direct of implanted follicles to give you the natural look specially when we talk about creation of new hair line. So later on after 6 months you won't face problem on how to keep your hair line looking natural and normal. The disadvantage of DHI is in the one session we only can implant up to 4000 grafts due the fact that the work is delicate and need precision.

I hope these information are useful and if you are looking for more detailed diagnosis specific to your condition, feel free to contact me.
Best of luck.

Philw

Hmmm
I've seen people who had the choi pen implanter method and it didn't look good
Dolls hair comes to mind
Also choi implanter method has been going on for years
I knew about it in 2008 and it was a guy called Mandelson or something trying to promote it in Greece
Nobody talks about it now, they usually just say DHI.
??????

Clinic Expert

Clinic Expert

Hmmm
I've seen people who had the choi pen implanter method and it didn't look good
Dolls hair comes to mind
Also choi implanter method has been going on for years
I knew about it in 2008 and it was a guy called Mandelson or something trying to promote it in Greece
Nobody talks about it now, they usually just say DHI.
??????
yes its been invented for quite few years but only few clinics that have the experience of doing it. For that matter, people don't really talk about and actually some of them promote DHI but during the operation they use the sapphire blade.
That's why I am explaining it cause practically we have over 95% successful operations with Choi pen over the 4 years.

Philw

Hi mate
Oh ok I understand
Hope all goes well with it
Always good to hear there are new methods all the time

Philw

Hi could u tell me the name of your doctor who performs that method of choi pen.
Be interesting to look into that
Thanks

Clinic Expert

Clinic Expert

Hi could u tell me the name of your doctor who performs that method of choi pen.
Be interesting to look into that
Thanks
Our Medical crew is composed of over 20 HT Elite doctors like Dr. Hüseyin Kaya and Dr. Mesut Tomo