• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Uneven growing??

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’ve been studying all my HT pictures since day one of my procedure and next Saturday I will be 7 months post HT. I have noticed my growth has been quite uneven with some parts growing faster and thicker than others. I’ve added some pictures and circled the part which from early on have been growing quick and thick and I’ve also circled the parts that have grown a lot slower and still thinner to this day when compared to the thicker areas. I know people mention that one side normally grows quicker than the other, I’m just wondering if everything looks normal and if what I’m experiencing in different growth rates is normal also.

Attachments

• DEA3F6CA-D602-4660-881F-35B22E2B7F04.jpeg
    DEA3F6CA-D602-4660-881F-35B22E2B7F04.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 863CDA2D-2DF9-4929-BB43-407A01487AF3.jpeg
    863CDA2D-2DF9-4929-BB43-407A01487AF3.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 178
  • 50C47247-EEAB-4771-B93F-955EA24B4F86.jpeg
    50C47247-EEAB-4771-B93F-955EA24B4F86.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 4735167C-59D0-4ABE-AEB5-1E188F4EE9B1.jpeg
    4735167C-59D0-4ABE-AEB5-1E188F4EE9B1.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 188
  • A541D082-302C-4CF6-B2F0-725CB3E12067.jpeg
    A541D082-302C-4CF6-B2F0-725CB3E12067.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Growth rates are still different at 7 months. Your grafts are adjusting and going through their various cycles. Some hairs may appear thinner or wiry before they eventually mature. Waiting a full 12 months before fully evaluating the result is the only way to tell if an area has had less growth.
Have you asked the doc what his thoughts are?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Growth rates are still different at 7 months. Your grafts are adjusting and going through their various cycles. Some hairs may appear thinner or wiry before they eventually mature. Waiting a full 12 months before fully evaluating the result is the only way to tell if an area has had less growth.
Have you asked the doc what his thoughts are?
Yes I’ve mentioned this to the Dr a few times and have been reassured that all will be fine by the 12 month period and it will even out. Im not to concerned at the moment as obviously if certain parts started growing before others then they will always be behind until all the hairs catch up with themselves. I just wanted to get other’s opinions aswell and to see if others have had this also.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Shockloss of native hair can play a part too. They can take months before returning to normal growth cycles.
When I had hairline and crown work at the same time, the crown grew in a lot slower but it was even growth.
It's good to hear the doc is in touch reassuring you.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
As far as the maturing goes, does the hair all mature at the same time eg 11 month mark or can it mature all at different times??

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
The maturation of the follicles will be relative to each hairs cycle. If one area is more advanced in terms of growth, this will mature earlier structurally, than other hairs that are still "playing catch up". Its not uncommon to have one area lagging behind. The important thing at this stage will be that you are seeing improvement from month to month. It may not be perfectly consistent, but if things are evolving then you are generally on the right path.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
The maturation of the follicles will be relative to each hairs cycle. If one area is more advanced in terms of growth, this will mature earlier structurally, than other hairs that are still "playing catch up". Its not uncommon to have one area lagging behind. The important thing at this stage will be that you are seeing improvement from month to month. It may not be perfectly consistent, but if things are evolving then you are generally on the right path.
Thank you for confirming this. From my pictures it looks to me as though improvement is happening what do you think??

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Your photos show evolution and overall improvement. I can't see the timeframe for each photo, but you appear to be heading in the right direction.
I would recommend taking good clear photos at 7 months, which I believe you said is this coming Saturday. If you have good photos at month 6, then put them side by side to appreciate any changes, and do so again at month 8.
It sounds very obvious, but you would be surprised how many patients do not appreciate the extent of their monthly evolution until you present it to them.
I look forward to your next photos.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Will do Raphael. My photos above going from left to right each time are
3 months - 3 months 1 week
4 months - 5 months
6 months

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
In this picture you can see a lot of the hairs are wiry and curly, are these the new hairs that will mature, thicken up and straighten?

Attachments

• D68C20CA-24B4-43AD-86D8-AB5A67A376A1.jpeg
    D68C20CA-24B4-43AD-86D8-AB5A67A376A1.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 154
Eugenix Hair Sciences

Eugenix Hair Sciences

Valued member
The new hair do sometimes seem wiry and coarse. But they should eventually thicken up and become better with time. Even their calibre shall get better. 7 months wouldn't be an ideal time to evaluate the growth.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
The new hair do sometimes seem wiry and coarse. But they should eventually thicken up and become better with time. Even their calibre shall get better. 7 months wouldn't be an ideal time to evaluate the growth.
Thank you for the reassurance. I’ve think I'm just overthinking and panicking that’s all. Glad that you have said 7 months is not time to evaluate growth I no I still have more growth to come.

Eugenix Hair Sciences

Eugenix Hair Sciences

Valued member
Thank you for the reassurance. I’ve think I'm just overthinking and panicking that’s all. Glad that you have said 7 months is not time to evaluate growth I no I still have more growth to come.
Yes. Sure. Lets hope for amazing growth in the coming months. The full results are seen by 12 months. Sometimes more density is seen even after the 12th month.