• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Vinci Hair clinic, Harley St, London

R

Rustyy117

Hi,

I thought I'd document my journey here as it may be of some help/entertainment for others and interesting for me to look back on in a years time.

I wanted to undergo a HT to improve my hair line that had receded and was quite high, I contacted Vinci hair clinic for a consultation after reading great google reviews, after the consultation they gave me their recommendation for treatment which included an FUE procedure, PRP therapy and a post op treatment kit for £3600 which I thought was reasonable, especially compared to other quotes I had received, the number of grafts wasn't mentioned in quote, I questioned this and was told that they don't put a number on this and keep going until they're happy.

IMG_20210408_145726.jpgIMG_20210408_145745.jpgIMG_20210408_145808.jpg

The day of the procedure.

I arrived at the clinic for 08:30, sat in the waiting area with two others who'd also be undergoing HTs that day, we filled out some paperwork and were soon off to have our blood pressure taken, photos and a chat with the surgeon to discuss the procedure and what I wanted from it. At this stage the surgeon drew on my head his recommendation for my new hairline which I was very pleased with. I also met one of the technicians who would be taking care of me.

I was told during my consultation that I would be able to keep my hair length and wouldn't have to shave, however the technician said it would be best to grade 1 all over, I didn't mind as I'm only interested in the end result.
First stage is extraction which I've got to say was unpleasant, the anaesthetic injections were quite painful but thankfully over quite quickly however during the extraction, in some areas, I felt way too much pain and had to ask them to inject more anaesthetic. At this stage I asked the technician how many grafts she was extracting and she said about 1500.
The extraction process took about 3 hours after which the technician asked if I'm having PRP therapy, I said Yes and she then told me we'd only have time for a 15 min lunch break. I sat down for my break but after about 5 minutes the surgeon asked me how much longer I would be, I quickly left the remains of my lunch and began stage two.

The implantation stage was preformed by the surgeon initially, followed by two technicians, this stage was less uncomfortable barring the initial anaesthetic injections. During this time the surgeon entered the room and sounded shocked, then asked for another 100 grafts to be taken , obviously quite a worrying sign but I'd rather they add more if needed than just leave it looking unfinished/patchy.
The PRP therapy took longer than it should of due to the technicians unable to extract blood from me, after many failed attempts they finally managed to get enough blood.
After the PRP therapy the surgeon gave me instructions on how best to treat my head along with a bottle of saline solution, vitamins, anti-biotics, paracetamol, healing oil, shampoo, foam and a neck/travel cushion.

A few things concerned me on the day, the technicians unable to get blood, they kept knocking the chair I was laying on with their legs and hitting the switches, causing the chair to move, the day was clearly quite rushed, very short break for an all day procedure, some staff even left before I was out the door, also that the technicians didn't seem to notice that I obviously needed more grafts (as the surgeon pointed out). Overall not a great experience.

IMG_20210602_164612.jpg

I am now 9 days post op and have to say there hasn't been much pain or discomfort, sleeping for the first couple of nights wasn't easy as I used to laying on my side but with the travel cushion it's not too bad. Swelling lasted for about 5 days which slightly affected my vision, nothing major and the swelling soon died down.

I'm concerned with the density of grafts, particularly on the right hand side (my right), generally the density doesn't look that good to me but there's also a couple of areas with no grafts at all, I have questioned this with Vinci hair clinic after the procedure who said that the surgeon wouldn't of placed grafts where there's already existing hair, however I didn't have hair in these areas as they could easily see from the pre op photos they took, plus there's no hair growing there now.
I did ask the surgeon about the density on the day and he said it was good so maybe I'm just being anxious/paranoid, would like more opinions though.

IMG_20210608_160352 (1).jpgIMG_20210608_160331 (1).jpg

Today I'm 9 days post op, my head is quite scabby and flaky, I was informed to wait until day 10 before having a gentle contact hair wash, can't wait! hopefully the dried blood comes off easily.

Thanks for reading and my apologise for the rubbish photos :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rusty. Sorry to hear your surgery did not go too smoothly. Do you happen to know the name of the doctor who was there?
The quality of your pictures isn`t good enough to see your concerns with less density. Have you asked the clinic to forward you the pictures they will have taken?
10 days is a long time to wait before washing your hair. Today will be 10 days for you, hopefully, it`s looking and feeling a lot better after this weash.

R

Rustyy117

Hi Bigmac,

I'll ask the clinic for the doctors name (he did tell me but I've forgotten) and will also ask for the photos they took.
The scabs and dried blood is starting to come off when I wash now so that's great.
Some more pics below, sorry about the quality, phone is old and I'm certainly no photographer.

thumbnail_20210613_121504.jpgthumbnail_20210613_121310.jpgthumbnail_20210613_121239.jpgthumbnail_20210613_130325.jpgthumbnail_20210613_130309.jpgthumbnail_20210613_130304.jpg

EDIT: When alot of the scabs come off they often have a hair attached, is that a failed graft or will the hair regrow?

D

djkillab

Valued member
Hi Rusty.
I've got mine booked in with them next week and am worried now! Was supposed to be this Friday but they've blamed covid and have rescheduled for next week.
I'd be interested to know which surgeon it was.
My hair line is similar to yours and I'm also getting the PRP so will be interesting to follow each others progress

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
EDIT: When alot of the scabs come off they often have a hair attached, is that a failed graft or will the hair regrow?

It’s not a problem if hairs are attached to the scabs when they begin to shed. It won’t affect the growth.

R

Rustyy117

The surgeon was Dr Petru Domocos (AKA Dr Peter).
Yes I'll be following your progress too @djkillab hope it all goes well for you! I would like to add that although my procedure day didn't go as smoothly as I would of liked (or expected),my complaints are quite minor, I'm still hopeful for a great result.
I'm now 17 days post op and all the scabs have gone, the redness is slowly dying down, haven't noticed much shedding yet.

As requested I've attached some photos the clinic took after the procedures.
hair1.jpghair2.jpghair3.jpg

D

djkillab

Valued member
I've got Dr Sebastian apparently.
All that matters is the end result I guess, so hopefully all goes well.
Mine is costing a grand more than yours but I'm having my crown done aswell. I'm expecting around 2000 grafts on the front and 500-1000 on the crown, but you're not the 1st person to have density concerns so we'll see if I get the numbers I expect!
Was it only 1 technician working on you at once? Do you have any current pics?
Thanks

D

djkillab

Valued member
Also, when they extracted the grafts, did they say how many singles and multiples there were?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The surgeon was Dr Petru Domocos (AKA Dr Peter).
Yes I'll be following your progress too @djkillab hope it all goes well for you! I would like to add that although my procedure day didn't go as smoothly as I would of liked (or expected),my complaints are quite minor, I'm still hopeful for a great result.
I'm now 17 days post op and all the scabs have gone, the redness is slowly dying down, haven't noticed much shedding yet.

As requested I've attached some photos the clinic took after the procedures.

I`ve not heard of him before. It looks as though he was or still is a GP who has turned his hand to hair transplants.

R

Rustyy117

I've got Dr Sebastian apparently.
All that matters is the end result I guess, so hopefully all goes well.
Mine is costing a grand more than yours but I'm having my crown done aswell. I'm expecting around 2000 grafts on the front and 500-1000 on the crown, but you're not the 1st person to have density concerns so we'll see if I get the numbers I expect!
Was it only 1 technician working on you at once? Do you have any current pics?
Thanks
Hope it all goes well for you today, keep us updated!
During the extraction phase, yes, only 1 tech, during the implantation phase there were 2 techs.
I've been trying to get some photos but my phone camera is awful, will try again tomorrow.
Also, when they extracted the grafts, did they say how many singles and multiples there were?
No, no idea on how many singles/multiples. I wish I had asked them to keep a record (perhaps they did, I don't know).
I`ve not heard of him before. It looks as though he was or still is a GP who has turned his hand to hair transplants.
Well that's not particularly reassuring.

Just a quick update, I've shed about 50% of the hairs that were remaining after the scabs had cleared which I think is to be expected, the long wait continues until month 4 or 5 when I may start to see regrowth.
Also started taking 1mg/daily of finasteride since Saturday.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Well that's not particularly reassuring.

Just a quick update, I've shed about 50% of the hairs that were remaining after the scabs had cleared which I think is to be expected, the long wait continues until month 4 or 5 when I may start to see regrowth.
Also started taking 1mg/daily of finasteride since Saturday.

Unfortubarely, there’s not much info on his HT credentials. He may be a very good HT doctor. Fingers crossed you get a good result.
Good luck with the Finasteride.

D

djkillab

Valued member
How's it going Rusty? I'm on day 4 and so far so good I think