• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Weight training post ht

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi

To go with my new hair, I plan to get a new body too, which will complete the transformation into irresistable hunk.

How long must I wait before hitting the weights?

Cheers BW.

Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

irresistible hunk eh" :)...I have the same game plan too, & I think it's a great way to get your attention off your head during the waiting game.

My post op instructions said I could begin lifting weights & strenuous activity 3 weeks post op; but every clinic has their own guidelines. I would just take it easy the first couple weeks you start lifting & don't do any lifts or moves that would put too much stress on it. If your like me & haven't lifted weights in a while, this shouldn't be a problem.

Good Luck.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Cheers

I am over 3 months post op and have been playing football (soccer as you guys call it) since 2 months post op. Just wondering about scar stretching

Cheers

Spex

Hi Beardy, hope you are well along with the little one.

At 3 months post op you are certainly in a position now to hit the gym - Build it up nice and steady but in term of running the risk of scar stretching due to training you are out the woods.

All the best and it will only be a matter of days now till the fruit of your labour starts to emerge. Grow well!:::C

Best Regards

Spex

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
beardywierdy wrote:
Hi

To go with my new hair, I plan to get a new body too, which will complete the transformation into irresistable hunk.

How long must I wait before hitting the weights?

Cheers BW.

Sounds like a good plan.

Just be careful lifting weights or doing exercises that put a strain on the back of your head/neck.

Imo using the machines is better than just free standing lifting a ber etc.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
After a strip ,I recommend heavy lifting after 3 months but patients have to be carefull during the first 6 months (because of stretch back probability).

After FIT/FUE, two weeks after you can lift heavy weighs.