• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1314 grafts FUE Long Hair with Dr Koray Erdogan

C.McWeather

C.McWeather

Good evening everyone,

I would like to share my experience about the surgery i had in 2016 in Asmed Istanbul, performed by Dr Koray Erdogan and his team. It is not my first operation with the clinic as i received about 1500 grafts in 2007 in the temple and front areas with good results. I am using Finasteride since 2001 with good results as well.

This operation was quite different from the first one as it was performed without shaving any part of the hair. The technique is called Long Hair FUE and its performed with some special punches allowing for long hair extraction.

The implantation plan included the densification of the frontal part and a slight redesign of the hairline and temple peaks.

This is some data of the surgery:

Transplanted area 30 cm2

367 single grafts
669 double grafts
253 triple grafts
10 multiple grafts

Hair per graft average 1.93

C.McWeather

C.McWeather

A%20-%20Before%20(1).jpg

B%20-%20Hairline%20(1).jpg

B%20-%20Hairline%20(2).jpg

V

Viking

Your hair looks amazing in the photo's. What kind of hairloss situation was you in prior to your two transplants at Asmed?

C.McWeather

C.McWeather

Thanks, before the operations i was a NW2 with a deep U shaped receding frontline, especially to the right side. I will try to find a picture.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi C. McWeather. Thanks for sharing your story with the forum. Your hair looks great. Your donor looks very good too.
To any readers, I`ve met him in person and his results look very natural.
You`ve been on Finasteride for a long time, nearly 20 years. Do you think it still works well for you? Some people claim it loses its effectiveness over time.

C.McWeather

C.McWeather

Hi C. McWeather. Thanks for sharing your story with the forum. Your hair looks great. Your donor looks very good too.
To any readers, I`ve met him in person and his results look very natural.
You`ve been on Finasteride for a long time, nearly 20 years. Do you think it still works well for you? Some people claim it loses its effectiveness over time.

Hello Bigmac and the other members, thanks to you for commenting and compliments! Yes i confirm i am celebrating 19 years of Finasteride this very month. I started Finasteride on July 2001, at the age of 19. Of course i remember very well the moment and the circumstances. I was losing so much hair, and fast, that i was taking for granted i was going to be completely hairless on the top of my head in a matter of months. Finasteride usage was a bit of an uncharted territory back then. But i was very determined and luckily i can now say i had ZERO side effects of any sort, while i believe i preserved over 95% of my original hair, compared to when i started. I am not to advertise any medication but honestly one can read every kind of opinion on the Internet these days, some may be not so reassuring, but according to my experience and researches i believe Finasteride is a safe and very performing drug, which improved my life so much. I hope this will be of help relaxing someone who's starting right now.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
19 years, that's longer than my 15 years of Finasteride use. I wish I`d known about it before I had my first hair transplant in the late 90s. Good to hear it has helped you maintain your hair with no side effects.

C.McWeather

C.McWeather

I will try posting an update with shorter and longer hair later on ;)

S

Sammmuel

What do you think about the hair transplant in Turkey? Quality? Service? If you had a chance, would you apply to the same place again?

C.McWeather

C.McWeather

Off course my experience is positive and i would recommend Asmed.