• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2000 FUE - Dr. Bisanga - My Experience

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
The most important aspect of a HT is the hairline. Your hairline is going to look incredible.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi everyone,

I am 2 months post op today.

The past month has brought the following:

- redness has continued to fade and is now only noticeable really under fluorescent type light
- the odd pimple around weeks 5 and 6 and what looks like one today on my right side
- not much more hair has been shed since the last update
- some transplanted hair has stuck around as you can see but not much
- I don't believe I have noticed any shock loss in the recipient area which is good when you consider a lot of hair was transplanted into areas with miniaturising hair in my case
- donor is still perfect

The doldrums haven't been too much of an issue for me so far as I have kept myself busy. There are times where I want to sit and stare in the mirror but go for a walk instead. I have been doing more shifts in work which has helped.

Below are my pics and unless there are any questions I will be back in a month's time with a 3 month update.

Cheers.

2monthsfront BHR Clinic.jpg

2monthsleft bhr clinic.jpg

2monthsright BHR Clinic 1.jpg

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Martinvain

Thanks for the update and I think your approach has helped time pass to be honest in that you've kept busy. A watched pot never boils as we say. You can put aloe vera and vitamin e on the recipient but as you say it most likely is only red in artificial lighting.

Look forward to the next pics.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I agree, you can't get too obsessed with when the hair is going to start growing. Getting on with your life and staying busy is the best approach. The hair is going to come out when it's ready, constantly looking in the mirror is not going to speed up the process and mentally it's probably not very healthy.

Personally when I am busy doing things, my hair is the last thing on my mind. I'm focused on the task at hand. So some good advice for most would be to stop looking in the mirror and start getting busy.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi,

I agree with you both Stephen and Topccat. Sitting and obsessing will not get me to the final outcome any quicker and neither will it change things. That said it is easier said than done and hopefully there doesn't come a time during this process where I am concerned about results. Its possibly easier to be relaxed during the first couple of months as nothing is expected in terms of growth.

Stephen, to be honest I don't think I will use anything for the recipient area as I don't feel it is necessary though I do appreciate the suggestion mate. The remaining pinkness, which in fairness is very little as the pictures show, is of no concern to me and to be honest I just accepted the healing and looking a wee bit off as part of the process when I embarked on this.

Topccat, I am glad you are following this thread and I appreciate what you are trying to achieve and those you are trying to help by posting on boards across the webs. I mentioned this at the time but I was the guy in Brussels for my consultation with BHR the day of your surgery. Delighted things are working out for you. All the best.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi guys,

I am now 3 months post op to the day. The last month has been quite dull, to be honest but at least from now on things should hopefully start getting slowly better and more interesting. The odd fine hair has appeared on the right side just in front of my existing hair which can maybe be seen from the photographs and the same on the left but it really is only the odd one or two. Nothing I can see at the hairline yet but it really is too early.

Also bare in mind a lot of hair was transplanted amongst a lot of my existing hair as well.

A very faint pink outline still exists where my new hairline was transplanted and the odd graft has hung around so this will serve as a good reference point for things filling in.

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

FUE Hair Transplant BHR Clinic1.jpg

FUE Hair Transplant BHR Clinic2.jpg

FUE Hair Transplant BHR Clinic3.jpg

R

richfrog

Valued member
Thanks for the update, looks like its healed pretty good.
How has the back healed?

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi Richfrog,

Everything seems to have healed up well. Zero pitting or scarring in the recipient and I am happy with this. The skin looks untouched to be honest barring a tiny bit of pinkness.

The donor area is fine also. I still shave my head down to a number 1 until the transplant starts coming in and ok there is the odd little white dot but its not worth splitting hairs over so to speak. No surgery is without scarring and this is minimal.

The previous page has a donor shot at one month post op and I will get you some more over the weekend showing how it looks at present.

Cheers.

R

richfrog

Valued member
Yeah agree the recipient there is no sign you have had anything done at all, looks really good cus there close up pics.
Would appreciate the donor pic gives me an idea what its like stage by stage.
You have a good Christmas aswell.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi Richfrog,

Here are 3 donor pics I took today. Its difficult to take them myself but I don't want to go asking others in the house to take them for me. I feel they are a fair reflection of how things look but by all means if you would like my to try and get a specific photo then ask and I will try.

The hair is about 4mm in length just now. I would hope by 6 months post op (3 months from now) I have enough of an outline at the hairline to confidently start growing my hair back in again as I am beginning to tire of the shaved look. Do you think this is a reasonable hope in terms of the time frame?

That's since May I have cut it this short but its better than putting concealers on longer hair every day trying to scrape together a hairstyle. Shaving is definitely a better option when hair quality is poor (in my case only at the front) but it is far from ideal and in all honesty I still find a bit of a sickener from time to time.

Whats your current hair state? I have seen your name on other forums before but can't recall details.

Cheers.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Martinvain

Thanks for the pics update. Glad healing has gone well. Look forward to updates. Have a great Christmas and New year.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Sorry, I'm an idiot and forgot to put the pictures in the post above.

3 month post op donor shots as requested. As you can see Dr Bisanga has done a great job with the extractions. Here's hoping for some growth up top now over the coming months.

If you would like any more pics then just ask.

Hair Transplant at BHR Clinic 1.jpg

Hair Transplant at BHR Clinic 2.jpg

Hair Transplant at BHR Clinic 3.jpg

Last edited:
L

Levrais

Valued member
Martin, this looks really good. I cant see any scars on mine either. Dr. B does a good job with the extractions for sure. He doesnt promise no scarring, but there isnt any scarring. Happy growing!

R

richfrog

Valued member
I wondered why couldn't see your pics lol
Yes 100% agree cannot tell at all that you have had fue.
work looks top notch.
Ive never shaved my head personally, only gone down to a grade 2 at back and sides and kept the top long to cover receding temples, this is the bit i want sorting, just at the deciding who to fix it bit at the moment.
But I could understand why your getting miffed with the
same haircut all the time, but it wont be forever now you have done something about it.
Also out of all the growin pics ive seen 6 months normally has the outline of the HT coming through. So i think your expectations are right. Just gotta be aware everyone is
different though.
Looking at your 3 weeks pics (before you shed most of the grafts) the placement and shape looks spot on, so if it all grows out its gonna look great.
thanks once again for the pics there a massive help with my research. ;)

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi Richfrog,

No problem regarding the pics. Regarding the 3 weeks post op pic I had actually started to shed quite a bit by then but agree the shape still held up for the photographs. If I recall correctly I began the shedding at 12 days post op. By 3 weeks a lot of the hairs that remained were lying flat against the scalp and when they fell has an obvious kink at their base.

If you, or anyone else, want further info then please ask. Like I said at the outset I want this thread to be comprehensive so that prospective patients can have as much info about what they are to go through.

During my research I found that lots of peoples threads contained pictures and proverbial pats on the back from other posters but contained little discussion as to what went on between each update. Very few threads covered the emotional side of the transplant also which I guess I have spoke about a little anyway.

Cheers.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Martinvain,your donor area is looking excellent and your pictures are great quality.

You still have a little lingering redness in the hairline which should go shortly.

Thanks for the update.

bm.

Balboa

Balboa

Valued member
wow the recipient site is so clean you healed mint. very clean work i must say i wish id of gone to bhr first.

RichTea

RichTea

Valued member
richfrog wrote:
Any updates ?
Yes I was wondering that, after reading this whole thread from the start today I am chomping at the bit for an update I hope things have gone well ??

R

robinsongreen68

Valued member
thanks so much for posting this martin, it's extremely helpful to one such as I who is thinking of going the FUE route and desperate for information/case studies. would welcome any updates.