• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2500 FUE - BHR (Bisanga)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kinder

Valued member
I'm confused ... this morning i woke up and noticed some blood scabs (i'm at 5 weeks !) I don't think that i scratched myself during the night (the finger print on my scalp comes from this morning)... I started Rogaine Foam last week (once a day) and i got some itching and red scalp, but nothing serious. Do those scabs come from a reaction to Rogaine ? c;;9 I need your help !

002.JPG

001.JPG

004.JPG

Last edited:
K

kinder

Valued member
After cleaning (shampoo) :
015.JPG

It seems that a graft bled during the night... ?! Is it possible ?!?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like folliculitis to me.There is info on here about it.

K

kinder

Valued member
Thx bigmac !
It looks scary :eek: My HT doc told me to use isobetadine shampoo.... will i lose my grafts ?! /images/emoticons/th_15-3.gif

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi kinder,

I know you spoke to rami yesterday and he passed on the doc's advice, keep it clean with the shampoo. Looks like simply an ingrowing hair and it has popped up from under the skin; it can happen. The post shampoo picture looks nice a clean, so keep washing, the scalp looks fine and cannot see any wrong.

best wishes,

K

kinder

Valued member
Hi Strephen !
I did a betadine shampoo yesterday, and now it's much better !! I will continue betadine for a couple of days. Thanks you very much :)

Last edited:
sl

sl

Hi Kinder

Thanks for the update, the skin tone looks good, 7 weeks so you are halfway to getting some growth! Looks nice and clean and you've obviously healed well.

K

kinder

Valued member
Hi everyone,

An update at 4 months. Well i have a very sensitive skin ;ss;, and i had to stop minoxidil for 5 weeks because my scalp suffered from redness. I use shampoo without methyl sulfate now and i also take vit. E pills.

Overview :

489_300345_410000000.jpg

Without and with flash :

489_300345_410000001.jpg
489_300345_410000002.jpg

489_300345_410000003.jpg

489_300345_420000004.jpg

489_300346_330000000.jpg

489_300346_330000001.jpg

Sides :

489_300346_330000002.jpg

489_300346_340000003.jpg

Well, what do you think guys ? I see new hair nearly everyday, but i'm a little disappointed, because i thought that at M+4 it will look better...

sl

sl

Hi Kinder

In my experience people both heal and grow at different rates and it is easy to look at the faster growers and get concerned you are not doing as well and there might be a problem. At the 3-4 months we say around 30% or so, and over the area we treated around that amount will look thin. The hair initially can grow finer and sometimes appear not in the correct direction, this changes over the months to become thicker and more mature with more hair growth as it goes through cycles. Big cosmetic changes are around the 6-7 months stage but even then a full result is around the 12 month mark.

But there is certainly growth there and you are at the beginning of the road not the end, so plenty to come in the ensuing months.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Don't worry, some guys are 'fast growers', some or 'slow growers'. You seem to be right on track. At the end of the road you will have great results :)

Last edited:
K

kinder

Valued member
Thanks your guys :)

I come back from hollidays, and looked carefully in the mirror yesterday. I do have some regrow, but my new hair are very thin and nearly invisible. I also started Minoxidil again, but i hope that this time i won't have pinkness (see below).

I also have two questions :

- At Day+10, i took a long bath and moisted my scalp for about 20/25 minutes to soften my scabs (no massage and no direct water pressure)... Was it a bad thing ? Can it dangerous for the grafts ?
- At 7 weeks, i started minoxidil and my scalp was pink (not red) for about 4 weeks. Can it have an impact on regrow ?

Last edited:
sl

sl

Hi kinder,

I know what you are going through all too well after all the ops I have had. When I saw you in the clinic a few weeks ago at that stage we discussed things like your scalp, we all know it can be sensitive so obviously you need to take a little more care than the average person maybe, but that does not mean it impacts the result. When we met you looked good to be honest and there nothing in the last pictures to change that.

I did cover the point about thin hairs when they first come through, it's normal; the first phase of growth it is common for them to be weaker, finer, even seemingly misdirected, over a growth cycle or two they mature and strengthen. It is not all about growth, or even how fast it grows, obviously everyone wants it all tomorrow, some are faster than others, and it can be a hard time to go through.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
I'm in a similar state of growth as you at 4.5 months (had my surgery at BHR too), but dont worry about it, BHR are a top clinic and will look after you.

sl

sl

Hi kinder

"Thanks for your help, i think i'm stressed about this."

Look, no problem, it is difficult sometimes getting through the early days, doubts, hopes in your mind. Try not to stress yourself over it, it will not help you at the end of the day. You are where you should be, yes some bloom earlier and some bloom later and human nature is to always compare ourselves to the quickest, you are fine and on target so try to sit back a little, cut down the looks to the mirror and enjoy the summer..............while it lasts!

Spencer Kobren

Spencer Kobren

Four months is still really early. By month six you should see a significant improvement.
Hang in there!

K

kinder

Valued member
Thanks you :)

Well i tried Minoxidil again 2 days ago, after 5 weeks without it.

Today, my scalp is pink, i have some little scabs and little white bumps ! My skin is still very sensitive and not fully healed i think. What should i do ? What do you think Stephen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.