• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2nd Round with Dr. Paul Shapiro - 2,000 grafts

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hey Aaron,

I like your hairstyle, it works for you. I think all your students will rise up and revolt if you changed your hairstyle. I was envisioning somewhat of the same style but a lot shorter for Mars. Hopefully soon Mars can pull that off too once he gets is full result.

Did you mention what type of shampoo you use in your write up? I get confused as to who uses what. I'm asked repeatedly from patients and prospective patients on the best type of shampoo to use. For the most part, different shampoos work differently for each individual. Such as oily hairs have different needs than someone with dry scalp. We use Nioxin shampoo at our clinic and it works well on just about all our patients. It leaves the hair shiny and manageble. Paul Mitchell's Teatree shampoo and conditioner seems to work well too.

Thanks again for making the long trip up and back home in the same day....unreal.

A

aaron1234

Valued member
Thanks Janna!

I actually drove up to Bloomington the night before and stayed at the Country Inn. Friday morning I spent way too much money at Hugo Boss and then I stopped by the clinic afterwards. Next time I visit can I just sit in on a live surgery instead?!? I need to stay away from malls.

Re: shampoos. I use Aveda's pure abundance shampoo and conditioner about 4-5 times a week, with the occasional T-Gel and Nizoral 1% interspersed to keep the psoriasis away. I wash out dermmatch every night before bed with a little Pertplus or some other cheap shampoo. I sometimes apply hydrocortisone at night to red irritated spots on my scalp. Do I sound obsessed? ;)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
aaron1234 wrote:
Do I sound obsessed? ;)

Maybe just a little. ;)

Thanks for the info on your shampoo regimen. Good to know.

Glad you broke up the trip into two days. Shopping is a bit of an obession of mine so I'd much rather shop with you then hang out in surgery if given the option. But you are always welcome to hang out if you prefer. See you when it's warmer out.

Last edited: