• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3900 FUE by Dr. De Reys at Prohairclinic Belgium

S

sim0oo

Valued member
I just had 2000 grafts to the middle and 1900 to the front area in 2 day session by Dr. De Reys at Prohairclinic Belgium. I would like to share my experience and have a feedback also from the readers of this forum during my healing and growing process. :)

Dr. De Reys told that I have really good density on donor area and there were a lot of grafts with more than 4 hairs. In the recipient area the density should be 50 grafts per cm2 in the frontal area and 45 grafts per cm2 in the middle area. I'm also starting to eat finasteride to get some growth on the crown area, so I'm hoping to have good result after one year.

I have to say that the operation was not easy for me. On both days I did not felt any pain when Dr. De Reys was doing the harvesting or the slits. To be honest I did feel a little bit, but he was giving me more anesthetics and everything was ok so far...

The beginning of the implating was also proceeding well, but on a some point I was feeling a pain only on the right side of the recipient area. Left side was ok in both days and I did not felt anything in there. But on the right side, there were areas where I basically felt every single touch and the pain was just like inserting needles under my scalp. I had more anesthetics many times in there, but it didn't help at all.
crybaby.gif
Anyway I managed the rest hours, even it was really difficult. I tried to watch movies, but I do not remember much of those because I was consentrating to the pain.

Dr. De Reys told that I was bleeding really much and that might be the reason why the anesthetics didn't work on some small areas. He suggested me to check my blood levels, because it is not normal that bleeding does not stop. I will go to see my doctor after I have recovered from this, because it's a huge risk if I'm having a big accident and I'm just keep bleeding.
crybaby.gif

At the moment I have no swelling or pain anymore. I had significant swelling on my face during first two days and I was able to open my eyes a little bit. When I was flying back to home, I was not wearing any protection to my head. I tried to use a cap, but because of the swelling it looked just like a nutshell on a top of the football.
biggrin.gif

In overall I'm glad I did this and I'm hoping the result will be worth of all what I have experienced.

Here is couple images:
Before the operation unshaved
Implanting area after 4 days post op
Donor area after 4 days post op

I'm trying to update my blog with fresh pictures daily, so please have a look about the current situtation at:
http://sim0oo.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sim0oo

Welcome to the forum.

Looking at your post op pictures it does appear that you blead quite a lot.You did stick to the pre op instructions of avoiding certain medications,vitamins and booze.

As for feeling pain,you may have a high tolerance to the anaesthetic.

It will be good to follow your progress,do you have any pre oppictures with your hair unshaven so we can compare once you start experienceing growth.

Thanks bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Yes I followed the pre operation instructions and did not use any medication etc.
I updated the picture of my unshaved head to my first post. That was the starting point.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi just seen them,thanks for pointing them out to me.

Have you been able to see your own doctor to find out why you blead so much.

bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Bigmac wrote:
Have you been able to see your own doctor to find out why you blead so much.
Not yet, but I'm going to quite soon. I have not realized this before and as I know there should not be haemophilia on my family.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
The work looks fantastic. This will make a hell of a difference for you. Keep us posted on your progress. Thanks for posting things to the forum. If you have any questions just feel free to ask.

NN

S

sim0oo

Valued member
I have washed implanting area two times and it is very red in there where is no crust anymore:
7th day post op

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All normal Sim0oo at this stage,soon all the scabs will be gone.

The redness will subside too.

bm

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
All normal. We are all different. Give it another week.

NN

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Here's the day 9 pic. Sorry about the bad quality but I still have not bought new battery for my camera:
9th day post op

I'm not sure if the transplanted hairs are growing (maybe it is only my imagination), but I'm waiting when the shedding starts ;ss;

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Its looking right where you should be,soon the hairs will shed.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
You are right where you should be. Keep us posted.

NN

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Now it's 20th day after the operation. Transplanted hairs started to shed a couple days ago and still the recipient area is very pink. I have tried to use make up to cover it, but it will not cover it perfectly. The area is still very visible
eek.gif
After one week I should go back to work and I'm getting very nervous because it is so visible and it's impossible to hide
crybaby.gif

Here's the picture taken in natural light: 19th day post op
Any tips?

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
wear a hat and say that someone got you drunk and shaved your head.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If someone notices the redness you could try and pass it off as sunburn,say you`ve been on vacation etc.

bm.

S

sim0oo

Valued member
Here's the pictures taken in natural light after one month of the operation. Redness has reduced a little bit and I have to use make up to hide it. Most of the transplanted hairs have been shed:
After one month

It seems that on my case the redness will stay for months
crybaby.gif
and I'm hoping every morning that the redness has magically gone away. Eventhough no one has said or asked anything about my hair, I'm still feeling uncomfortable when I'm at work or in public places.

N

NW5a

Valued member
Hey,

welcome to the Doldrums.

U can try AloeVera or Hamamelis. What kind of makeup are u using ?

Happy Growing