• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

4,434 grafts Dr. Cole - BCH Athens

M

maweb

hi kondofoni,

Yeah I guess everything goes as planned and you are right I can see the frame/hairline as well. Glad you mention it because I thought I am imagining .

Good to hear you made your decision. I found that the researching can be quite time consuming and eventually exhausting. Let me know if I can be of any help up until the date?!

I will post an update in roughly 3 weeks... hope to see some more growth till then ... cross your fingers For me please

E

Edsarn

I know it's hard, but you've picked a great surgeon, so you will get a great result. Some people grow faster than others, so don't be disappointed if you take a little longer than others. I've seem some people looking great after 7-8 months, whereas others take longer and have seen massive improvement in density from month 10-12. It really is a waiting game.

I've read that taking minoxidil can speed up the growth of transplanted hair, but I am not sure if this is supported by clinical evidence. Have you considered taking that or finasteride?

Happy growing.

M

maweb

I know it's hard, but you've picked a great surgeon, so you will get a great result. Some people grow faster than others, so don't be disappointed if you take a little longer than others. I've seem some people looking great after 7-8 months, whereas others take longer and have seen massive improvement in density from month 10-12. It really is a waiting game.

I've read that taking minoxidil can speed up the growth of transplanted hair, but I am not sure if this is supported by clinical evidence. Have you considered taking that or finasteride?

Happy growing.
Thanks Edsarn,

Yes you are right the waiting game is the cruel part. I am hoping to be part of the early growers but guess beggars can’t be choosers...

I have purchased topical Finasteride from the clinic but did not use it yet as I would like to see the surgical results first. Otherwise it will be difficult to differentiate the surgical from the medication results.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Will update with new pictures in c. 2 weeks.

Max

E

Edsarn

Thanks Edsarn,

Yes you are right the waiting game is the cruel part. I am hoping to be part of the early growers but guess beggars can’t be choosers...

I have purchased topical Finasteride from the clinic but did not use it yet as I would like to see the surgical results first. Otherwise it will be difficult to differentiate the surgical from the medication results.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Will update with new pictures in c. 2 weeks.

Max

No worries Max. I've had 4 surgeries now, and I find that I get quite excited before the surgery and then go through a bit a lull a few weeks later when my hair looks than it did before the surgery. Unfortunately, this is part of the process!! That passes though, once the donor recovers and then the hair starts to grow back.

K

kondofoni

I keep crossing fingers for you maweb ( thanks for all your help!)

I guess Dr Cole is really big on topical Finasteride, I'm using the oral 5mg pill and cut it into four 1.25mg a day, just because it's just easier for me to keep track and use it over the years, I was really bad in putting stuff on my head daily.