• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Anyone hear of "dr shipu"?

G

gentlee

Hi I've been waiting a fair amount of time to go ahead with the transplant and a mate went to Kensington hair clinic a few weeks ago so thought I'd give it a look in. He had a decent day in all and reviews are good, but can't find this dr anywhere on the Internet. The website says he's the best in the uk, suppose a lot of places claim that.
My mate did mention that a girl, not shipu did the fue bit with the drill which doesn't fill me with confidence.

Has anyone been here or ever heard of this guy? Might go for the free consult but be good to hear anyones experience ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion the doctor you mention is not the best in the UK.
Could you ask your friend to post his story on here. It’ll be good to see how his HT turns out.
Was she insured to carry out surgery?
I see the company is owned by a dentist and 2 chartered surveyors.
It would appear they hire in freelance doctors.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
@gentlee Have you some pictures and info you could share showing your hair loss situation?

G

gentlee

Yeah I've sent him the link to hle, maybe he will be up for sharing in a few months or so when the grafts are coming in (hopefully for him )

I've been interested in what he said about the girl doing the " punching" (extracting?) of the grafts as lots of places have been saying only doctors should do this bit, is that right or just a doctors preference? You said she could be insured for surgery if not a doctor (I'm told she wasn't) which could be reassuring if actually it doesn't make much difference.

I'm 35 and have been seeing the recession in the mirror for about 9 years. Think I'm finally at the stage where I might want to do something about it so starting with some research first.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I asked if the tech performing the punching is covered by insurance. Who is responsible if something were to happen to you as a direct result of this action?
Any chance you could add some pictures showing your hair loss situation?