• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Bruno Ferreira - 3611 grafts - 28th & 29th of January 2020

R

Rolandas

Looks like you got a good job done. Couldn't get over the difference when i viewed your before picture compared with the one you posted outside. When things look so good straight after surgery i bet it feels a real bummer when the shedding happens to patients. Good luck with the growth :)

Haha I guess that will be heart breaking! :D
In any way I'm prepared as I know what to expect.

R

Rolandas

Week 3 Post OP
Shedding phase! Ouch!
I was going around quite happy as the redness went away dramatically, so people (mainly shorter than me) wouldn't even understand that I had something done! It was so nice to have defined hairline (that might sound funny, but I don't remember how does it feel to have an actual hairline!),but now for couple of days already I enter a shedding phase!
Whenever I brush my hand through my recipient area I can see 3-5 hairs on it. Whenever I wash my hair I can see 5632656735462734523786543teryfgdsh vmf hairs going down the drain. I am shedding hair at this very moment! Heartbreaking! Some people are even joking around "that's it man, you had your week of happiness" (that was my friend, we always making fun of each other, so I really don't care about such comments!).
Anyways, I was well prepared for that, but i had this little tiny hope that I will be that "anomaly" who doesn't shed!
Reality kicked in - I am not special!
As I mentioned before redness is disappearing... As fast as I'm shedding (It's my new joke for today haha!). Mid-scalp & crown is filling up and at this point looks so much better.
At this point I just want to buzz my hair on the sides and back and it will look good, but I will leave my donor for another few weeks before I will touch it with clippers.
BTW donor is healing well (except very end of sides, you still can clearly see red dots in there..). Perhaps because density is not perfect in there?
P.S. I had few scars on the back of my head since forever, so it's not related to surgery!

P.S. I recently posted a new video talking about my first day at work 12 days after my HT.

What do you think? How was your first day? I had quite fascinating reactions!

Attachments

• 20200221_185242.jpg
    20200221_185242.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 20200221_185322.jpg
    20200221_185322.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 542
  • 20200221_185422.jpg
    20200221_185422.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 526
  • 20200220_060413.jpg
    20200220_060413.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 556
  • 20200220_060310.jpg
    20200220_060310.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 522
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks right on track at 3 weeks.
Some people will always try to make fun, usually because of their own insecurities. Good to hear they don`t bother you.
Nice video too.
All the best.
Bm.

R

Rolandas

Just posted a video update on week 2 on my YouTube Channel for those of you who is interested to see in video format!
P.S. Still not sure what I love more, video editing or my result so far!

R

Rolandas

Week 4
Hello gentlemen & gentlemen (cuz we don't have ladies in here?!?
Hope you are doing great while reading this post.
Thank you for stopping by and checking my results out! I'm here to update on my Week 4 (finally!!!)
  • Shedding
  • Donor healing
  • Redness disappearing
All of the mentioned above happened to me during my week 4!
Shedding started a week a go and been shedding like crazy! Lost A LOT!!!... of hairs. It's heartbreaking! Interestingly enough majority of my loss is on the hairline (OUCH!),while the back of recipient area looks much much fuller!
On another hand I'm enjoying a fresh cut and looks like donor is looking pretty well!
Redness is present (mainly on the first few cm's of the hairline due to poking 824y251767673 times in that area!),but the rest of recipient area is getting lightly pink.

Pictures below for those of you with slow internet connection, but for the rest of the world a link below!
P.S. I extremely enjoy editing my videos and upping up production quality, thus I really appreciate your time watching them!

R

Rolandas

20200229_135841-jpg.12620

Attachments

• 20200229_135841.jpg
    20200229_135841.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 2,389
  • 20200229_135846.jpg
    20200229_135846.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 480
  • 20200229_135855.jpg
    20200229_135855.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 525
  • 20200229_135914.jpg
    20200229_135914.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 551
  • 20200229_135617.jpg
    20200229_135617.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 564
P

Pete89

Nice videos!
I’m on about day 23 or 24, was hoping I wouldn’t shed, but it’s definitely kicking in today

R

Rolandas

Week 5

I know the timing doesn't really match according to my updates, but I'm doing my best to post on time! I'm making sure to get my footage and pics on time though!

I can just tell that I'm definitely on track! Finasteride is improving my crown quite well and my transplanted hairs are growing longer, so they are already matching my native hair. I'm glad I trimmed my hair a week ago!

During the last week I've noticed few positive changes:
  1. Shedding is over!
  2. Recipient area hair growth
  3. Donor area healing
All points are quite encouraging, especially at only week 5.

As always you can find more info over my Mr. Rolandas YouTube channel.

Stay safe everyone!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you`ve healed well and everything is returning to normal. It would be amazing for you if you`re getting transplanted growth at week 5.

R

Rolandas

I don't think new hairs are growing (the ones that shed), even though I've got a suspicion that this might be the case for some grafts. See the picture attached.
There are some little tiny hairs. Either they never grew and will die, or they're "new borns" :D

dr Bruno Hair transplant..jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I guess time will tell. I see you have a couple of Zits. Did you leave them to heal by themselves or did you use a warm compress on them?

R

Rolandas

I guess time will tell. I see you have a couple of Zits. Did you leave them to heal by themselves or did you use a warm compress on them?
I didn't do anything for those spots. Just washing my head every day & applying Aloe Vera gel every day as well.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok. They should be clearing up for you then, sometimes they re-appear at different stages.

B

Bandit

What an interesting thread. The parts of your head where they took the hair grafts from look to have healed really well. Was there ever a time during the healing process where you thought the Ibuprofen wasn't enough? Basically i'm a wuss when it comes to pain and the thought of having huge amounts of pain is putting me off having my surgery.

R

Rolandas

Actually the only times I took painkiller was immediately after surgery as per Dr. Instructions (literally immediately after going off the chair!). Afterwards I never had any pain anywhere. I also didn't had any pain before/during procedure... Even anaesthesia was cometely painless. Not sure how normal it is, but that's what I had.

R

Rolandas

Hello gentlemen,
For those of you who are a HT nerds and are looking at a finer details, here's a report from Dr. Bruno Ferreira himself.

snip 1.JPG

snip 2.JPG

Turns out I had more grafts implanted than I expected (good or bad surprise?)..

Also some more pictures...

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg
Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image9.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11.jpg

Image12.jpg

Image13.jpg

Y

Yzerman

Hi Rolandas,

Have been following you since day 1 and I really appreciate your updates both on the different forums but also on Youtube.
Looking forward to see your results over time.

Dr. Bruno Ferreira seems to be professional and doing clean work. I feel he is not one of the surgeons being named often when people discuss HTs? Why do you think this is the case? I feel he should get more credits for his work.

Keep rocking Rolandas!
Cheers

R

Rolandas

Hi Rolandas,

Have been following you since day 1 and I really appreciate your updates both on the different forums but also on Youtube.
Looking forward to see your results over time.

Dr. Bruno Ferreira seems to be professional and doing clean work. I feel he is not one of the surgeons being named often when people discuss HTs? Why do you think this is the case? I feel he should get more credits for his work.

Keep rocking Rolandas!
Cheers
Thanks for your support!
I think Dr. Ferreira's problem is that through his career he was mainly working for other clinics, hence other clinics owned the before/after pictures. It's mostly copyright. He is very humble, and I think he is still trying to learn as much as he can by working with Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid (while still operating his own practise in Portugal).
I'm sure world will know more about him in the next few years as the way he is dealing with everything is a top notch!

Y

Yzerman

Thanks for your support!
I think Dr. Ferreira's problem is that through his career he was mainly working for other clinics, hence other clinics owned the before/after pictures. It's mostly copyright. He is very humble, and I think he is still trying to learn as much as he can by working with Dr. Lorenzo in Madrid (while still operating his own practise in Portugal).
I'm sure world will know more about him in the next few years as the way he is dealing with everything is a top notch!

That sounds locigal.
I hope he gets the credits he deserve and that his name will be more known in the future.

How did you plan the trip to Portugal, did you get recommendations on how long to stay after the procedure?