• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FANSTASTIC EXPERIENCE WITH DR ACAR @ COSMEDICA

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Arnold, I didn't get a reason off the doc, I just assumed it was the healing process from the strip...….I think its pretty invasive and therefore recovery is more significant.

FUE was a breeze, honestly I almost enjoyed it.....It was almost pleasant.

My donor area now feels like it did before surgery, I kid you not......just over 4 weeks out

Yes, Im hoping for good density when it grows out as ive had over 5600 grafts into the front 3rd now with the first pass, so here's hoping

Thanks Arnold

T

Todd

Tommy, were you bald in the front third? Have you got a picture of your hair before your first sugery? 5600 is a ton of grafts.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Tommy, were you bald in the front third? Have you got a picture of your hair before your first sugery? 5600 is a ton of grafts.

Not bald but pretty sparse and see through.......It had thinned since my first surgery

First two pics pre Dr acar Dry and wet

last pic two weeks post Dr acar

Regards

Tom

Attachments

• hd1.png
    hd1.png
    744.9 KB · Views: 515
  • hd8.png
    hd8.png
    642.3 KB · Views: 483
  • thumbnail_IMG_2666.png
    thumbnail_IMG_2666.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 531
TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
yes a I hope so, I have no plans for another tbh but obviously loss is progressive so will how it goes

T

Todd

What if you lost more but had no more donor? I doubt that will happen but a scary thought.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
What if you lost more but had no more donor? I doubt that will happen but a scary thought.

That's always the risk I guess with transplants......I like to think Ive managed my donor well...….1st transplant @ 30 and second at 44....all the while stabilising with meds, my hairloss is less of an issue for me as I get older, i know thats sounds contradictory after having 2 x HT's but maybe its because I've addressed it.

For example we had a house warming on friday and i look like a bald eagle after shedding, but really not too fussed all 20 to 30 peopl knew i had work done....No issue

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Tommy, I think you will be fine from now onwards. This 2nd transplant should be you sorted.

T

Todd

With hair transplants being sociably acceptable now I guess it makes it easier for people to not hide it. Were your friends asking you about your transplant? If I notice someone that had something done I`ll look more out of interest than frown upon it.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Todd, initially no, they wern't asking as I looked like id had a buzz cut once I had surfaced from the initial redness, I just decided to fess up to people as I don't really care these days...…..My first transplant was a bit cloak and dagger, but its just a waste of energy IMO......It's liberating now that people know and I happily make fun of myself as my head resembles orville the duck at the minute ha ha

T

Todd

I`ve mentioned to a few I`ll be having something done and you`re right, nobody seems to care. The internet is full of celebrities having work done. Orville the duck haha, I remember him.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
8 week update...….8 weeks to the day tomorrow. Ugly duckling stage.......Donor feels great it looks a little sparse and you can see my strip scar a little but overall not too obvious. I had my first trim at the weekend. I think I'm back to my original hairline......so far so good.

Attachments

• 8WEEK 1.png
    8WEEK 1.png
    468 KB · Views: 482
  • 8week1.JPG
    8week1.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 443
  • 8week2.JPG
    8week2.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 439
  • 8week3.JPG
    8week3.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_2418.PNG
    IMG_2418.PNG
    282.5 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tommy. Everything looks on track, good to get that first hair cut and make things look normal again. Your hairline looks near enough pre op now.
I can just make out the strip scar, but only because I`m looking for it. Most people won`t notice it.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Donor at 9 weeks after 3000 FUE on top of previous strip of 2650.......Think its safe to say my donor hasn't been depleted or over harvested. I will update the front at the 12 week mark as still a bit patchy and nothing much to report

Attachments

• donor.png
    donor.png
    500.4 KB · Views: 428
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tommy. Your donor looks in excellent shape. Do you normally have your hair at that length?

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Tommy. Your donor looks in excellent shape. Do you normally have your hair at that length?

Hi Mate, yes I probably let it grow out to this length before I get it cut...….I usually have a No4 on the back and 2 at the sides but will see how that works out when all things are grown.

From what I have seen cosmedica don't overharvest......Unless Im mistaken?

I probably still have a bit of shockloss going on also under there

Cheers

Tom

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hair looks good at that length. Time will tell regarding overharvesting once it fully grows and the shock loss returns. Looking at your extractions, I think you will be fine.