• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Fue 4100 grafts 12 months later

R

robbolondon

I had a fue hair transplant 12 months ago 4100 grafts, agreed first half then come back later for crown and mid section.

Result so far is not good, can look straight through hair into scalp, its got no density at all, hard to take any positives from current situation.

Have had consultation with another clinic in person, he was recommending taking up 2700 grafts for crown and mid section but says i wouldn't be able to take any more from donor area. But what concerns me is donor area looks quite depleted already. Says i could have same density for rear as what i currently have.

Also said no way I had 4100 grafts

What options do I have left, would body beard hair be able to add more density and finish remainder
or would it better to get SMP or Tricopigmentation would it be better to have another fue for remainder of head so would have same look over all over shaved to 1 on clippers them the smp trico?

Be interested to hear your thoughts to make the best of a bad situation, not sure what to do, obviously don't want to waste money if result is not going to look good seems to be the longer it grows the worse it looks.

Attachments

• Picture 50.jpg
    Picture 50.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 514
  • 20200411_174130.jpg
    20200411_174130.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 499
  • 20200521_222118.jpg
    20200521_222118.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 535
  • 20190525_171538.jpg
    20190525_171538.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 518
  • 20200521_222457.jpg
    20200521_222457.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 577
  • 20200521_163912.jpg
    20200521_163912.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 587
  • Picture 56.jpg
    Picture 56.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 564
  • Picture 55.jpg
    Picture 55.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Rob

Firstly appreciate you sharing your experience with the forum am sure it will help others , as for your HT your pictures say it all and 4000 grafts well it depends what grew and what did not but it certainly does not look like it , I would suggest at this stage get your pictures out to respected Clinics and Surgeons and find the best one that has a plan of action for you , the Donor you have left is precious so you need to ensure that you pick the right Clinic Surgeon , As for beard Grafts to be used their is cases out their but do your research do not rush in plus their is experienced members on this forum who can give you some guidance as well wishing you all the very best and check out the Clinic Section

escar

escar

Hi Rob, Im sorry to see what you've received for result. The good news are that at least from the photos the donor seems not bad, Im pretty sure that some reputed doctor could get more "substance" from there. But you will have as much as one more bullet, maybe two bullets if you use the first one ccorrectly.

If you need help dont hesitate to let us know, I've been a butchered patient myself and had 5 procedures up to date, I know exactly how you feel.

This is my case:

By the way you could help more people to avoid your same mistake by telling everyone who did this job to you.

Regards and good luck

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Rob.
Sorry to see your result has not turned out as expected. There is a good chance something can be salvaged with more grafts and the use of body hair. Your donor looks intact on the sides. What I think you need is to make it look natural. Whoever did this has planted your grafts in rows, this is the sign of poor planning and not having a clue how to create a natural look.
What is the original clinic saying to you about this?
Also, do you have any immediate post op pictures showing the donor extractions?

R

robbolondon

Images of donor 2 days after i think

Attachments

• 20200624_215506.jpg
    20200624_215506.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 481
  • 20190524_221234.jpg
    20190524_221234.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 438
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The donor extraction site looks ok. It`s just the planting in rows that are concerning.
What has the clinic said about your growth/result?

R

robbolondon

contacted clinic after after about 8 month about growth as it did not look good for 4100 grafts, attached photos via whatsapp reply was pretty much for some people hair can take up to 18 months for final results give it time, looked like standard reply, clinic left whatsapp messaging saying would ring next week never did, never had any other contact. Never tried contacting again.

13 months later if hair pushed upwards looks terrible, if i push it forward give a little coverage but not great at all was hoping for more density than that, it seems if hair angle is pointing 45o but at that angle looks terrible, see other results with that angle but they have the density.
at 13 months would assume is 100% hair growth now.

some hairs are wiry wonky, don't have any real colour wiggly Hard to explain, like frizy hair, my other hair isnt like that,
also feels dry coarser compared to hair on sides.

when i wash hair i see a few little hairs that look like they have broken off.

Now not sure what to do, do i got back for second half but if result for front isn't that good, obviously with front half only done, and sharp contrast to crown it stands out even more and it is very noticeable.

Its hard to find good realistic advice

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your donor at the back has been thinned out quite a bit, as stated earlier the sides look better. A decent doctor may be able to soften your hairline with added density giving it a natural look. If you want the crown doing I`d say the best you can hope for is a thin covering but this might be enough to have a positive impact. Body hair can be used to add density as well.
SMP is an option by itself or with a further hair transplant.
It is a shame the clinic has not provided you with the aftercare.

Irish Eyes

Irish Eyes

Jeez looks like the work of untrained techs.. those rows really say a lot. Who and where is this clinic, so another victim won’t be maimed

Reactions: sl
S

Sammmuel

Hi Rob,
Sorry to see your results. I guess, first of all, the frontal hairline was implanted to low. In your case the dr. could place it higher focusing on the density. Not sure if your donor area can give more grafts. Try to show your photos to several doctors (not only the one that operated you). You can also have your chest and beard hair transplanted. Yet 50% of them may not grow.
Where did you have your HT?
Thanks for sharing your experience...

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Sorry to see this result but from the placing as BM said it was never going to be good. This shows why research is so important and surgery should never be taken lightly, but the problem is the poor results are by and large hidden and so it is a conveyor belt of victims and you sadly are one of them.

Try to consult with doctors who are especially experienced in repair work and can actually read donor density accurately (a rarity it seems), and see what you have in the donor still. Some areas are patchy and some will still be virgin areas as these clinics just concentrate on the rear richer areas and not sides or above ears, so you will have some virgin areas also that can be taped in to.

All the best in any event and hope your situation can be ameliorated.