• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
Brief history....

flirted with the idea of a transplant five years ago to fill-in my receding hairline and had a consultation with Dr Rogers in Stratford on Avon (now changed to a westminster clinic name I think)...nice chap but didn't really inspire much confidence for me with FUE, so I decided to wait awhile as FUE is the only method I would entertain.

About three years ago I had a consultation with DHI in London and although they seemed very knowlegeable they weren't for me

A month ago I contacted DHI again and they seemed much better organised this time and they arranged a free trial and consultation, however the night before they altered my appointment time and I had to decline.

Thing is, I really would like to get something underway now. I guess I need approx 1000 hairs, that's all; just the front hairline... Farjo seems to get some good press but they seem less into FUE.

Any ideas anyone for my best next step?

Thanks in advance...

T.C

T.C

You should check out clinics in Belgium which is the only place where you should go. So keep on these forums and research the clinics and see their results foryourself and dont rush.Check out Dr Bisanga,Mwamba,Feriduni who all have excellent reputations for FUE.

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
Thanks for the replies, looks like Prohair & BHR get the vote; I'll try to get some consultations booked.
Also will post some pics asap.
Not taking any meds and hairloss in the 2-3 category.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you find the forum helpful.

Do plenty of research and ask the doctors or patients whatever questions you have.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

bm.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
I have to agree with the advice given, research research, can never do enough; also want to say another thing about what you mentioned, hairs! Be careful 1000 hairs will not go far, trust me, most clinics talk grafts and that can be 2 to 2.5 hairs in some cases, so make sure when you are talking or being told information that grafts and hairs are understood, there could be the difference between a 1000 grafts being over 2000 hairs and 1000 grafts just being 1000 hairs, and that will make the world of a difference to your result....and happiness.

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
I am sure you are right about the number of hairs and it's been over five years since I had a proper consulatation and things ahve moved on alittle....or back alittle! so I am sure I would need more like 1500 - 2000 hairs as you say. I have a good very thick donor area and the hair loss is at the front so things could be worse.

Another thing, do you think climate plays a part in the success or otherwise of hair transplants? just wondered if the extreme heat and humidity (sweating) would be a bad thing and whether, given a choice spring or autumn would be ideal?

Anyone know of Nu-Hart? saw them metioned in a sunday paper, don't know if they are FUE specilaists and thought you guys could advise - or to stick with my Prohair, BHR route.

thanks

T.C

T.C

Sweetfreedom, I wouldnt go anywhere near NU-HART (or any clinic that has to advertise in a newspaper to get patients in), or any other u.k operator as there are no reputable or proven FUE doctors on this island of ours.In fact there are no clinics in the U.K for any kind of HT with proven results apart from Farjo who have a good standard but they dont do FUE.Stick with the recommemded clinics here as they are tried and tested and you can easily see examples of their work and patient testimony.Better to travel and not to risk getting scared up or ripped off when you can eliminate that risk.Check out Bullitnuts story,that should do the trick.I would say Autumn is better as less sun and heat is a better environment to avoid complications but if you take precautions with hats etc summer would be o.k also.

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
Thanks TC, good idvice I'm sure. I'll keep you posted on how the consultations go and post some pics next few days...

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
I emailed BHR yesterday about a consulatation and 24rs later have not had a reply yet, bit surprised really to have not even had an auto reply....

I will try Prohair next and see how/if they respond!

sl

sl

Hi Sweetfreedom

Apologies if you have not received a reply from me if you emailed, I get many emails from the UK every day but can assure you I reply/acknowledge all of them the same day. As I don't know who you are I can only ask you to send again to [email protected] or the clinic directly at [email protected] and I will promise a timely reply, Alternatively you can ask the question here if you wish and I will answer..

Many thanks.

S

sweetfreedom

Valued member
Stephen thankyou, we have been in contact this morning so now you can tie me in with the emails!

Didn't get a response initially but don't worry about that, I'm now looking forward to getting the ball rolling...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you guys sorted anything out.SF maybe you could meet Stephen and see Dr Bisangas work first hand which is always a plus.

Cheers bm.

sl

sl

Hi BM.

Incidently I got back Sunday and am in the UK till 9th August and am booking to see UK guys.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Stephen.

Hope you let some of these guys aware of this place in general conversation.:)

bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Any updates SF on what you decided to do.

bm.