• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Growth Centre (HGC)

F

Frysie

Hi, wondering if anyone has used the hair growth centre in London? Dr Zakar Rafiq Will be carrying out my FUE.
Thanks all in advance

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
My advice would be to do more research and have a few more consults.
Could you ask Dr Rafiq who trained him and to show proof he has been performing hair transplants for 5 years?
On their website, they have fake testimonials that use other clinics images which they have altered/photoshopped.
They use the Maitland clinics picture which shows Dr Ball using loupes. Does this doctor use such equipment.
They claim Dr Rafiq has performed over 3000 successful surgeries. This is in a 5 year period. They should have plenty of patient pictures, why steal other clinics pictures and write fake testimonials?
Let's assume he has performed 3000 surgeries (they say over)
5 X 365 equals 1825 days. That means he has performed 1.64 surgeries every single day without a break unless he did multiple surgeries on days. I find these figures very hard to believe.

False testimonials

image.jpeg

Using Maitland clinic image without permission

image.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
What are they charging you?

You can buy a Groupon, not that I'd use a clinic that sells hair transplants on Groupon.

image.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You may want to read this thread.

Below is an example of this clinic stealing other clinics pictures and pretending they are their patients, very misleading and illegal.

Hasson & Wong patient below.

hasson and wong.jpeg

Image stolen, photoshopped and passed off as Hair growth centre patient.

Hair Growth centre Stole this hair transplant picture.jpg

F

Frysie

£2000 for an unlimited amount of grafts. This is direct worth the clinic. A company called want hair also recommended them to me

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
So if they do 3000 grafts for £2000 that`s 66 pence per graft, if 4000 grafts it`s 50 pence per graft. Cost of supplies, equipment, premises, wages, etc they will lose money. It`s up to you if you go ahead with them. I provided you with facts that you can ask them.
By the way, Want hair are another broker and they`re using other clinics' pictures as their patients. They are purposely misleading you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Here is Want hair using other clinics pictures pretending it's their work.

The first image is Dr Bernstein's patient and second is Hasson & Wongs patient.

I suspect many more have been stolen from reputable clinic websites.

I could look through but I know their site is full of crap.

You have enough info now to make an educated choice.

image.jpeg

S

smudger78

Hi,

Just seen this, had a phone consultation with Want Hair today where they offered FUE via HGC in Manchester or a Dr Mahmut Kaya at Memorial Hospital, Istanbul for £2500 and £1895 respectively. Seems the saying "if it looks too good to be true..." may apply here then?

F

Frysie

Went ahead with my transplant at the HGC and it was a great experience. Hair is growing incredible and the after care was great form the clinic.

U

uropa79

Just post them on here.

This same Dr Zakar Rafiq is listed as one of the surgeons on Harley Street Healthcare clinic website. I am not saying for one second a doctor can't work for more than one clinic. If he's associated with the above scam then Harley Street is equally questionable and can't be trusted. Just my 2 pence!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This same Dr Zakar Rafiq is listed as one of the surgeons on Harley Street Healthcare clinic website. I am not saying for one second a doctor can't work for more than one clinic. If he's associated with the above scam then Harley Street is equally questionable and can't be trusted. Just my 2 pence!

What do you think of these results?

image.jpeg

S

Swiss

Here is Want hair using other clinics pictures pretending it's their work.

The first image is Dr Bernstein's patient and second is Hasson & Wongs patient.

I suspect many more have been stolen from reputable clinic websites.

I could look through but I know their site is full of crap.

You have enough info now to make an educated choice.

View attachment 14541
Hi I’m totally new to hair transplants and just had a quote off Want Hair , so should I steer clear? Any help appreciated, I’m in Carlisle north UK . Cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi I’m totally new to hair transplants and just had a quote off Want Hair , so should I steer clear? Any help appreciated, I’m in Carlisle north UK . Cheers

That decision has to be yours. Ask them why they pretend patients from other clinics are their patient results.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Here is Wanthair on Facebook pretending this Dr Bernstein patient from New York is their patient. They can`t use the excuse of it`s their web designer using stock pictures.

Wanthair review, stealing patient pictures_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe this patient, Marty Whelan Tv presenter who had his hair transplant with Dr Maurice Collins at the Blackrock clinic in Ireland but somehow Wanthair are claiming he is their patient.

You can read Marty`s story here.

Marty Whelan hair transplant_LI.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good catch with the video. No disputing it`s not their patient.
They have images from various Turkish clinics such as Transmed. Maybe that's where they send you or maybe they have just taken their images as well.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

Just seen this, had a phone consultation with Want Hair today where they offered FUE via HGC in Manchester or a Dr Mahmut Kaya at Memorial Hospital, Istanbul for £2500 and £1895 respectively. Seems the saying "if it looks too good to be true..." may apply here then?

How did you find this broker? Where did you get their contact info?