• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant - Manchester

B

Boshea

So I’ve been researching ever since lockdown, had lots of consultations etc and am finding it really hard to know what to do. Keep finding bad reviews/articles in newspapers about some of the companies. The only one I’ve had good feeling from is the Farjo clinic. Though it doesn’t have to be Manchester as I’ll travel to get the right one. Just wondered if anyone had any experience they could share which might help.

K

Kelvino1987

Valued member
Hi mate. I went with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr in Leeds. I can’t comment on my own results yet as it’s only been 2 weeks, but the service provided was brilliant and all staff are very professional. He’s a very experienced surgeon, very thorough and is very honest (known to turn people away who he believes are not suitable candidates). I had 4 consultations at other clinics prior to the Hair Dr, but I didn’t mean feel pressured as I did with other clinics - it just felt like the right decision, and of course I knew more about what was needed having researched for several years. There are other clinics on this forum who are reputable including Dr Farjo. My advice would be to narrow down around 4/5 clinics with very good reputations, and contact them all for a consultation, which I think are virtual atm due to COVID. See which clinic you feel suits you more and make a decision. Hope you get it sorted fella.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Same here I went with Dr Arshad 3 weeks ago and so far I’m impressed with my results as well as the way I was treated by the Hair Dr Clinic and staff. A member on here just posted his 6 months Hair Dr progress pictures and his results look very good so far and with another 6 months still to go for full result I’m Sure He’s gonna be a very happy man. I had been research a HT for well over 6 years. IMO it’s all about taking your time and researching is key to a happy result.

B

Boshea

Thanks. Yeah spoke to some and just didn’t feel right during the consultation and others had reviews online which seemed like they had written them themselves. I tried the one in Leeds and they forgot my consultation twice and never called but maybe I’ll give them another chance!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How are you getting on with your research/consultations?

S

SurgerySeeker

Hi, I'm literally in the exact same position as the poster. Am looking for a transplant clinic in Manchester. Am probably going to go with Farjo as they seem the most professional, but would appreciate any advice from people who've been through the procedure.

Have been to see all the clinics in Mcr and will summarise my findings here:

Farjo - they seem attentive and serious in the way they go about things. Have had three consultations so far, including with the main guy and one of the doctors (now on maternity leave). Price for 2.2k grafts is on the expensive side.
MHR - based in Knutsford. They strongly push you to go for laser and meds before surgery. Not sure this is necessary? Also the consultant is a bit arrogant.
Crown Clinic - very expensive and you have to pay for the consultation. You do get to see the main guy though and he's very informative.
Harley Street and DHI - both seem quite new and a bit frantic. Guess they're just setting up. Lovely people though.
Vinci - salesman seemed a complete huckster. Turned off instantly.

Like I say, would be great to get others' experiences before committing to one of them.

H

horris

Valued member
Hi mate,
Am from sunny Manchester as well also went to see fargo and Vinci for consultations. I was close to going with fargo but the communication wasn't great and the graft numbers were quite low and vinci was discounted once I found these forums. I went with Dr bisanga in Brussels top doc and assistant hilde and do consultations on London. Really happy and they care about your results, it was about £100 return ryanair flight and then the hotel done and dusted. Think carefully about your doctor and don't be limited to the northwest, Dr ball looks well down south and Belgium/turkey/Spain have some top docs. Its a lifetime decision so take your time and do your research. Good luck

P

Priceyrice

Hi. Another patient of the hair Dr in Leeds here. Had my transplant last week and all went very well so far. I'll do a proper review over the coming days.